Tronald Dump? Oh jeeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah... I saw it on the book besides the bed in Hotel Niaowu too, alot of memes in there and other weird stuff.

Yeah... I saw it on the book beside the bed in Hotel Niaowu too, a lot of memes in there and other weird stuff.
That book was so cool, I wish I sprung for that tier but at the time I just had come home from a vacation when the Kickstarter was announced so I was drained on funds.

As little of a joke as it is, I didn’t invest my money into Shenmue III so the creators of this game - that literally desperately needed financial contributions from their fans - can make political jokes to make brownie points to the media elite, or for whatever reason for that matter. As little of a Joke as it is, I’m not okay with it, we weren’t asked permission about making fun of a Sitting American President, and frankly no fan funded financial contribution should have A - gone towards this and B - it shouldn’t even be in this game in the first place. Finally, Shenmue should be a game that leaves politics out in every circumstance, it has no business in here and I don’t need the lapse of immersion so someone can win brownie points for funding a 4th game or for any other reason for that matter, the Shenmue community is already small, there is no reason to divide it anymore.

As little of a joke as it is, I didn’t invest my money into Shenmue III so the creators of this game - that literally desperately needed financial contributions from their fans - can make political jokes to make brownie points to the media elite, or for whatever reason for that matter. As little of a Joke as it is, I’m not okay with it, we weren’t asked permission about making fun of a Sitting American President, and frankly no fan funded financial contribution should have A - gone towards this and B - it shouldn’t even be in this game in the first place. Finally, Shenmue should be a game that leaves politics out in every circumstance, it has no business in here and I don’t need the lapse of immersion so someone can win brownie points for funding a 4th game or for any other reason for that matter, the Shenmue community is already small, there is no reason to divide it anymore.
I'm pretty sure that this wasn't the writers/devs of Shenmue that made up the name. It seemed to be a wall of backer names and they had a choice of answer, not some political statement by Yu or YSnet.

I'm pretty sure that this wasn't the writers/devs of Shenmue that made up the name. It seemed to be a wall of backer names and they had a choice of answer, not some political statement by Yu or YSnet.
Right, except the entire kickstarter campaign happened before Trump was president/controversial enough to be attacked by every media entity & outlet for being America First. And honestly, I doubt a clairvoyant Trump Hating savant Shenmue fan was clever enough to put this in the years before 2016.

In my opinion that itself is completely beside the point, you’re going to tell me they had absolutely no say in whether or not a hypothetical fan’s political joke should be aloud? Please, give me a break. They could have stopped that in a second and told a fan to come up with something else in seconds, but I guess that decision was absent and at the same time totally convenient for for Koch Media and the powers that be inside the industry against the president.

Regardless of whatever you think, real and current politics should be absent from this game, and it will affect my support as a lifelong fan and backer of the series. Trust me, I really hate to say it, because I donated around $1,100.00 which isn’t a-lot to some people, but to me it was a ton of money, and it wasn’t donated for pandering political viewpoints.

Am I being over dramatic, maybe, but if I personally don’t put my foot down, who can I count on to stick up for me, I’ll take the heat and speak my mind, I don’t need jabs at the president in every form of media or in my all time favorite video game franchise. What’s next? Is anything sacred? Ultimately at the end of the day, I love Shenmue and taking 4 days off from work to dive back into my childhood was a much needed blast, but we don’t need real and current politics in this game, which has a big focus on being an honorable person. There is ZERO honor in taking a jab at the president in a crowdfunded video game.

Right, except the entire kickstarter campaign happened before Trump was president/controversial enough to be attacked by every media entity & outlet for being America First. And honestly, I doubt a clairvoyant Trump Hating savant Shenmue fan was clever enough to put this in the years before 2016.

In my opinion that itself is completely beside the point, you’re going to tell me they had absolutely no say in whether or not a hypothetical fan’s political joke should be aloud? Please, give me a break. They could have stopped that in a second and told a fan to come up with something else in seconds, but I guess that decision was absent and at the same time totally convenient for for Koch Media and the powers that be inside the industry against the president.

Regardless of whatever you think, real and current politics should be absent from this game, and it will affect my support as a lifelong fan and backer of the series. Trust me, I really hate to say it, because I donated around $1,100.00 which isn’t a-lot to some people, but to me it was a ton of money, and it wasn’t donated for pandering political viewpoints.

Am I being over dramatic, maybe, but if I personally don’t put my foot down, who can I count on to stick up for me, I’ll take the heat and speak my mind, I don’t need jabs at the president in every form of media or in my all time favorite video game franchise. What’s next? Is anything sacred? Ultimately at the end of the day, I love Shenmue and taking 4 days off from work to dive back into my childhood was a much needed blast, but we don’t need real and current politics in this game, which has a big focus on being an honorable person. There is ZERO honor in taking a jab at the president in a crowdfunded video game.
Backers chose their messages less than a year ago, iirc. The devs could have and maybe should have stopped it, but I don’t understand why it really matters. Your argument that it ruins the immersion falls a little flat when this can be found in a room full of other messages that do just this.

