Shenmue 3 collectors edition differences

Ray

Hey peeps, I'm new here, so Hi to everyone.

I have a question about the shenmue 3 collectors edition.

Limited Run Games has a shenmue 3 collectors edition with a dreamcast case. In the EU we have the same collectors edition,but without the dreamcast case.

I read articles saying that there are 5000 of these collectors editions...,and that they are also numbered.

My question: Is the EU version of the collectors edition also included in this "5000 limitation"? Or is the 5000 limitation only meant only meant for the limited Run Games version of the collectors edition?

I know that Limited Run Games had It's own unique idea with the dreamcast case, and they got it licenced with permission to include it in the collectors edition. But what about the nummering of the collectors editions on some foil? I didn't read that they asked permission for that. And yet I read that the collectors edition are going to be numbered. Which would mean that the nummering will also be in the EU version. And If the EU version is numbered, that would also mean It's limited right?Also the thing about the "5000 limitation" was already announced back in june, when no dreamcast case was involved /mentioned. So that's why Im a bit confused.

I don't have a Twitter account to ask the question directly to the owner of limited Run Games, so that's why I'm asking here. If someone can anwser me about the above, than that would be great. If you do,please make sure you know for a 100 % fact that things are as you say. In a lot of fora people say: I "think" this or it "might" be that etc...I can't do anything with those. I need to know for a fact. If someone could ask the owner of Limited Run Games directly, that would be great to.Thanks in advance. And my we all kick some Lan Di aszz!

Last edited:
Hey peeps, I'm new here, so Hi to everyone.

I have a question about the shenmue 3 collectors edition.

Limited Run Games has a shenmue 3 collectors edition with a dreamcast case. In the EU we have the same collectors edition,but without the dreamcast case.

I read articles saying that there are 5000 of these collectors editions...,and that they are also numbered.

My question: Is the EU version of the collectors edition also included in this "5000 limitation"? Or is the 5000 limitation only meant only meant for the limited Run Games version of the collectors edition?

I know that Limited Run Games had It's own unique idea with the dreamcast case, and they got it licenced with permission to include it in the collectors edition. But what about the nummering of the collectors editions on some foil? I didn't read that they asked permission for that. And yet I read that the collectors edition are going to be numbered. Which would mean that the nummering will also be in the EU version. And If the EU version is numbered, that would also mean It's limited right?Also the thing about the "5000 limitation" was already announced back in june, when no dreamcast case was involved /mentioned. So that's why Im a bit confused.

I don't have a Twitter account to ask the question directly to the owner of limited Run Games, so that's why I'm asking here. If someone can anwser me about the above, than that would be great. If you do,please make sure you know for a 100 % fact that things are as you say. In a lot of fora people say: I "think" this or it "might" be that etc...I can't do anything with those. I need to know for a fact. If someone could ask the owner of Limited Run Games directly, that would be great to.Thanks in advance. And my we all kick some Lan Di aszz!
Hello and welcome :) good to have you here.

The LRG edition of 5000 is the only ones that have a limit, DC case and trading card. The rest of the items are the same as the EU edition, so the game, patches, light box, mirror.

Theres no set limit on those as such, only the stock limits retailers have. If you want to get one we've got a topic for where to buy the collectors editions which is updated by staff regularly.

2 months away now!

Hello and welcome :) good to have you here.

The LRG edition of 5000 is the only ones that have a limit, DC case and trading card. The rest of the items are the same as the EU edition, so the game, patches, light box, mirror.

Theres no set limit on those as such, only the stock limits retailers have. If you want to get one we've got a topic for where to buy the collectors editions which is updated by staff regularly.

2 months away now!

Thanks for replying :)

So the LRG version is limited I guess. But what about the articles that said that the editions will be numbered on an extra high gloss individually numbered foil embossed slipcover? The numbered slipcover is not an exclusive item for the LRG version right? Because LRG added the extra card + DC case. But the numbered slipcover isn't mentioned as an LRG exclusive to my knowledge. And then...If It's not an exclusive to LRG, that would mean that the "regular" versions would also have the numbered slipcover..., and If they do, that would make them limited as wel right? Maybe not 5000...but still.

This is what has me confused. Because LRG claims that only the DC case+ trading card are added exclusives. The rest of the items are just like the base collectors editions. Wouldn't that mean that the high gloss numbered slipcover should also be in the base collectors edition, since It's not exclusive to the LRG version?

I think the numbered slipcase is exclusive to LRG, but I don't remember where I read it or if I'm just getting mixed up.

That's the thing. I read everywhere that LRG only claim exclusivity on the DC case and the the trading card. But indeed, maybe they also mean the slipcover, but they don't say it.

