Recent content by That Guy.

1. That Guy.

Games Similar to Shenmue??

There is no game like Shenmue unfortunately but there are games with similar vibes at least. All I can think of is Syberia, Dreamfall: The Longest Journey, and the sequel to that, Dreamfall: Chapters. Looking into the 3D adventure genre might be helpful. The first two games I mentioned will...
  2. That Guy.

Story Centric Shenmue

I would honestly buy 4 if that is the plot. Someone make this guy above me, the head writer for the next game though I'm not sure if a 5 is going to be realistic and secondly, Zu Yuanda being kidnapped by the chiyoumen would have to be explained if he is the big boss the whole time along with...
  3. That Guy.

Embracer Q3 Report Presentation @ 9AM CET (3AM EST) 19-2-2020/2-19-2020

Wow people in the comment sections of those articles are so ignorant and bitter especially over the epic deal plus the lack of ports as ports cost time and money which would mean more delays they could not afford. Many have no clue that Yu Suzuki did approach Microsoft and they were not...
  4. That Guy.

Someone please upload this elsewhere (Shenmue 1 Undub by Kogami)

If you have a disc emulator like gdemu or usb-gdrom you can play gdi files on a real dreamcast as well. I also think it will be legally fine if their just the patches only though
  5. That Guy.

So how doese shenmue 3 make you feel about the franchise in general

That makes sense then if you do consider that 2 was going to likely be the last game at the time. I mean the rest of your points do make sense. Then again after the way 3 played out, I'm just weary right now of it being better for the next game as no one really knows how things will be handled...
  6. That Guy.

9 I'm talking about how the ending in the cave being re-edited involve the sword and the mirrors which is apart of this. That one scene that mystified (no pun intended) everyone who played this game where Shenhua did something to that thug seems like this was another toning down of the...
  7. That Guy.

Truth be told, Shenmue III has almost killed my interest in the franchise. The story retcons along with toning down any mysticism surrounding it because people cried about it (they should be happy about this) and lack of overall story. The retcons had spoiled the story for me at the moment...
  8. That Guy.

Games you kinda dislike that everyone else loves...?

I agree with this. I feel like that people were just thirsty for a 2D sonic game that was made like this since the sonic fanbase for a long time hadn't gotten anything like it after Sega's golden era ended. I felt like I was playing a budgeted romhack that morphed into something that had remixed...
  9. That Guy.

Shenmue 3 The Witcher 3 Geralt Mod

Strange coincidence as I started to play Witcher 3 a few days ago. Seeing him catch ducks was something though.
  10. That Guy.

So if yu gets to old before he can complete the saga

Imagine the crazy plot twists the game will have if that were to happen!
  11. That Guy.

Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

I'm worried about the fact that this will have to be on nextgen consoles which would mean they might have to start all over again with a new engine unless I'm wrong or they make the base game a high end PC version that can be ported to them, but I'm not sure how Unreal 4 will play into those...
  12. That Guy.

Niaowu's relevance to the plot

I personally wondered how they found out Ryo even had the mirror unless Chai finally said something to someone. Wait a moment, Chai, no longer even seemed to remember that Ryo even had the mirror in the first place!!!
  13. That Guy.

Shenmue 3 Funniest Moments

I think the village has a shortage of "young" men like him which is why this this is going on. Not enough "ripe" males to go around I guess.
  14. That Guy.

Lan Di’s voice was perfect for the Sephiroth lookalike

Yeah. I thought Lan Di sounded fine, but he just need to sound deeper and it would have worked. Without that deepness it sounds like a villain from a spy movie sort of.
  15. That Guy.

Nozomi aweful voice acting.

Yeah, I thought "My Friend," was odd sounding. I thought for a minute there, whoever, would suddenly recognize Ryo after saying that as if they're so close.
Back