Venom

Riku Rose

Sex Panther
Banned

Everyone I know in real life seem to think this is going to be the best film ever while everyone online thinks it will be a train wreck. I'm sort of sitting in the middle but leaning towards it doesn't look great. I love superhero movies and I know most people complain they're all the same but to me this one really hasn't had anything in any trailer to get me excited or anything unique.

Great character but I have no expectations for this movie. But I will say that this trailer looks better than the one Ive seen couple of months ago, which looked like a very typical action movie. But for me to get excited, this movie needs to be darker and more grim than a typical Marvel movie. It has to have that inner fight between venom and the protagonist. I feel like 2 hours wont be enough to include the whole spirit of venom and it will turn out to be a bland movie. On the other hand Im kinda intrigued to see if they will make a whole series out of this. Fighting spiderman and whatnot.

....Honestly, it looks super cheesy. Also, it feels like we've already seen the entire movie based on the trailers alone.
I love a good anti-hero, and Tom Hardy's an excellent actor, but this just seems like a hot mess.

Riz Ahmed was fantastic in "The Night Of", but here he just seems like some generic villain of the week type.

Meh. Not sure about this one.

Sony has the worst track record when it comes to movies. This is no exception. They just wanna cash in on that Spider-Man money as much as they can before Marvel gets to use this cash grab character. I say this as a massive Spider-Man/Symbiotes fan. This film looks like garbage to me.

It won't exactly be one for the auteurs, but I can see it bein an enjoyable film nonetheless.

I like Venoms design and look, he looks incredible and I think his model will be a visual stunner. Every thing else... blech. Did Venom really need his own movie? Right now? Wouldnt it have been better to introduce him in Spider-Man, build his character a bit and THEN maybe give him his own film? Oh wait, but they cant do that right now because Sony's Spider-Man is off in the MCU for the time being so unless he is some how tied into that, which seems unlikely right now, it doesnt seem realistic. So all of this begs the question, why on earth is this thing coming out right now? Sony just cashing in on a franchise character while they still have it and will likely lose eventually anyway? Its most curious why this film is necessary right now, and that trailer doesnt make it look good either.

I love the idea of a "dark"/ adult venom movie. I'm just not convinced that this one is going to be particularly good, in spite of the high profile cast. So far, it looks like some action-filled crapfest with the blandest villain of all time.
Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Back