Kickstarter Update #102 - PC Gaming Show Update: New Trailer & Epic Games Store Exclusive for PC Version!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just worried about if there will, one day, exist a full on-disc game.
(the old gamer in me do not feel like having a digital only game.)

For now, I will just wait more to get a physical copy.
(Because, buying a physical item just to get a download key feels odd.)

And people don’t usually get their kickstarter items on day one so you might as well just buy digitally anyways rather than wait.

To be fair, i still think backers should get steam keys on day 1 and gamers who didnt back the kickstarter would have to wait until the exclusive deal is finished to buy a steam version. That's the only logical and salvageable way out of this, right?

Generally how long are we talking (if this is the case) for timed titles? 3? 6? 12 months?

Metro Exodus will be available on Steam 12 months after the release on the Epic Store.
of course we dont know what deal they have for Shenmue 3.

If the people who wanted steam keys get them in time for release, but the game won't officially go on sale on steam until the Epic timed exclusivity deal has expired, would that be okay?

(edited because it sounded like I was talking down to people)

Last edited:
If they end up making this timed exclusive they have bungled this. That’s all they had to say! Instead today had been stressful worrying about the future of Shenmue. I need a nap.
As much as I love this franchise and I know that I would love this entry the only real thing during the whole devolpment is that PR has been a disaster, they have that awesome moment at E3 4 years ago but since then they haven't manage to get communication right. I understand that if it is a timed exclusive they will not say it because the deal with Epic must be "say that this is exclusive", but there ir better ways to communicate stuff. Same thing with the trailers, so far my favourite one is the leaked one from Walmart :/

To be fair, i still think backers should get steam keys on day 1 and gamers who didnt back the kickstarter would have to wait until the exclusive deal is finished to buy a steam version. That's the only logical and salvageable way out of this, right?

Yes that’s the only way out.

Whatever you want to say about this matter the current communication issues are ridiculous and sketchy.

From Kickstarter:

This is just great. The developer refers to the publisher for any questions.

The publisher refers to the developer for any questions.

If anyone manages to get any info on how one can apply for a refund, please do share.

Really doubt it. The game needs 100 GB space. It would need a double layer Blu Ray disc. Almost no PC Gamer has a blu ray drive.

The consoles Sales might be enough to make the game a sucess and do not forgeet the game is published in China as well. If chinese Gamers like it it could support the game a lot.

When steam was new i was the enemey of most pc Gamers, and also used not very nice tactics to get into the market. Everbody hated it, and now it is the holy grail in gaming, and everbody hates on the Epic store. Although the Epic store is just a competitor to Steam.

Let's stay calm and wait and see what is happening. If the game is good every gamer should support it and not buy it because it is not your favourite Plattform. That is a childish behavior. You should Play games and not brand names.
10000% right

This has been posted on resetera and kickstarter comments :mad:?:
vsRGAQ5_d.jpg

Just saw they are refusing refunds. This is going to get VERY ugly.

Oh man ... I'm so sorry for those of you burned by this. I love Shenmue, but this puts it into a really bad place.

Look for mass credit card companies just snatching the funds back anyway. Backers will just call them to take it back.

Just saw they are refusing refunds. This is going to get VERY ugly.

Oh man ... I'm so sorry for those of you burned by this. I love Shenmue, but this puts it into a really bad place.

Look for mass credit card companies just snatching the funds back anyway. Backers will just call them to take it back.
Doubtful. It has been years since they took the monies.

This has been posted on resetera and kickstarter comments :mad:?:
vsRGAQ5_d.jpg

Big yikes. I'm one of the people who don't mind it going to Epic but this is a nasty burn towards those who want a refund. It puts YsNet in a bad light and that hurts to type. Still think this is all Deep Silver though.

Given that it was the fans that paid for this game to be made, I really do think there should have been some sort of consultation before a decision like this was made. From a legal point of view, it will be interesting to see where things stand. It’s going to end badly one way or another.

Yea, I've said before I'm not as invested in this issue as others, but I do feel bad for those who are, and wish it was handled better.

On the whole Steam/day one issue, is it not going to be the case that Steam backers will indeed get their reward as intended on day one, but the game will not be able to be bought on Steam until the Epic exclusivity is up? Is that wrong, a possibility, or just me being nieve as an outsider looking in on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back