Recent content by Riverspoke

1. Riverspoke

Random Thoughts

Scientists make human brain cells learn how to play Pong :D
  2. Riverspoke

What is everyone's favourite generation for gaming?

As for retro generations, I started from SNES, but I think my favorite is the Dreamcast and GameCube generation. It was a big and exciting leap from the previous generations. However, my all-time favorite era is today. We are living in the golden age of indie gaming. The freedom of developers...
  3. Riverspoke

Mental Health Dojo

Social media is toxic. It's best not to expose our personal lives there, because rude strangers can pick them apart. If they keep pissing you off, turning your profile private, or at least making personal posts visible only to friends might be a good idea. Your weight loss is mighty impressive...
  4. Riverspoke

Did the 18-year wait damage the Shenmue Series?

Ah yes, my bad. I meant the engine used in Yakuza 0 and Kiwami 1. The style would really suit Shenmue 3 in my opinion. I highly recommend starting from Yakuza 0. You can find both 0 and Kiwami on Steam at 5 euros/dollars during a sale, which Sega does multiple times a year ;)
  5. Riverspoke

Did the 18-year wait damage the Shenmue Series?

Fair points and I largely agree. Having experienced both Shenmue 1 and 2 since they came out on Dreamcast, is both a blessing and a curse. Unfortunately, the long wait had a tremendously negative impact on the game. Both for how the game would fare for long-time fans' expectations and for how it...
Back