Recent content by thealx

1. thealx

Shenmue I - Fontdef and Subs

DDS header, provided in translations topic, works fine in any case (even when original texture size is smaller than header parameters). Remember, that language pack contain 19 textures and 1 font definition file, which should be parsed different way, it's not an image.
  2. thealx

[RELEASE] Shenmue Audio Restoration Project - Shenmue English & Japanese Dub - Shenmue II English

Hi, Dewey! I have a question not about mod itself, but voice files replacement techniques. I am helping (or trying at least) people around the world with subtitles translation and changing fonts, but lately Russian fans asked to help them to integrate voice translation in the game. Source -...
  3. thealx

Subtitles Localization

In 1.06 some strings was changed and added, but format stays the same. Probable solution will be add missing strings (lines may be different if you have made it already): 1. On line 701 (between UIHELPMARK and UIHELPSNE2) add "UIHELPCCNV","","%[Conversation]%%If Ryo is able to converse...
  4. thealx

Subtitles Localization

Sounds like a big problem. I am quite busy at the moment, I'll try new version myself in several days and maybe give you some solution for the issue.
  5. thealx

Subtitles Localization

Because of mipmaps maybe. Try that:
  6. thealx

Subtitles Localization

Looks pretty good for me. You can add black background temporarily to make editing simpler. File in your example - characters shades, not character themselves. You have to replace symbols in both files (for subtitles font) in same positions, but you can't control paddings from texture so it can...
  7. thealx

Subtitles Localization

You did right thing, but you need to replace all 20 "fontdef" files (which are fonts), maybe you missed some (especially first one). To identify right font pack you can convert one of the fontdef files (2nd for example, which is dialogs font) into DDS and check which language it is visually in...
  8. thealx

Mod Tool Request: PKF Texture Editor (IPAC Browser Update?)

can you share QuickBMS script? after looking into PKF binary I think that PAKF section has different structure compare to IPAC. even if I add "PAKF" header in the code, it doesn't show TEXN or PVRT files, so I need to add another logic for this type of package.
  9. thealx

Mod Tool Request: PKF Texture Editor (IPAC Browser Update?)

thanks for details about issue. do you think shop signs stored in PKF as well? we need to translate some of them, but can't find textures anywhere. I have configured delphi compiler to make some changes in subtitles editor script, so I can try to fix IPAC browser as well, or at least get a clue...
  10. thealx

Subtitles Localization

It happen sometimes after several conversions at row (like utf8 code convert to utf8 again). I guess you should use HEX editor to replace bytes of the ";รต " on A1F5
  11. thealx

Subtitles Localization

Sorry, can't see obvious reason for your problem. You have to check: 1. sub file is updated (check the date) 2. updated sub file is copied to the _common_ folder 3. tad/tac files updated as well after you press "save" in ShenmueHDTools 4. you have copied these tad/tac files in game folder I...
  12. thealx

Subtitles Localization

ShenmueHDTools is the one you need. When you press "save", are TAC/TAD files being updated (you can check edit time)? If files updating properly, you can't see any changes in the game, or texts looks wrong?
  13. thealx

Subtitles Localization

That is good catch! Will check it tomorrow, thanks for sharing. btw, order of fonts are always the same - so it will be easier to say #1 main conversation ... #19 Notebook
  14. thealx

Shenmue I & II Mod Database

Just finished Subtitles Localization tool, please add it to the list. Thanks.
  15. thealx

Subtitles Localization

in v1.01 - common_5b7cb601/3
Back