spud1897

Administrator
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Destiny 2, Shenmue HD ;)
PSN
spud19870
This came into my head so thought why not create a topic.

Who here is going to or has been to a games show or convention. Were you at the E3 of dreams?

I myself have been to EGX and will be going to Play Expo on August 11th

I've never been to a single event, despite my dream of being able to attend E3 since the 90s... although nowadays it doesn't look nearly as fun...

I've never been to a single event, despite my dream of being able to attend E3 since the 90s... although nowadays it doesn't look nearly as fun...

The E3 has lost its significance I think especially with TGS and others coming through. AlsoSony and Nintendo do their own events too

I have never been to a single event. I am from Austria so this game events are always very far way from my home. The nearest would be the gamescom in Germany. I won't make it to gamescom this year but maybe in 2019.

It is also my dream to visit the E3 and the Tokyo Gameshow since the 1990s but it is not very realistic that I get there.

Visited last years gamescom for very obvious reasons. A perfectly round decade before that I was at the 2007 Games Convention in Leipzig, wich was the predecessor of the gamescom and the second to last year it was held like that. Went there as I met with some Sonic fans.

After the Games Convention I wish I had the chance to attendend some show when Sega was still active in the console buisines.
Well, Sega stuff was the initator for both of my visits so it's only natural to dream of such a thing.

Despite following since inception, only this year did I FINALLY take time off work to go to the Midwest Gaming Classic run by the GOAT Store homebrew/retro shop team. Loved it and was my first expo altogether. Also went to the VideoGame Summit in a nearby Chicago suburb. Smaller, but still really cool.

I've been thinking of going to MAGIC but at this point I'm not sure if it would be worth it seeing that I doubt deepsilver will give it much importance when promoting shenmue. I might visit the paris game week in october if I find the time though.

Back