Backers chose their messages less than a year ago, iirc. The devs could have and maybe should have stopped it, but I don’t understand why it really matters. Your argument that it ruins the immersion falls a little flat when this can be found in a room full of other messages that do just this.

Fans backing a crowdsourced game and then seeing their praise for it in game is acknowledging the fans which without them the series would be dead. the fan praise inside the game is apart of the Shenmue life force which to me, and I’m sure any fan is completely acceptable and valid in game. You cannot say the same is true about taking jabs at Trump. It is completely irrelevant and of bad form.

Lmfao at this 11 post member defending Trump on a Shenmue forum. Fuck that racist piece of shit. I also don't want a reference to that fucking scum in the game either but not because he's a "Sitting American President" but because he's a piece of shit that doesn't deserve to be tainting a Shenmue game.

Lol regardless of your viewpoint, I agree with you. His relevance is not inside the scope of Shenmue.

Lol ‘11 post’ member? Bro I was a fan of Shenmue since before the release and I hate to break it to you, bud, but this is a new message board. Maybe you forgot, but being the supposed true shenmue fan/ dojo junkie you are, you must already know that there have been various platforms the shenmuedojo forum has been on. Not that it matters, as far as status or rank, but in the case of your almighty insult to little ole me, it doesn’t stick, look up the user name on the old boards and you’ll find me there. So yeah, nice try, but fail. Also, how many posts a user has doesn’t make a point anymore or less valid, sorry to break it to you!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Lol regardless of your viewpoint, I agree with you. His relevance is not inside the scope of Shenmue.

Lol ‘11 post’ member? Bro I was a fan of Shenmue since before the release and I hate to break it to you, bud, but this is a new message board. Maybe you forgot, but being the supposed true shenmue fan/ dojo junkie you are, you must already know that there have been various platforms the shenmuedojo forum has been on. Not that it matters, as far as status or rank, but in the case of your almighty insult to little ole me, it doesn’t stick, look up the user name on the old boards and you’ll find me there. So yeah, nice try, but fail. Also, how many posts a user has doesn’t make a point anymore or less valid, sorry to break it to you!

Lol sure thing, chief. Hilarious how you decided to bring your account back from a 10 month hiatus to just defend Trump though of all things, but hey go off. You do you, bud!

Lol sure thing, chief. Hilarious how you decided to bring your account back from a 10 month hiatus to just defend Trump though of all things, but hey go off. You do you, bud!
Wow, because I post every once in a while all of a sudden my opinion is shouldn’t matter. Never mind the lifelong supporter of the series, and being a long time lurker, lol. Really dude? Do you know how many people lurk here but don’t post? Get real, dude. I will do me, thanks.

Wow, because I post every once in a while all of a sudden my opinion is shouldn’t matter. Never mind the lifelong supporter of the series, and being a long time lurker, lol. Really dude? Do you know how many people lurk here but don’t post? Get real, dude. I will do me, thanks.

"once in a while" lmfao

You literally posted after 10 months to defend Trump and nothing else. It's fucking hilarious to me and transparent as fuck.

"Shenmue III has just come out, should I go on the dojo to discuss the new game, the story, the new characters, that NPC who has feelings for Shenhua is pretty funny, how about when Ryo looks at that guy's dick, no I know... I'll go on and spout brainwashed shit about Koch Media and YS Net being the "Media Elite" and defend my "Sitting American President". Okay.

"once in a while" lmfao

You literally posted after 10 months to defend Trump and nothing else. It's fucking hilarious to me and transparent as fuck.

"Shenmue III has just come out, should I go on the dojo to discuss the new game, the story, the new characters, that NPC who has feelings for Shenhua is pretty funny, how about when Ryo looks at that guy's dick, no I know... I'll go on and spout brainwashed shit about Koch Media and YS Net being the "Media Elite" and defend my "Sitting American President". Okay.

Wow you know me so well. I only post once in a while so I must not come here ever! Lol okay dude.

You complaining about the amount of content for this forum produced by me, regardless of my lifelong support for the series and the dojo isn’t actually an argument, and any personal attack against me just makes you look more like a child. But I guess when you can’t come up with a compelling argument, that’s what immature people like to do.

Wow you know me so well. I only post once in a while so I must not come here ever! Lol okay dude.

You complaining about the amount of content for this forum produced by me, regardless of my lifelong support for the series and the dojo isn’t actually an argument, and any personal attack against me just makes you look more like a child. But I guess when you can’t come up with a compelling argument, that’s what immature people like to do.

Great deflection, buddy. Keep going. An argument for what? lol. I was taking a shot at you coming on to a forum after 18 years of waiting for a sequel and literally your *only* posts are to defend Trump. Nothing else. You haven't posted jack shit about the game. You've come on and posted conspiracy theories about Koch Media and the developers trying to score "brownie points" because they want to appeal to the "media elite".

Imagine waiting for a sequel for 18 years and your first posts after release are to defend a racist piece of shit and call the publisher "media elite". Embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back