Xiuying will appear again?

EgNgWD3XYAI-zjB.jpg

One of the most popular characters in Shenmue is Xiuying Hong, she is one of my favourites characters in the Shenmue World, today i want to share my opinion if Xiuying will appear again in the story.

THIS POST HAVE SPOILERS OF THE GAMES

In the final part of the Kowloon arc we see Ryo having one last conversation with Xiuying at Man Mo Temple before going to Guilin.

In this conversation Ryo got the move Demon's Triangle, a Bajiquan move, Xiuying gave this move for Ryo. Xiuying ask if Ryo is leaving, Ryo say yes, that Lan Di has left for Guilin, then she give her part of the pendant for Ryo and say she don't want Ryo to go to the same path as her brother, Ziming Hong, Ziming have the other part of the pendant.

Ryo say that he understand how her brother felt, that Xiuying understand as well, that Ziming must be alive somewhere, as well, after that Ryo do a bow for Xiuying and then Ryo leaves Hong Kong.

Xiuying don't appear in Shenmue III but when Ryo talk to Fangmei she say a little bit about Xiuying. Xiuying will come back in the story? in my opinion yes, i think Xiuying will come back maybe in Shenmue IV or Shenmue V, now i will share my reasons for think this way.

1. In the final chapter concept art we can see Xiuying near Shenhua, this didn't happen in the Shenmue games, but i think this will happen near the ending of the Shenmue story. I know that a lot of things changed since the VF RPG chapters concept arts, but the Shenmue games are a prove to me that Yu Suzuki didn't changed the main journey of Ryo and other things as well, this is one big reason for me to believe that Xiuying will come back in the story.

1659711192872.png

2. In the Hong Kong arc we saw Xiuying helping Ryo against Yuan without Ryo knowing about this, Xiuying really cares about Ryo.

3. Ryo Hazuki is one of the reasons in my opinion. In the Kowloon Arc Xiuying went to Kowloon without Ryo knowing about it, Xiuying saved Ryo when Dou Niu was going after him. In my opinion Xiuying went to Kowloon because she was worried about Ryo, about Ryo going to the same path as her brother Ziming Hong, so this was the reason she decided to follow Ryo in my opinion, Xiuying really cares about Ryo, to me this is one big reason that makes me think that Xiuying will come back in the story.

4. Ziming Hong is one big reason to me. In my opinion Xiuying don’t want to stay quiet anymore about what happen between her and Ziming, i think that in her heart she wants closure about this situation, if Ziming is alive or not, if she can save Ziming or not, so maybe in one part of the story she will decide to go after Ryo.

Xiuying know that Ryo went to Guilin so she have a clue about where is Ryo now, it is not impossible for Xiuying to find Ryo, i really think Xiuying will decide to go after Ryo, maybe Xiuying will see Ziming again and she will finally have closure about this situation in her life, in my opinion if this happen it will be a amazing plot twist in the story, if Xiuying appear again i think will be an awesome comeback scene, maybe Xiuying saving Ryo again, it is possible and i hope Xiuying come back in the story.

5. Shenmue Side Story Chapter 3: Xiuying & Ziming. In this chapter of the manga side story we see Xiuying thinking about Ziming and Ziming thinking about Xiuying.

Xiuying: I'm... still walking on my brother's martial arts path... to be able to stop him...
Ziming: Become strong, Xiuying! So you can surpass me!

Xiuying made it clear that she wants to stop Ziming, and Ziming made it clear that he wants Xiuying to surpass him, so this chapter of the manga side story is another reason for me to believe that Xiuying will appear again in the story.

1659720798891.png1659721005752.png1659721045349.png

Xiuying really cares about Ryo, meeting Ryo made Xiuying remember about Ziming, Xiuying don't want Ryo to go to the same path as her brother, and she probably wants closure about what happened between her and Ziming so i think Xiuying will come back in the story, will be amazing if Xiuying appear again in the story, this has the potential to be intense and emotional.

If i remember other reasons i will edit this post, what is your opinion about this subject? Xiuying will come back or not? share your opinions in the comments below, thank you all for reading and remember to keep friends... those you love... close to you, see you all in my next blog post, bye bye. ~

Xiuying.jpg

Last edited:
Many clues in the comics. My guess is that as you say, Xiuying will follow Ryo path, will face Zimming in a fight (Zimming is something like a spy, surely Tentei will be the killer of their parents and his objective is the revenge against him), she willl win and in the end, Zimming will sacrifice for her against any other boss attack or something. She can't kill her brother and I not see another better ending for the character redeeming himself in the end.

I can see Tentei manipulating all the organization and characters.

Another clue is in the other comic, Zimming is with Niao Sun, and her wants all the organization for herself, (She is against Tentei), so perhaps a temporary alliance due to common interests.

I really hope she comeback to me,
reminds me of childhood memories...
The shade of her dress was as fresh as the bright blue sky.

I think Xiuying will reappear in the series again. Ryo will soften Ziming heart releasing him from his vengeance path. Once Ziming sees Xiuying half of the YinYang pendant he will return to Hong Kong and seek out Xiuying.

Back