Talking sh*t and discussing about Metal Gear Solid saga and Kojima

Favourite title
What's Shenmue
Currently playing
Shenmue ch1 Undub
Having a proper full series replay MG1-MGS5. With the November delay, maybe before Shenmue lll. Will post a full retrospective shortly thereafter.

Having a proper full series replay MG1-MGS5. With the November delay, maybe before Shenmue lll. Will post a full retrospective shortly thereafter.
ps3/xbox mgs HD collection or original consoles? (ps1/ps2 etc)

Only did HD individual download of Peace Walker. Most likely originals through PS2 S-video and Snake Eater always isometric camera.

Although I only recently began pondering a PS3 HD collection purchase. Might even play MGS3 behind-back camera running into PW/GZ/5 if I do a timeline playlist rather than numeric/release date order.

Genius or not, Kojima's a freaking hollywood worshipping douche with an ego bigger than his budgets. Konami did nothing wrong.

My biggest peeve with MGS3 is the Alert system, in MGS2 if a guard sees you, you have a little moment to take him out before the Alert is called - But on MGS3 as soon as your spotted Everybody in the location knows and homes in on you! It made sense in MGS4 with the Hi-Tech in place but not MGS3.
Whoa hold on... I distinctly remember the Alert status getting dropped from 99.99 to 0 in like 1 second if you managed to neutralize the opponent(s) before he radioed in or shot you in MGS3, and that extended to small groups of enemies in a map too, no radio no sustained alert.

I watched only 8 minutes and I can say this guy is totally right and he's saying what I'm trying to say the last 2 years

kojima is teasing a new game. fans believe Elle Fanning is involved (she possibly could be the main character.

i know hideo kojima wanted to create a mgs game set during ww2, with Boss and her military unit, so i wouldn't be surprised if he's making that game. i think Boss was in her 20s during ww2 - about the same age as elle.

Last edited:
I really thought after Death Stranding Kojima was done with MGS. Honestly after 4 it was clear the man should have moved on, I can’t imagine why he would want to go back, particularly given the fallout with Konami.

In my mind nothing will top the seminal MGS 2.

Reactions: red
peace walker was good, which was a great blueprint for GZ/PP

i wanted MGS5 to be a WW2 Boss prequel, so id be hyped

Kojima was done with MGS since MGS 2 as he as stated in many interviews in that area. Unfortunatelly Konami forced him to make more games.

His MGS got more weired with each entity. I mean seriously MGS is stealth game and not a base building game like Peace Walker and Grand Theft Metal Gear Solid AKA MGS 5.

If there is another MGS game and that's a big if I really hope that Kojima is not making it. At least for my as day fan of the MGS series Kojima is not able to make a good MGS anymore.

He has an open world and micromangment fetish that has nothing to do with the core gameplay elements of serious stealth game.

Last edited:
The whole open-world thing was the only reason why I never beat MGSV. It just never made sense to me, despite how well it played. The game didn’t have an forward momentum.

I mean seriously MGS is stealth game and not a base building game like Peace Walker
Totally agree. Personally I find MGS2 pushups and MGS3 hunt list quite more enjoyable than "DIY Motherbase".

He has an open world and micromangment fetish that has nothing to do with the core gameplay elements of serious stealth game.
I don't believe a few episodes qualifies as fetish but just "Uhm, probably people will love it". We can't lose perspective: Kojima and other devs doesnt wake in the morning planning on how to piss off fans (personally I see the opposite... players posting delusional bordering rants about the most futile things). The reality is that all these additions, despite working or failing, are introduced because devs seek we approving their games, besides the rightful profits.
MGS3 its my favourite and maybe that put me playing in favour of openworld. But is true also this sandbox style became from scarce to flood.
The whole open-world thing was the only reason why I never beat MGSV. It just never made sense to me, despite how well it played. The game didn’t have an forward momentum.
The prologue, all event scripted and linear, was my favourite part.

