What TV shows are you watching?

not a tv show but i enjoy watching the why files on youtube. its a bit like the tv show ancient aliens but better (i love all that alien / conspiracy stuff :geek:), the host talks about different conspiracy theories, alien / ufo events etc but what makes it better.. is at the end of each episode, he goes over the facts and debunks the stuff which is clearly not real. its quite entertaining.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheWhyFiles

Now watching season 3 of Warrior. It's a good continuation of season 2 and I like how Leary is being portrayed more sympathetically compared to the last two. I love how the world is expanding and how it is all connected.

i'm working my way through the stargate atlantis series via streaming. i'm on season 2.

even though i'm a stargate fan, i only caught a few episodes when it originally aired back in 2004.

its an old show but it holds up quite well like SG1. i'm enjoying it quite a lot.

Awaiting greenlight for Warrior S4 to enjoy the final stand off between Ah Sahm and Li Yong.
Doesn't Young Jun resemble a lot to Goro? I can't unsee.

And more subjetive but am I the only one struck by the way that Andrew Koji certainly evokes Bruce Lee body language and gestures but also young David Carradine (in Death Race 2000 i.e) at the same time? Serious/menacing face, Lee; smile, Carradine.

After this series are done hopefully we'll get Banshee comeback 🤞

I got a free trial with amazon prime and The Boys is a class TV show. Homelander is such a c-word and hes awesome (asides from some questionable things he did with that ceo lady)

Castlevania Nocturne

Another solid season (all of them are). It might take a while for the stakes to truly pick up in the first half of the episodes, but it delivers in the final stretch. Writing, animation and action setpieces are top notch. Best thing current Konami ever did for the franchise.

Bob's Burgers season 14 starts tonight. Looking forward to new episodes.

127765_6-bobs-burgers-quotes-that-sum-up-parenting.jpg

Reactions: red
Needed some cheering up so I bought the recently released Ninja Turtles 2003 cartoon DVD set. It's by far my favorite of the cartoons and the last project that both Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird (Ninja Turtles creators) would work on together until The Last Ronin comic series last year. I enjoyed the series so much that long ago when Napster was stil a thing, I downloaded the first four seasons as they released and burned them to disc to watch. Obviously the quality wasn't great and I was missing a couple episodes as well as the last three seasons and Turtles Forever movie.

Happy to have added a legitimate full set to my collection. Even better, it includes the Turtles Forever movie which is pretty good.

4040360-gf.jpg

i saw all 4 episodes and finished the show last night.

he was a very sick man. sad he was never brought to account like rolf harris. i also have little to no respect for the bbc anymore.

steve coogan does a very good job depicting jimmy savile.
Only made it through two of them, was hard to watch. The BBC can go to hell.

I also bought the complete series of SeaQuest DSV on blu-ray. Been enjoying rewatching it. For those unfamiliar, it's like Star Trek The Next Generation, but under water. Was aired from 1993 to 1995 or so.

92755d11-2941-4257-a17a-5534fe468911.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

i finished the last season of Snowfall. very good show, they gave the main character one of the worst endings in a tv show, ive ever seen.

i saw the last season of Ghosts (uk tv show) and i saw season 2 of Ghosts-US (usa tv show). the american version of ghosts is one of my favourite light hearted tv shows at the moment

also rick and morty has started up again, so im watching that. the new voice actors are pretty much spot on. there is no difference. so thats good.

I watched the first episode of the Frasier revival since it was free, but I'm going to hold off until December once all the episodes are out to binge it. I loved the original series and used to post on the old https://www.frasieronline.co.uk/ website until they shut down the forums after a buncha drama... and before the revival was announced.

Don't know what to expect after just one episode, although I'm cautiously optimistic.

Kelsey Grammer hasn't missed a beat as Frasier. It really feels like he could be a real person who we just haven't seen in 20 years, and it's great to have an old friend back.

That said, the rest of the cast... well, it really hurts not having Martin, Daphne, and Niles (Roz is expected to return in some form, but she wasn't in the first episode). Nothing can be done about Martin since John Mahoney passed away (recasting him would be even worse than not having him at all), but they really needed to find a way to get Niles and Daphne there. They tried by having their in-show son as part of the cast, but he just feels like someone pretending to be Niles (which worked wonderfully in the one-off Rodney character in the original series, but he wasn't intended as a replacement).

Frasier's son was recast from the original, which makes no sense as the original actor is the right age and still acting. His girlfriend seems okay. The college administrator has potential, and Nicholas Lyndhurst fits quite well, though, and I guess it makes sense, as I've learned a British national treasure.

Really, of the six main characters, the weakest feel like the two replacements, while the new characters do a little better. The focus should probably be on them, but the challenge there is that the Frasier/Freddy dynamic is likely to be the heart of the show, and I don't know a way around that.

Whoops, started rambling. Frasier is one of those topics that I can ramble on about! :whistle:

I FINALLY got around after having some free time to watching a South Korean show called The Glory after seeing heaps upon heaps of praise be showered upon it. Has anyone else seen it? If so what are your thoughts?

Because i just thought it was fine to really good not great. I LOVED Song Hye-kyo as the lead she obviously carried the show and her plot for revenge but aside from that.... I liked it enough to get through all 16 episodes but I can't shake the feeling it could've been trimmed down to 12. Also sometimes i thought it got quite a bit melodramatic for its own good. It's one of those shows where I'm glad I watched it and enjoyed my time with it but will I ever seek it out to watch it again like I have with My Name, All of us are dead, or Squid game more than likely probably not.

I finally got "Queen Millennia" (Die Königin der 1000 Jahre) on Blu-ray and i'm very impressed since i watched this anime-series in german television.

3rd rock from the sun.

i've seen many random episodes but i thought it would be nice to watch every episode, back to back.

great show, very wacky but unfortunately, the last few episodes were a little weak.

i think it would be cool if some of the characters poped up in a cameo for the tv series resident alien.

.. i also watched last man on earth. its another wacky show about a virus killing off nearly all humans on earth.. the one thing that sucks, is that the show got canceled and never got an ending :(

i saw the first 5 episodes of shogun on disney plus. its a very good show. only a slight complaint. there is tones of subtitles..o_O

i also saw a little bit of the first episode of the animated show, xmen 97.. it seems really cool but i feel i need to go and watch the original seasons first. i saw some episodes as a kid but not enough to remember the whole show/plot.

Back