Tekken 8

Hmmm, while I am of course excited to see a new Tekken game I can't help feel burnt after 7. I bought it at launch and it was so bare bones - The Story Mode was good! But beyond that the game had NOTHING to offer me. I don't care to play online much and the lack of a Survival Mode gave me no reason to return.

Then of course, it is a fighting game in the modern era, so it will have Season Pass after Season Pass for another 5+ years so this will be the 1st time I do not buy Tekken at launch sadly - It's a problem I have with the genre/marketing scheme as a whole.

Hmmm, while I am of course excited to see a new Tekken game I can't help feel burnt after 7. I bought it at launch and it was so bare bones - The Story Mode was good! But beyond that the game had NOTHING to offer me. I don't care to play online much and the lack of a Survival Mode gave me no reason to return.

Then of course, it is a fighting game in the modern era, so it will have Season Pass after Season Pass for another 5+ years so this will be the 1st time I do not buy Tekken at launch sadly - It's a problem I have with the genre/marketing scheme as a whole.
I would love for them to lean heavily on a story mode like Mortal Kombat has been doing since 2011. Theres no excuse with the current graphics and power of the current gen consoles to just give us bare bones fighting. I suspect Tekken will do nothing fresh as it never does, but if Tekken 8 improves upon the other titles, thats good too when it goes to discount. If it gives us a fleshed out cinematic story mode with some depth, I'm all in.

At the very least give us tag team options, they haven't done a tag game since 2012 and its a much desired feature that doesn't really need its own separate title.

Tekken 8 Story Mode trailer. Looks like they put more effort into the story this time.

Back