Fetish might be sound a bit hard but I still think it is true. The whole stuff started with the base building in Peace Walker. MGS 5 even had more micromagnment and open world elements and then we have Death Stranding which is literally Micromagnment the game. Kojima really seems to be into that stuff and I do not think that he will leave these ideas behind after he used them in so many of his games.

I do not mind if Kojima want to try out new things I would never buy such games but hey that's just me and many other people like them so I am fine with it.

It just bad that MGS gets destroyed that way. Turning a stealth game into another genre cannot work.

Fetish might be sound a bit hard but I still think it is true. The whole stuff started with the base building in Peace Walker. MGS 5 even had more micromagnment and open world elements and then we have Death Stranding which is literally Micromagnment the game. Kojima really seems to be into that stuff and I do not think that he will leave these ideas behind after he used them in so many of his games.

I do not mind if Kojima want to try out new things I would never buy such games but hey that's just me and many other people like them so I am fine with it.
Its not like you were being hard, just me being picky with words.

It just bad that MGS gets destroyed that way. Turning a stealth game into another genre cannot work.
That's why I wish next big one a MGS3 remake or something to bring us back to roots. There can be place for openworld, with meaning and content instead of sandbox full of nothing. And managing the health is way more cool than building an army, personally I resort to "Anno/AD" series or Suikoden.

I'm pretty okay with Kojima overall, i like his "weird" ideas and mixture of cinematic stuff
but its still kind of experimental and unique.
But one thing that i dont like is how Kojima always gets super positive feedback for MGS V
and how all of it was Konamis fault and they betrayed him and the game
would have been awesome if Konami wouldnt have stopped him etc.
Like thats so naive and one sided, its ridiculous.

Konami was or is a publisher like any other publisher. They have to give the developer studio all of the budget
and then hope that they will get it back with the release of the product.
So when Kojima is working on MGS V and theres delay after delay and budget increase after budget increase
and the team wants to include this new feature and this new feature and this new feature
and it simply doesnt stop because Kojima just keeps going and going ...
i mean, what is the publisher supposed to do? Eventually the product has to be finished
and depending on who you are, you probably dont have the same budget as Microsoft.
You cant simply pull out money out of nowhere without any restrictions
just because someone says he needs it.

Which company was it that got Kojima to his famous status and allowed him to do all of these things
until that point? It was Konami.
And then judging by the making of MGS V stuff and what they had to cut and what was missing ...
would the missing 15% of the content really change the game in terms of the ending or story?
No, i dont think so. The main core of the game would be exactly the same.
Some missing cutscenes and small playable parts cant change a game that is already 50 hours long.

And i bet thats why Konami was afraid of Silent Hills.
Because they just got MGS V out of the door and Kojima was already in full Kojima mode again,
inviting Hollywood actors, probably increasing the budget more than any SH game ever had before
and Konami simply decided that this path is gonna end now.

So i think this whole internet echo chamber thing about how Konami are the bad guys
and Kojima is a hero is bullshit.

We have been hearing these rumors for many years already. So I am not surprised. I would have been more surprised if these running gags would have turned out to be true.

Kojima was done with MGS since MGS 2 as he as stated in many interviews in that area. Unfortunatelly Konami forced him to make more games.
Well, also taking into account he got death threats...

His MGS got more weired with each entity. I mean seriously MGS is stealth game and not a base building game like Peace Walker and Grand Theft Metal Gear Solid AKA MGS 5.
Considering Big Boss creates a private army in the original MSX games, it felt it made sense in conjunction to that narrative.

If there is another MGS game and that's a big if I really hope that Kojima is not making it. At least for my as day fan of the MGS series Kojima is not able to make a good MGS anymore.
I guess Survive might be up your alley

No I am not into Surive. The classic MGS Games 1 to 3 are up to my ally. Everything that came after that is not interesting for me anymore.

Back