What are you playing?

Yeah, the 1,000 fish one was a slog, but, I made a, "principal Skinner," game of it, of doing as much as I can in the time period and then tried to beat that! lol It did help it go by faster :D

Completed the first level of Izzy and am now in the town. What a lovely little game, I feel I am going to have an absolute blast with it! :D

While I'm waiting for Shenmue 4, I’m currently checking out Dreamcast games I never got the chance to play as a kid.

I've been playing Skies of Arcadia since last Xmas (now on disc 2) and this week I've also been playing some Jet Set Radio (I suck!).

After these two, I'm thinking of maybe checking out MDK2, but I hear that's really hard... :eek:

I just finished the Ghost of Tsushima DLC and really enjoyed it. Holds up as best new IP of last gen.

I'm still in the midst of Mass Effect 2 and am wanting to finish that before fully moving on to Judgment (PS5) which I played the first hour of a few days ago.

I've also been playing some Jet Set Radio (I suck!).
Yeah, I was absolutely hot shit at that one until I "beat" the game for the first time. Then it clicked, and I've done multiple playthroughs of it since. Pretty quickly went from "wow this game is a clunky piece of shit" to effortlessly landing in my top 10 (frankly probably top 5 or even top 3) games of all time. I don't think I've ever done such a dramatic U-turn on a game before.

Alright finished Scarlet Nexus. I liked it, very diverse combat system.

Now I'll give it a shot to Gujian 3. Lot of expectation!

I recently played the Ace Attorney trilogy mostly blind on my ps4. I last played the three games over 10 or 11 years ago on my DS. Thanks to that, I feel like I'm playing the games fresh again.

Just gave the Sable demo a try today. I am blown away by the art direction of this game. I love the art of Jean Giraud, so this game is like exploring his paintings! Moving around is a little janky in some spots, but for the most part it feels fluid. Gliding feels good until you hit a rock, then it gets a little rough. I’d probably describe it as a chill Breath of the Wild. The music is top notch as well. Even the characters are intriguing and likeable! Definitely buying this game when it comes out, it’s just so artful in everything it does.

I'm deep into my first ever playthrough of Red Dead Redemption 2 at the moment and I can honestly say that it's one of the best games I have ever played. The twists and turns in the story are just non-stop + it's got one of the most 'alive' feeling worlds I've seen in a game; especially in areas like the base camps.

There's also a bit where a kid tricks you and steals your satchel resulting in a chase sequence through the city. Felt slightly familiar 👀

While I'm waiting for Shenmue 4, I’m currently checking out Dreamcast games I never got the chance to play as a kid.

I've been playing Skies of Arcadia since last Xmas (now on disc 2) and this week I've also been playing some Jet Set Radio (I suck!).

After these two, I'm thinking of maybe checking out MDK2, but I hear that's really hard... :eek:

MDK2 is one of the 10 best games on the DC, period. People can fight it all they want, but the size, scope, graphics, soundtrack, gameplay, it is all top-tier, first-rate.

People give the movement with face buttons grief, but please trust me when I say that it makes the game SO much-easier to play and that is the only way it should be played.

It makes you think, it tests your 3PS, puzzle and platformer skills and it is SUCH a funny game, you will have an absolute blast, once you get used to everything. It will definitely test your patience, but the payoff is worth it.

Also, my favourite thing that a dev has ever done as a tie-in, Bioware (were) truly awesome:

is that on a console or pc?

ive got that game on ps3 and ive been meaning to complete that game for years lol ..unless i'm playing mindless multiplayer games, i currently find it hard to focus on gaming.
It was PS5 with PS Now service, so the PS3 version. It's on Steam and Xbox as well.

Fantastic game. Strong story telling. Very likeable protagonist. Not a fan of other LiS or LiS type games but True Colors delivered as expected.

I just started Psychonauts 2. It's good so far but something feels off during cutscenes, not sure if it's the way characters eyes shine like glass, the animations, or 60 fps vs 30 fps in the original. I'll probably get used to it over time.

I'm interested in True Colors eventually, I thought the original LiS was great so I'll pick it up soon. I actually just bought Sonic Colors, so I'll probably have a go at that next.

Tried a bit of Akane. Fun little arena ish game with fast based combat but tbh I’m not certain how much room there is for it to develop. There’s unlockables but I find these initial ones to be a bit on the too challenging side for me. Ah well, only a couple bucks.

Bloodrayne got a remaster. Never tried the original so I thought I’d give it a shot. Fun so far but I feel like I’m not very good at it yet.

Started Daemon X Machina. Fun so far and much easier to control than I remember. Only real nitpicks are the free missions seem way way tougher than the story so far, and if most of the cutscenes are just gonna be static dialogue then the character creation is a little pointless.

Started replaying Deadly Premonition 2 for my YouTube channel. Coming right off the first game feels a lot weirder than when I’d had to wait close to a decade for this. I think the art style is a good fit, the use of music is great, same for the directing, and the story is very interesting to me for sure, but I still have my annoyances with the game…for one I think Le Carre is just not as fun to explore, and the lack of inspecting anything and everything for flavor text. At least it seems they fixed the framerate a little since I last played it.

Just completed the Ghost of Tsushima expansion. Waited until I got my PS5 and glad I did as the loading times male a massive difference.

Still playing Borderlands 3 and making a concise effort with Nino Kuni 2. Decent game so far, though I find the near-complete lack of voice acting annoying. Managed to get Ratchet and Clank and Final Fantasy 7 for £52 combined.

I'm currently playing Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain.

This game has the best gameplay of the series by far. I haven't played a new MG game since 4 back in 2008 or 09. I'm really enjoying this one, even though I can't make out what exactly is going on, haha.
It's mandatory to be the game with best graphics of the series knowing MGS4 it's from 2007 and PW it's a PSP game lol.

Yeah graphics were really cool for the day. And the game was very good optimized, at least the pc version.

Best gameplay of the series by far. Story and characters design... That's a different story imo.

I just finished the Ghost of Tsushima DLC and really enjoyed it. Holds up as best new IP of last gen.

I'm still in the midst of Mass Effect 2 and am wanting to finish that before fully moving on to Judgment (PS5) which I played the first hour of a few days ago.
First time playing Mass effect series?

First time playing Mass effect series?
Nope. It's actually one of my favorite series. I played the series on PS3 but ended up selling the trilogy with the system back around 2015 or so. I was very happy to pick up the Legendary Edition and add it back into the collection. As I'll have only played it on my PS5, I even took advantage of EA's "create your own box art" and added the PS5 header over the PS4 one provided and had it professionally printed. Looks great. :giggle:

Back