Recent content by sheeponfire

1. sheeponfire

SPOILERS - SHENMUE THE ANIMATION EPISODE 13 "SHENMUE" THREAD

Going to post before I read the comments, I get the feeling I'll be repeating some things but here goes. Overall much like S3 I appreciate the love that's gone into the anime. A lot of heart goes into these projects. Unfortunately, again like S3, it's stuck to time constraints/budget and the...
  2. sheeponfire

SPOILERS Shenmue The Animation Episode 6 "Dignified" Thread

Ryo's duck is actually the mastermind behind the Chi You Men.
  3. sheeponfire

SPOILERS Shenmue The Animation Episode 6 "Dignified" Thread

That was awesome! All the main characters got an introduction, even Ren right at the very end. Joy looks great but Xiuying looks absolutely gorgeous.
  4. sheeponfire

The ending of Shenmue

The big thing though is the photograph showing them laughing together, best buds. I can't see what would drive Iwao to intentionally kill Zhao.
  5. sheeponfire

SPOILERS Shenmue The Animation Episode 3: Yin - Yang Thread

Likewise. I just hope we get something at the end to tell us something new about the story, but I suspect it'll end as it did in the game.
  6. sheeponfire

SPOILERS Shenmue The Animation Episode 3: Yin - Yang Thread

The Chen-underworld link makes me think Iwao Hazuki is maybe not quite the innocent guy I thought he was. May have blood on his hands. The pacing is insanely quick, we must only have one episode left before Ryo heads off to Hong Kong.
  7. sheeponfire

The ending of Shenmue

My money is on we'll eventually find out that Lan Di's father was accidently killed or even sacrificed himself to save Iwao. Lan Di will then realise he killed Ryo's dad for nothing so didn't avenge anything. Ryo will learn from that, have the chance to kill Lan Di, but decide not to. Who knows...
  8. sheeponfire

SPOILERS Shenmue The Animation: Episode 2 - Daybreak - Thread

I'm really enjoying it so far, as always with Shenmue a lot of time, effort and love has gone into this show. I just hope that, overall, it's enough to entice a new group of fans, because that is probably what's going to decide whether or not we get a new game or continuation of the story via...
  9. sheeponfire

General Impressions

I think his point is that they are fast-tracked into key allies at the 11th hour of the game when, bar a few interactions, you don't really get much development with them. This is in stark contrast to the end of S2 when you're storming the Yellowhead Building with Ren and Wong and save Joy later...
  10. sheeponfire

Why the story in Shenmue 3 is good/Why the story in Shenmue 3 is bad

So it's been about a month since I beat S3 and I still largely feel the same as I did days after finishing it. I still believe the biggest flaw is the severe lack of a main villain. That should have been Niao Sun's role, but it just didn't happen. I don't necessarily even mean we had to see her...
  11. sheeponfire

How did Shenhua get the Bailu thug boss Yongling to talk?

It seemed to take a sinister turn, no doubt ties in with the mystical side of Shenhua.
  12. sheeponfire

IGN Discusses why Shenmue 3’s ending is a big disappointment

I overall agree with you. I don't think the ending is as bad as it's made out to be, particularly as I've had nearly a week now to digest it and get over the initial disappointment. Niao Sun handling aside I like how Lan Di was dealt with and the Phoenix mirror angle is very interesting. My...
  13. sheeponfire

What do you rate the game (1-10)?

Nor did I until I finished the game. Imagine though, you're advertising your product to the public, you portray your villain as this colourful, seductive siren of doom, and... she just appears at the end for afew cutscenes and that's it. A lot of people will feel conned by that. It would be...
  14. sheeponfire

Ren should of died - S3 needed a dramatic plot twist

I'd say Ren to some extent carried the story in Shenmue 3. He's the perfect foil to our stern, dour protagonist. I suspect as the story progresses (hopefully!) they'll form a mutual respect for each other and both will experience character development as a result. Re Niao Sun, I don't doubt...
  15. sheeponfire

What do you rate the game (1-10)?

A 9.5 that dropped to a 7 after the castle. To build up Niao Sun in the trailer, of which the footage comes from her only appearances in the game, and rely on nameless goons and thugs to act as the baddies instead, is insane.
Back