Recent content by arh

1. A

Sega is bringing back Alex Kidd by licensing out the IP

I loved Alex Kidd when I was growing up – didn't end up beating the game until fairly recently (using an emulator and copious use of save states), so I'm super hyped for this. Hope the modern mode has some save states or similar.. but also glad that the classic mode is there as well. I'll be...
  2. A

Lack of NPCs in Niaowu

Seems like a big/popular tourist spot to me. I’d have expected more NPCs walking around than we saw.
  3. A

Is the timing of the QTE's broken?

I thought it was just because I was getting old... But I thought Yu said something about how he wanted to make Shenmue 3 accessible for those without quick reactions - what I see is that, on “normal” difficulty, you need to be super fast for QTEs, and the button pushes required to get “great”...
  4. A

Choubu-Chan Discussion and Help Thread

Liquor heaven, the tomato convenience store and crazy dim sum are the last three for me, and I can’t find them anywhere :(
  5. A

PS4 framerate fix

Spare a thought for those of us with base PS4s...
  6. A

Playing without the patch

I’d just wait. It’s been 18 years already, do you really want to ruin the experience by paying a version that’s known to be outdated, and not what the team want?
  7. A

Random Shenmue Thoughts

Just finished another playthrough of 1 and 2. I had been wanting to play them again, but was considering holding off until 3 came out - in the end I couldn’t help myself, but now I’m definitely not touching them until a week or two before 3 comes out. (Then it’s obviously a marathon going...
  8. A

Reuben Kee's "Shenmue Reflections" during the credits

Hi all, I remembered seeing an old thread on the old dojo forums where someone suggested the idea of having the audio of Reuben Kee's excellent "Shenmue Reflections" during the credits of the third game, kind of as a memorial for all of the fans that we've lost during the long wait for the...
  9. A

How old are you?

29, and been on here since 2002ish (but lurking before then)
  10. A

Version 1.02 for PS4 is Live - Release Notes

I actually quite liked the warmth of the rerelease (aside from things being too dark at times) - has this been changed, or do you just mean the brightness?
  11. A

Version 1.02 for PS4 is Live - Release Notes

+1, not having this was actually an improvement over the Xbox version. I doubt d3t will remove it now that they spent the time adding it back in though. :(
  12. A

Yuanda zhu -spoiler-

I struggled to lock on too. Particularly annoying because I couldn’t remember where all the keys were, but highly suspected there’d be one there, and it wouldn’t let me lock on. I exhausted every possible space before going to a walkthrough and realising that I was right, and that I just needed...
  13. A

What are you playing?

Recently finished Shenmue 1 and 2, and Yakuza Kiwami. Recently started Bioshock (probably about half way through that now), but I’ve also been playing Tekken 7.
  14. A

Recent Gaming Purchases

Nice one! Is that a full sized Hori stick or a cheaper one? My alpha stick arrived DOA, so I sent it back. Was thinking of ordering a different one (Hori fight stick mini?) but the Internet seems to suggest that the budget ones are all bad and not worth the money. At first I thought this was...
  15. A

Shenmue HD reviews and discussion

Yes. I wish people would really cool it on the d3t hate, calling them incompetent or inexperienced etc. We all want a patch, and we all wish the game had been released in a perfect state, but a small number on here seem to delight in giving d3t a hard time, over and above what is justified imo...
Back