spud1897

Administrator
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Destiny 2, Shenmue HD ;)
PSN
spud19870
Come in here to discuss all the Yakuza series titles.

I'm sorry to be that annoying guy complaining that he can't make a poll in the new board again... but I can't make a poll in this new board. 🙈

I'm sorry to be that annoying guy complaining that he can't make a poll in the new board again... but I can't make a poll in this new board. 🙈
Interesting. I'll take a look.

Should be fixed :)

Just finished Yakuza Kiwami overall it's a fun great game. There were 2 parts that infuriated me while playing: Dragon training against the Purgatory bums and the boss fight against Jingu. Both of these fights felt unfair and were off-putting. I don't mind hard boss fights but I hate cheap unfair mechanics. Hopefully Kiwami 2 fixes these issues.

Can't believe they made like 12 Yakuza games before I even played one. So glad to have this series in my life. Also the last boss encounters always feel fucking EPIC.

Sidenote: I can't believe they made Nishiki the bad guy, him and Kiryu were brothers. This honestly upset me, it'd be like finding out Alfred betrayed Bruce Wayne. Can any seasoned Yakuza players explain this in a better way?

I hope this the right place to ask. I am in capter 3 of Yakuza like a Dragon now and I am stuck somehow. Which items and weapons you need to enter the Seyru Clan hq? Do you need to just get the equipment for Kasuga or do you need to get Nanba and Adachi also some additional gear?

if so this is going to be very expensive. I hope the side quests will turn out to very proftiable. If not the farming will take some time.

I still love the game though. I already find Ichiban more relable than Kiryu. Kiryu will beat Ichiban in the coolness factor always but I like the personalty of Ichi way more.

It's a real game they have in Japan, apparently.

Sidenote: I can't believe they made Nishiki the bad guy, him and Kiryu were brothers. This honestly upset me, it'd be like finding out Alfred betrayed Bruce Wayne. Can any seasoned Yakuza players explain this in a better way?

Nishkiyama is a weak, pussy, little man. He was always a subordinate, always deferred to someone bigger, stronger, etc. His lashing out in 0 was the first time he did something ballsy and then when he killed Dojima in 1, instead of trying to atone and make things better, he went with it and turned into a complete asshole, even though he was still the weak, little man underneath it all.

An absolutely loathsome character and more-than deserved his fate. From the moment Kiryu went to save his bacon in 1, I didn't like the guy. **** him.

BTW, his betrayal is more like Robin betraying Batman; Kazama betraying Kiryu would be like Alfred betraying Bruce Wayne.

The writing in 1 was one of the only good things Seishu did for the series (though he was taking most of the direction and cues from Nagoshi; he did more of the filling in and, "writing," of the plot, rather than the major plot points); his writing of Nishkiyama was done exceptionally.

Nishkiyama is a weak, pussy, little man. He was always a subordinate, always deferred to someone bigger, stronger, etc. His lashing out in 0 was the first time he did something ballsy and then when he killed Dojima in 1, instead of trying to atone and make things better, he went with it and turned into a complete asshole, even though he was still the weak, little man underneath it all.

An absolutely loathsome character and more-than deserved his fate. From the moment Kiryu went to save his bacon in 1, I didn't like the guy. **** him.

BTW, his betrayal is more like Robin betraying Batman; Kazama betraying Kiryu would be like Alfred betraying Bruce Wayne.

The writing in 1 was one of the only good things Seishu did for the series (though he was taking most of the direction and cues from Nagoshi; he did more of the filling in and, "writing," of the plot, rather than the major plot points); his writing of Nishkiyama was done exceptionally.

Nishkiyama was very much second fiddle to Kiryu. I honestly didn't see this coming because in Yakuza 0 he was suppose to kill Kiryu but he was so conflicted so unable to make a decision he differed to Kiryu. As you pointed out Kiryu took the fall for a murder he didn't commit cause he probably understood Nishkiyama would not be able to bear that weight or survive.

One thing I can say is Nishkiyama isn't a weak man, thats very much apparent in his final conflict with Kiryu he's pretty badass when he embraces it. He chose to direct his energy and intentions in a negative way. I just didn't like the story arc of one day Nishkiyama went bad. It came out of nowhere no rhyme or reason behind it. It seems at the end Nishkiyama does make some kind of atonement by sacrificing himself to save others.

Nishkiyama was very much second fiddle to Kiryu. I honestly didn't see this coming because in Yakuza 0 he was suppose to kill Kiryu but he was so conflicted so unable to make a decision he differed to Kiryu. As you pointed out Kiryu took the fall for a murder he didn't commit cause he probably understood Nishkiyama would not be able to bear that weight or survive.

One thing I can say is Nishkiyama isn't a weak man, thats very much apparent in his final conflict with Kiryu he's pretty badass when he embraces it. He chose to direct his energy and intentions in a negative way. I just didn't like the story arc of one day Nishkiyama went bad. It came out of nowhere no rhyme or reason behind it. It seems at the end Nishkiyama does make some kind of atonement by sacrificing himself to save others.

That was his only ballsy, "manly," thing he did after he turned heel. He absolutely was a weak little shit still, throughout 1: when Kiryu is chased from the funeral, Nishkiyama just stands back and snickers, getting his men to do the dirty work, then he sends Shindo to do more dirty work, instead of getting his own hands in the mix and when his subordinates find the, "fake," Mizuki, he kills them in a panic and freaks the **** out (do you remember that scene?).

Not a badass at all, never was, never was going to be.

While playing Yakuza Kiwami 2 I ran into a substory where you have to win in mahjong. It kinda sucks cause I don't know how to play and not that interested right now. Long story short thank God for the peerless tile.🎰

I love mahjong and I learned it in 2015 (though I'm not the greatest at it), so I can do decently in the RGG games at it...

I finally cleared all of Haruka’s requests in Kiwami 2. Can’t remember the last time I cleared anything new in that game, and I play the shit out of it. I’ll probably never platinum the game though. Those last bouncer missions are a pain in my ass, and clearing all the Japanese card games don’t interest me.

I finally cleared all of Haruka’s requests in Kiwami 2. Can’t remember the last time I cleared anything new in that game, and I play the shit out of it. I’ll probably never platinum the game though. Those last bouncer missions are a pain in my ass, and clearing all the Japanese card games don’t interest me.

I hate those bouncer levels cause they won't let me use healing items. Im not proficient with combat.

I hate those bouncer levels cause they won't let me use healing items. Im not proficient with combat.

Thirded (I'm not the best either, despite how much I've played the games), but I was able to beat all the Bouncer missions; if you aren't the greatest with combat, then you need to be strategic with heat and when to press R2 to be in heat mode (or whatever it's called), when you run out of health, in order to extend the fight by a few seconds.

I know for the last one, I ran around for maybe 5 minutes total, in between attacking the Amons, just so I could get away and cut down on the mooks.

Back