Welcome to the NEW Shenmue Dojo!

Awesome, very cool! One suggestion tho as I'm setting up my account here... you have the option to put your PSN, Xbox Live, Nintendo code, etc... but no Dreamcast Now info! Please put that in if you can, I'm sure a ton of us here play on the Dreamcast Now network...
Here you go. Added ✅

Realised as I was just browsing the forums on my phone just how easy it is to take all this great xenforo design for granted now.

Recalling memories of reading forum posts from the old dojo on a phone and I've already quickly forgotten since how paaaaainful it was (I remember when tapatalk stopped working properly it was one of the things that made me visit less due to reading/posting on mobile)

Now we don't even need tapatalk or anything, the website just does&takes it all like a champ! :D Thank again Matt and Pete!

As someone who obsessively posts using a different coloured font, I can't express just how much I love not having to close off the the code tags.

As someone who obsessively posts using a different coloured font, I can't express just how much I love not having to close off the the code tags.

Do you prefer the new site then? I was always 50/50, in terms of just missing the old boards due to spending so much time there. I thought that would dissipate over time, but I still miss the old forums. Don't get me wrong, phpbb was never going to be a future option, but its hard when you have spent over 15 years visiting a site which looked and operated relatively the same over the years.

Do you prefer the new site then? I was always 50/50, in terms of just missing the old boards due to spending so much time there. I thought that would dissipate over time, but I still miss the old forums. Don't get me wrong, phpbb was never going to be a future option, but its hard when you have spent over 15 years visiting a site which looked and operated relatively the same over the years.

Yeah defo, it's a hell of a lot better. Sometimes you've gotta let go. Like when an Admin accidentally deletes a forum ?

As I've mentioned before, it's just like the old one updated with more social media-based conventions. This board's more mobile friendly too, especially with the emoji support.

Did you think I was gonna boot off like when Yama took over or summat? ?

Yeah defo, it's a hell of a lot better. Sometimes you've gotta let go. Like when an Admin accidentally deletes a forum ?

As I've mentioned before, it's just like the old one updated with more social media-based conventions. This board's more mobile friendly too, especially with the emoji support.

Did you think I was gonna boot off like when Yama took over or summat? ?

Honestly I didn't know what to expect, and in some ways, still don't. For launch, I mean, I consulted every single person I felt could have some input, yourself included, so a huge backlash wasn't really expected. But criticism is never far away at any time, over any little thing. I understand now why Ziming and Yama kept a bit of distance. When trying to develop new and fresh content, getting involved in debates and flame wars on here over the littlest things can really cloud your vision, and make you wonder what's the point? When that confidence goes, then all work stops, and can lay dormant for some time, preventing the progression of ideas for the brand. Fortunately I am working that out, and calling in here now and again to make sure everything's grand. I am deep into something new for the Dojo, and just trying to stay focused on that for now.

Either way I am glad yourself and others still do like the "new" forums, and still feel the urge to participate. Reading a conversation between yourself and @Araviel over Shenmue's immersion really does make me smile, as well as new members showing up today, and posting in the Shenmue forums talking about 100% completing the re-release games. Its a great feeling.

Either way I am glad yourself and others still do like the "new" forums, and still feel the urge to participate. Reading a conversation between yourself and @Araviel over Shenmue's immersion really does make me smile, as well as new members showing up today, and posting in the Shenmue forums talking about 100% completing the re-release games. Its a great feeling.

Oh, Peter. This place is solid (looooooove visiting on my phone, so easy, so readable, so not influenced by my work network banning gaming sites *hah...*).

As someone who took years off at a time from the old forums this feels just like being home again, much like playing the re-releases! Also happened to read some old posts on Izumi after googling and I can't say I'll miss the "such a slut", "fucking cunt" comments laying about in the old forums. It was a good thing we all grew up and now we have this re-release of the Dojo site to hang out in and be cool. Loving all the in-deep convos on Shenmue, games and fun other stuff here, people are passionate about their interests and it's all good! Feel like I learn a thing or two every time I visit, sometimes Shenmue related, sometimes not, sometimes even from @Mittens2317 <3

Well it's been a few years since I come to the dojo. Nice to see it's still going strong. Hope there's still plenty of old members about.

Where's old bluecast at?

I've no idea, but i hope he is doing well.

I hope you have been doing well too. This site has changed a lot, and became the place it should be. A Shenmue fan forum worthy of the series it represents. Gone are the days where all of that old rubbish was just allowed to fly by. Different times called for a different site, and that's what we are. Fingers crossed this weekend here in Monaco continues that.

I've been good cheers.

A new game in the series will bring in new fans so joining a forum stuck in the past (as were we) wouldn't be appealing.

I joined the old forum in 2008 after years of lurking. I was probably the only member that used the old phoenix skin. I was disappointed when that dissappeared. I miss those days. When the most random of bollocks would appear in the junk forum. With no news on shenmue 3 I think that was needed.

Onwards and upwards, I hope more old members join. Fingers crossed for shenmue's future. I hope the story ends this time because I don't want to wait another 18 years for shenmue 4.

Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere but I’m still struggling to browse the forums, is it still reeling from Saturday? I can access them but it’s still very slow, tried multiple connection types and they all appear to be the same. Again, sorry if this has already been posted.

Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere but I’m still struggling to browse the forums, is it still reeling from Saturday? I can access them but it’s still very slow, tried multiple connection types and they all appear to be the same. Again, sorry if this has already been posted.
We're still recovering from the unprecedented amount of traffic seen during MAGIC. I can assure you that everyone behind the scenes are trying their hardest to get this resolved. Much of the crew are just returning home from Monaco so haven't had much time to troubleshoot yet. Please bear with us.

Back