Recent content by GeordieBoySteve

1. GeordieBoySteve

S3 Dreamcast/Xbox

All they to do in 3 was have Ryo ask Shenhua about it - with Shenhua acting confused as if she never saw it and it never happened. Ryo wouldn't mention it again.
  2. GeordieBoySteve

Things S3 did better than 1 and 2

I think the stamina system is a conscious choice to force players to be accountable for the decisions they make. There are solutions to it and its up to the player to problem solve based on their playstyle. Players should be training everyday in keeping with Wude so I kind of like that it is...
  3. GeordieBoySteve

What is your least favourite part in both games?

Shenmue The harbour sections after work - waiting around for events. Shenmue II Beating the Martial Artists to impress the scout - they could've just asked us to pick one or had a martial arts tournament.
  4. GeordieBoySteve

What happened to Zhao Sun Ming?

A mysterious death suggest he was poisoned. It's possible Iwao found him dead and then took the mirrors for safekeeping through Yuanda Zhu. Iwao's presence isn't really expected in Meng Cun as he is a tag along from Sunming's trip around China so it might explain why he's been able to hide under...
  5. GeordieBoySteve

How I Would "Fix" Shenmue 3's Story

I think the Li Feng/Niao-sun element is to represent yin/yang. As Li Feng, she is benevolent - soft, kind and considerate. This is why most of her scenes are with small children to show her as a caring and motherly figure. As Niao-sun, she is manipulative, calculated and deadly.
  6. GeordieBoySteve

The ending of Shenmue

Zhu had a plan! I think Yuanda Zhu will be revealed as the person who told the lie to Lan Di that Iwao was responsible for Zhao's death. Zhu manipulated Lan Di in the knowledge that he'd kill Iwao without a thought and by doing so, the location of the Phoenix Mirror would die with him and this...
  7. GeordieBoySteve

Thoughts On Shenmue 3 Antagonists?

I feel the same but I think it is a very fine balancing act. Have her appear enough to make the player question her importance, but not too much so that they put two and two together. I was expecting her to have some back story about why she was in Niaowu - maybe Ryo could have helped her with...
  8. GeordieBoySteve

Questions about S3 after beating it!

I got the impression that this was the path used by the thugs to enter the village without anyone noticing.
  9. GeordieBoySteve

Did Deep Silver Do Shenmue III Justice?

Difficult. I think we got a better Shenmue 3 in lots of ways because of them, but we don't know what pressure was put on YsNet to ship the game which could have harmed the final product. I think shipping in November was the wrong move. As DS got 100% of the Epic deal, maybe they got their...
  10. GeordieBoySteve

What have we learned so far...?

Yu has said Shenmue 3 is chapter 4. I assume this doesn't include Baisha.
  11. GeordieBoySteve

How do you feel about the rewards distribution?

No rush. This was my first ever Kickstarter and I was made aware that reward distribution can take time. I did expect it all to come BY release, but YsNet have kept us updated so I'm not in any rush. It will all stayed sealed anyways. I got the game on the platform I wanted on day one and that...
  12. GeordieBoySteve

Is Niaowu Now Complete?

As an area, I love Niaowu. I still find the environments stunning and I've gotten lost in the activities for hours. Something I never did in Shenmue 1/2. Story wise, I feel Niaowu could have benefited from some extra scenarios to flesh out some of the relationships. A few more encounters with...
  13. GeordieBoySteve

How to make the combat better in Shenmue 4?

Knowledge should equal power. Learning new scrolls and their use in combat should gain Ryo a tactical advantage over his opponents. Endurance and attack power would still be relevant. Example Thugs Have very little/no martial arts training. Ryo can defeat these quite easily but they are...
  14. GeordieBoySteve

I have a small story idea for Shenmue IV...

I'm expecting it to be about the reincarnation of a person of great importance.
  15. GeordieBoySteve

Shenmue's Dragon and Its Connection to Tianlong and Tentei

Very cool! Got me thinking. Sorry for rambling. I've always thought the 'Dragon emerging from the Earth' and the 'Phoenix descending from Heaven' related to the human/afterlife and the merging of the two separate worlds that require each other to co-exist/yin yang. The Buddhist theme of...
Back