And also the decision that the 1000 planned pc versions got added to the ps4 version,which made it 5000 for the ps4... That can't be a decision of LRG right? That must be a decision of Deep Silver. And If Deep Silver cancels "the 1000" for the pc and adds them to "the 4000" of the ps4, than that sounds like Deep Silver itself is saying that there are only 5000 collectors editions (which would mean the base version). It can't be limited Run Games who canceled the (1000) pc versions.

That's the thing. I read everywhere that LRG only claim exclusivity on the DC case and the the trading card. But indeed, maybe they also mean the slipcover, but they don't say it.

And also the decision that the 1000 planned pc versions got added to the ps4 version,which made it 5000 for the ps4... That can't be a decision of LRG right? That must be a decision of Deep Silver. And If Deep Silver cancels "the 1000" for the pc and adds them to "the 4000" of the ps4, than that sounds like Deep Silver itself is saying that there are only 5000 collectors editions (which would mean the base version). It can't be limited Run Games who canceled the (1000) pc versions.
I think the numbering on the foil embossed case is exclusive to LRG as well. I'm pretty sure it is.

Only the LRG version has the DC case, and It's my understanding the CE is limited to 5000 ingenal, they aren't treated as separate CEs(It's just LRG gives you a DC case as a amazing bonus). Considering the clusterfuck that is EU(like half a dozen retailers are selling the CE), it must be a nightmare to have organized a world wide CE release, but that is what seems to be the case.

Only the LRG version has the DC case, and It's my understanding the CE is limited to 5000 ingenal, they aren't treated as separate CEs(It's just LRG gives you a DC case as a amazing bonus). Considering the clusterfuck that is EU(like half a dozen retailers are selling the CE), it must be a nightmare to have organized a world wide CE release, but that is what seems to be the case.

So your saying that the base collectors edition by deep Silver, should be 5000 pieces right? And It's just that LRG ads the amazing DC case + trading card to it. BUT the base collectors edition should still be 5000 pieces made,correct?

So your saying that the base collectors edition by deep Silver, should be 5000 pieces right? And It's just that LRG ads the amazing DC case + trading card to it. BUT the base collectors edition should still be 5000 pieces made,correct?

Yea, all CEs should be part of the same limited numbered print run.

LRG's edition is limited to 5,000. That's just North America. We don't know how many are being released in other regions or what the figure is overall worldwide.

Ray, I don't know if this is going to factor into your considerations, but you do know the LRG edition sold out in ~41 minutes, right?

the normal EU PS4 CE has nothing to do with the Limited Games version.
you can still find and buy the EU PS4 CE in normal online shops
which would be impossible if it would be limited to 5000 copies. the EU CE was #1 a couple of days
or even weeks in different Amazon regions so they cant be limited to 5000 copies. they have way more.
NA has no own CE, they only have the CE from Limited Run which is limited to 5000 PS4 copies.
without Limited Run games there would be no CE in NA.

the normal EU PS4 CE has nothing to do with the Limited Games version.
you can still find and buy the EU PS4 CE in normal online shops
which would be impossible if it would be limited to 5000 copies. the EU CE was #1 a couple of days
or even weeks in different Amazon regions so they cant be limited to 5000 copies. they have way more.
NA has no own CE, they only have the CE from Limited Run which is limited to 5000 PS4 copies.
without Limited Run games there would be no CE in NA.
Was in the middle of typing this. The LRG is the only version that is limited to 5000 PS4 copies. The other Collectors editions (without the Dreamcast case and limited number print) are being sold at most retailers in the UK (although they are getting sold out). They are not limited to 5000 units, but we don't know the actually number. It's just like any other games collectors edition from Deep Silver (aka Persona 5 Take your Heart Edition etc).

Was in the middle of typing this. The LRG is the only version that is limited to 5000 PS4 copies. The other Collectors editions (without the Dreamcast case and limited number print) are being sold at most retailers in the UK (although they are getting sold out). They are not limited to 5000 units, but we don't know the actually number. It's just like any other games collectors edition from Deep Silver (aka Persona 5 Take your Heart Edition etc).

Are you sure about that, that's none of the other CEs have numbered boxes? Is so that explains why It's being called CE, and not a LE, but I figured that was a decision by Deep Silver, for PR reasons, since they are all called CEs.

Usually CEs, and LEs of a given game are completely different, so this would be weird, if it is the case.

The physical PC version was cancelled across the board (presumably by Deep Silver), although it does remain for KS backers.
It is still available for preorder in some countries, it is probably cancel but it make no sense to allow you to preorder it for example from Amazon Spain. The situation is not clear but nothing is official except for the KS having a version for sure

Back