What are you playing?

Finished Atomic heart.

Bioshock + Metro + Half life moments

Outstanding debut game of this guys.

What the hell are you waiting for. Go buy it or play it in gamepass right now.

Soul hackers 2 (I love you Sega and Microsoft) here we go!

Played a bit of Wild Hearts and found it to be very 7.75/10, so I won't be finishing that as it isn't worth the time. Interesting concept and very pretty atmosphere but it's lacking the it factor to make it a truly great title.

Moved on yesterday to Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty unfortunately. It's like NiOh minus the playability factor. Way too hard and another Souls-like title with no real story telling or interesting combat mechanics, yawn.

I'm going to give Scars Above a try sometime soon.

i completed ghost of tsushima + did most of the extra missions, i really enjoyed it. i want play the extra map in the future.

now i'm playing god of war ragnarok on the ps5. even at only a few hours in it's a 9/10 game.

the 2 other games im looking forward to playing are resident evil 4 and jedi Survivor.

Last edited:
I have completed Like a Dragon Ishin by now and it was really a good game. I really enjoyed the gameplay and the setting. The Gameplay was standard Yakuza stuff but that's not bad. I am fan of Japanese History so I really enjoyed the setting and storyline.

Been starting way too many games recently, stuff I didn’t realize were being released or forgot about, never mind some pretty hefty deals.

Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse - On chapter 5 I think. So far I’m really enjoying it. There are things I think I like more in Maiden of Black Water(only other one I’ve played) but I feel I like the story of this one a little better so far, and the music is a bit more distinct.

The friends of Ringo Ishikawa - Only played about an hour so far but it feels like it will be a good time, depending on where exactly it goes. Hardest part is just trying to memorize the map. Weird that there’s stats for studying and all, but things like that and having buttons dedicated to smoking cigarettes gives it that sort of Shenmue/Deadly Premonition vibe.

Bayonetta Origins - I’m not one to dog on Bayonetta 3 like a lot of others have been over their OTP, has its issues but was a fine game overall. Even so, I think I’m enjoying this one a bit more for things like the art style, music, stronger characterization. Though I am a bit weary of moving ahead with it now I’ve come to the point of having to control both Cereza and Cheshire.

Alice Gear Aegis CS - Went through one character’s story, guessing there’s a bunch more. Reminds me a bit of Senran Kagura, just really boiled down to basics and without some of the lewder stuff. Seems pretty fun for what was apparently originally a mobile game, but I can see it getting very repetitive.

Metroid Fusion - Had previously tried it on WiiU and just didn’t progress after the first area. Got to the same point again now, guess I’ll see if it can hold my interest.

Yakuza Ishin is still sitting on my desktop waiting to be played. I’m all over Yakuza but I guess I just instinctively know it’ll be a timesink when I’m already playing all these as well as trying to replay a bunch of Zelda games before the new one comes out - and I don’t think I’ll even succeed as is. Just keeping track of everything in a notepad at least makes it easier to manage.

i finished god of war ragnarok.. well the main story, not any post game extras.. it seems some games dont even have endings anymore.. so you need to workout where the ending is via google lol.

the gameplay, voice acting and graphics are all top notch.. but i found the story a bit hard to follow in places, the game lost me with some of the references to greek gods/ mythical events. the beginning of the game was pretty bog standard but after the half way mark, the story/gameplay got better (+ seems like a really long game).

the main ending was ok but it didnt give me an emotional high like some AAA games ive played in the past. there is a hidden ending which i just watched on youtube but it was meh.

i would give it a 9/10

So, Tears of the Kingdom, huh? I'm only 6 or 7 hours in and I can already tell this deserves all the hype. Sometimes you can just tell you're playing something truly special from the get-go.

So, Tears of the Kingdom, huh? I'm only 6 or 7 hours in and I can already tell this deserves all the hype. Sometimes you can just tell you're playing something truly special from the get-go.

A Zelda game is a guarantee for me to be inside my home for many hours across the next few months. I cannot wait to play Tears, but purposely putting it off until I get some adult sh** done.

Very much enjoying Tears of the Kingdom, probably something like 12ish hours in so far and mostly just going wherever catches my interest first and foremost.

Crazy how time changes. Sure I’ve said it before but back when Breath of the Wild first released, I was much more hyped for Nier Automata, kind of unusual for me since it’s been my favorite series for so long til then and was one who loved Skyward Sword. Even so, I did get into it more eventually and did enjoy it a bit despite some major issues.

Since replaying it the other month, I’ve got a bit of a new appreciation for BotW, what with my new outlook on gaming or enjoying media as a whole being about the experience itself rather than comparing technicalities and other junk.

So I’ve not been so worried about whether the game would run well or what assets are being reused or that it was “DLC” (all things I disagree on anyway) that I’ve seen on other sites, but rather that this experience would not have those same quiet moments where it just lets you take it all in.

Thankfully it does have those, but ultimately I do think it very much has its own identity and intentionality in what it’s setting out to do, and that’s a good thing. I don’t want to spoil anything specific, but the entire experience hinges on being familiar with the old and finding new things within it, a level of exploration that feels even deeper to me, and one that asks you to be more engaged with it and to really stretch your creative muscles. It’s a type of design that I feel is fundamentally different from anything else I can think of - one I feel others do not understand when they complain BotW was a typical open world game and that others like Elden Ring are obviously better. Really very different in what they set out to do, even putting aside the fact I feel that title is actually very boring after the first dozen hours.

