110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are we looking at here? The $20m?

I might be mistaken, but that just looks like the amount 110i raised in their Series A funding round. It's not necessarily money that they're investing into one single project.

If I remember well what they said in an interview, they indeed talked about a capital of 3M Swiss francs (=€) in 2017. 40M last year, and already 50M secured for 2022.

I probably read too much into it, probably cause I'm tired or the Shenmue hype does that sometimes. Thinking about it, I doubt they would give all of 20M to Yu for Shenmue IV. It's good to see that 110 industries have plenty of money though.

I hope Shenmue 4 has nothing to do with Shenmue 3. And I say this free of nostalgia: I finished Shenmue 2 for the first time this week and had a wonderful experience. Now I'm having a hard time with Shenmue 3.

I hope Shenmue 4 has nothing to do with Shenmue 3. And I say this free of nostalgia: I finished Shenmue 2 for the first time this week and had a wonderful experience. Now I'm having a hard time with Shenmue 3.
I've got bad news for you, it's gonna be the sequel to Shenmue 3.

Hi everyone,

personally i think the relationship between Yu Suzuki & 110I started with a new game & a new premise. (New IP)
based on how the company describe themselves and the type of projects already announced by them so far (original works) not to mention the state of the Shenmue IP at the time (during the TGS 2021 introduction video) i highly doubt Suzuki appeared during that time for Shenmue... no way.

if and a big IF shenmue IV is going to be made in cooperation with them? it's gotta be on top of whatever Yu Suzuki was there for originally. maybe Suzuki san was able to convince them to support the development of the fourth game based on the Anime performance? who knows..

regardless, i am still excited for whatever comes out of this relationship. actually since 2003 i was looking forward to another console centric IP from Yu Suzuki other than Shenmue, it was a dream of mine since then.
but if we end up getting both projects fully funded i would be crying of joy.

I've got bad news for you, it's gonna be the sequel to Shenmue 3.
Indeed. But I say as a game. May it be as good as the first two, you know?

I still can't believe what I'm playing. My time in that village is being suffocating. I'm about to stop it to start new playthroughs of Shenmue 1 and 2. Maybe I'll just watch the rest of the story of 3 on YouTube. It's painful to say this after I've had wonderful experiences with 1 and 2 this year.

Edit: and what are those trophies? Cut 1000 wood and catch 1000 fish?

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

personally i think the relationship between Yu Suzuki & 110I started with a new game & a new premise. (New IP)
based on how the company describe themselves and the type of projects already announced by them so far (original works) not to mention the state of the Shenmue IP at the time (during the TGS 2021 introduction video) i highly doubt Suzuki appeared during that time for Shenmue... no way.

if and a big IF shenmue IV is going to be made in cooperation with them? it's gotta be on top of whatever Yu Suzuki was there for originally. maybe Suzuki san was able to convince them to support the development of the fourth game based on the Anime performance? who knows..

regardless, i am still excited for whatever comes out of this relationship. actually since 2003 i was looking forward to another console centric IP from Yu Suzuki other than Shenmue, it was a dream of mine since then.
but if we end up getting both projects fully funded i would be crying of joy.
It's good to see someone who keeping their hopes and expectations in check. We do not know if it's Shenmue 4. Yes it's exciting to think it is but I don't wanna even think how disappointing it will be if it's not. Maybe it's two projects like you said. We just don't know what.

In the last episode of the anime we can see a big hint for Shenmue IV.

Wong.jpg

Wong appeared selling banana. THIS MAKES SENSE, SHENMUUUUUUUUUUUUUE IV CONFIRMED. I can feel that this is a hint for the big apple and banana announcement... ;)🍌🍎

Just kidding about this, i don't think this is a hint for Shenmue IV.

All i know is that at this point i just need to know if 110 Industries is really working in a Shenmue project with Yu Suzuki or not, what is this big announcement of 110 Industries, and this way to finally have the answer we are looking for, if this is a Shenmue project or not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back