Yakuza Titles

Recently beat Kiwami 2 only thing left is Majima Construction. I don't think I'll finish it cause its a style of gameplay I'm not fond of. The last 3 bouncer missions nearly broke me f$%@ the Amon bros for life. Definitely enjoying the Yakuza series so far, Yakuza 0-Kiwami 2 complete.

Currently playing Yakuza 3 with 30 hours in the clock right now. Not sure how to feel about this one. I do like it cause its more Yakuza with all the elements we know and love but the combat is not that enjoyable and the story is boring and slow. This entry kinda feels like Yakuza Simulator. Overall its good just my least favorite entry of the series so far.
Can't believe we lost Rikiya so soon. One of my favorite characters so far in the series was looking forward to seeing more but it wasn't meant to be.
From a new fans perspective I'm happy that Sega has gone back and remade some of these entries of Yakuza. The original Yakuza may have been a little to basic for me to get into had they just done remasters imo. I just hope the new look of Yakuza doesn't turn off the seasoned Yakuza community.

This is why I’d LOVE to see a Kiwami 3. Despite my love for the original, it seems to be the least popular entry in the series.

Especially if RGG Studio seems to be moving the series forward with RPG-style gameplay, then I don’t see why “Kiwaming “ Y3-Y5 couldn’t be an option. Sure, we got Gaiden coming up, and who knows what’s going on with the future of the Judgement series. But I’d be sad to see the original mainline entries get left behind with dated technology (even though I love the remasters). What would they have to lose?

That said, I have been a little put off by their recent output. Catering to newer fans is totally fine, but it seems because of that new-found popularity they’re done addressing gameplay issues that have been around since day one. Another reason why I’d like to see (at the very least) Y3 get a Kiwami remake.

This is why I’d LOVE to see a Kiwami 3. Despite my love for the original, it seems to be the least popular entry in the series.

Especially if RGG Studio seems to be moving the series forward with RPG-style gameplay, then I don’t see why “Kiwaming “ Y3-Y5 couldn’t be an option. Sure, we got Gaiden coming up, and who knows what’s going on with the future of the Judgement series. But I’d be sad to see the original mainline entries get left behind with dated technology (even though I love the remasters). What would they have to lose?

That said, I have been a little put off by their recent output. Catering to newer fans is totally fine, but it seems because of that new-found popularity they’re done addressing gameplay issues that have been around since day one. Another reason why I’d like to see (at the very least) Y3 get a Kiwami remake.

In the West*

In Japan, it is easily one of the 5 most-popular, especially if we're going off of sales.

Just thought about something, I wasn't a huge fan of Nishikiyama being the bad guy of Kiwami 1 because of the relationship dynamic of him and Kiryu in Yakuza 0. There was no Yakuza 0 when Yakuza series first started so Nishikiyama was always gonna be the baddie. Yakuza 0 was just for back story.

It's still my favourite game in the series and I'm not sure if it would be dethroned: I watched Sonatine and fell in love with how Okinawa looked, but then I played 3 and was convinced: when my wife and I went to Japan, Okinawa was a must-stop, due to those two pieces of aforementioned media.

Ended up being my 2nd favourite place in Japan and my wife's favourite.

Awww shit I never thought about that, but yeah Ren Osugi’s character from Sonatine wears a shirt like that. I think the other characters actually make fun of him for wearing it.

And imagine Okinawa in the Dragon Engine. Just throwing that out there 😂

I actually bought a similar (but you can tell it's completely different: not THAT similar) Karyushi shirt when I was in Okinawa (and the story about it, hoo boy lol) and I still wear it to this day: have gotten a ton of compliments on it.

Currently playing and enjoying Yakuza 4. You would think that these Yakuza titles would become boring and repetitive but they always find a way for these games to feel familiar and fresh at the same time. I like the additions of the Underground mall and rooftop sections. Akiyama is very interesting character with depth, I also enjoy his combat moves. Currently playing as Saejima. I like everything about this guy. Risked it all just to see his boss become the top guy just to return and find him now reduced to a homeless babbling shell of himself. The honor and principles of some of these characters is inspiring. I'm glad it's been explained why Goro left Saejima hanging.

Sega deserves much credit for developing these characters and storylines top notch writing. It's like watching a adrenaline gangster filled masculine soap opera with a twist of emotion. Glad to see these characters have reputations and purpose in the universe. Kiryu is a monster and its cool in the Yakuza universe all the other characters think so to. Saejima is this badass Yakuza that took down 18 men by himself and became a legend but now 25 years later he's this old relic mostly forgotten by his peers. These characters and storylines are very intriguing. The only negative about Yakuza 4 so far is I'm not a fan of Saejima fighting moveset. Lastly we need and deserve a solo Majima game.

Saejima is my second favourite character in the series and he is just written phenomenally, probably the best-written character in the series.

Undergound and rooftop were largely useless, IMO: the Kamurocho of the Dragon Engine is best, I feel. I always thought they were added as a test of sorts for Dead Souls areas (as they made a ton of use of the underground, among other things).

Back