I will say, the tutorial area didn’t really hit me as strong, but perhaps if I took more time with it I might have enjoyed it more. It’s just hard not to compare to the Great Plateau, which I felt was one of the best introductions in a Zelda game. But that just shows how much of a different approach they had to curating this experience, especially with the different tools we have this time around. I want to say even less about the story but so far I get the sense it’s definitely a bit more adult, and I already felt BotW had something to mull over beyond some of the cheesier champion cutscenes.

Hoping to take my time with the rest of it but it’s going to be hard to restrain myself having only so much time on the weekends.

CE7622D3-8BA4-4828-9F43-57E1E292853E.jpeg

Tears of the Kingdom just reminds me of everything that I hated about Breath of the Wild.

im playing breath of the wild now. as a non zelda fan, i'm finding it pretty difficult.. i hate doing it but i find myself looking at youtube walkthrough videos quite often to help me with the most basic stuff, even though i know what i'm meant to be doing. its a totally different gameplay style and a much slower pace then i'm use to. ( if i compare it to games ive played, it seems like a cross between ape escape and death stranding lol)

im still pretty early into the game, trying to free the 4 divine beasts but i am having problems even trying to locate and get to them o_O. i've already walked around a whole mountain trying to find a way up to one, which was a total waste of time. lol

Last edited:
I’ve pretty much been going nonstop when I can, aside from work you know. Did both the dungeons in the Rito and Zora areas. Was going to do Gerudo next but I may just do Gordon first. That and I need to go into the depths, much as I’m afraid of the dark and giant pits and all. At least I’ve got some ideas for vehicles that should make traversal not so bad…

So far I’ve got very little bad to say about the game. Significantly more shrines that are unique puzzles rather than your tests of strength that made up majority of BotW. Lots more enemy variety, even if the elemental variants are still boring. People complain about the dungeons but tbh I feel they are fine, could stand to have mini bosses but whatever. Dungeons in most recent games have been extremely linear, even SS, so it’s nice to have more freedom in how to go about them, especially with more physics based puzzles. The ones in the Zora area stumped me a bit, which is more than I can say for a lot of previous games. Oh, and the bosses so far are a big step up as well, using more than just your average combat techniques and rewarding thinking outside the box.

One thing is especially the music as well as more focus on characterization. Now with BotW I did gain more an appreciation for it my second time around, but I still didn’t care much for most of the characters that help you get to the dungeons in that game. So for what they did to Sidon and his theme, well…a bit of an odd comparison but, it just reminded me of when Kaine finally joins you in Nier, and the more triumphant and adventurous version of her theme starts playing. I remember thinking it was kind of silly when the music director? talked about adding claps into the songs, but it definitely works.

Can’t wait to play more. Will definitely be playing this even more thoroughly I think. Still hard to imagine it will top MM or TWW for me but we’ll see…kind of excited to see how Riju turns out because she was one of my more liked characters.

Beat Dashin' Desperadoes on Thursday and did a one-player run through the multiplayer yesterday.

For a fairly early Genesis title, there is remarkable depth to the game, I was quite surprised as to just how much variation there is between the single and multiplayer games. And then you have 4 minigames which are derivative, quick jaunts, but if you have a few people over, you can conduct tournaments as there is quite a bit to see and do.

Immensely-impressed with Data East's job on this game, they really did it very well.

But that's another one knocked off the backlog, have to tackle something else next!

Playing Humanity on PSVR alongside Zelda. It’s pretty basic, but I’m enjoying it quite a bit so far. I’d love to see what Enhance could do with a bigger budget as they really do have an exceptional track record.

I am playing Shenmue 2 again (Dreamcast version). I also started my second run of Carrier. This time I play the Jessifer Campaign. I really like Carrier it is fun to play it again with Jessifer. It is not as good as Resident Evil Code Veronica but it is still a neat survial horror game.

I also played the demo Daymare Sand Castle 1994 . The devs improved the gameplay a lot compared to the first Daymare. A game I have also enjoyed despite the flaws. The second game could become something really good.

I am playing Shenmue 2 again (Dreamcast version). I also started my second run of Carrier. This time I play the Jessifer Campaign. I really like Carrier it is fun to play it again with Jessifer. It is not as good as Resident Evil Code Veronica but it is still a neat survial horror game.

I also played the demo Daymare Sand Castle 1994 . The devs improved the gameplay a lot compared to the first Daymare. A game I have also enjoyed despite the flaws. The second game could become something really good.
Jessifer? Now that's scary
Superhot+supercrazy from a mile away

i still playing zelda breath of the wild and i'm past the half way mark, possibly close to the end.

i think i understand the game a lot better now. i just feel it's a shame this game has little to no tutorials because it just makes the game unnecessarily hard. it also seems like there is lots of small gameplay features i've been missing out on.

gameplay wise, i find it quite calming. there seems to be a lot of "grinding" needed but it doesn't bother me, the game becomes a lot easier once you fully understand how to use links powers/abilities and the best weapons/ammo to take on certain enemies.

edit. - i just completed the main game. i totally understand why people are fans of zelda, like this game so much and reviews are solid 10/10 but for me it's more of a 8/10 game.

Last edited:
Back