Taking a trip to Hong Kong.

B_Ren

Of Heavens
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Shenmue 1&2
Hi all, I will be taking a trip to Hong Kong soon and was wondering if anyone who has been there already can recommend places to go.

Currently on my list are:
Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade/ The Harbour
Go on the Star Ferry
The Peak
Lan Kwai Fong (For the bars and clubs)
Try the street food in Mong Kok
Wong Tai Sin Temple
Horse racing, don't know where yet!
Kam Shan (Monkey Hill)

Shenmue related:
Man Mo Temple
Kowloon and the Kowloon garden....why did they have to knock down the walled city!! :(
Aberdeen street
Wan Chai

I will be there for about 10 days so want to try and fit in as much as possible. Can't believe after all these years I get to see this amazing city. Any suggestions would be great :)

Solid list... could probably add Tian Tan Buddha. When are you going by the way? Guns N' Roses will be doing a couple of gigs there in November :p : http://gunsnroses.com/tour

Hi all, I will be taking a trip to Hong Kong soon and was wondering if anyone who has been there already can recommend places to go.

Currently on my list are:
Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade/ The Harbour
Go on the Star Ferry
The Peak
Lan Kwai Fong (For the bars and clubs)
Try the street food in Mong Kok
Wong Tai Sin Temple
Horse racing, don't know where yet!
Kam Shan (Monkey Hill)

Shenmue related:
Man Mo Temple
Kowloon and the Kowloon garden....why did they have to knock down the walled city!! :(
Aberdeen street
Wan Chai

I will be there for about 10 days so want to try and fit in as much as possible. Can't believe after all these years I get to see this amazing city. Any suggestions would be great :)

Read up on it; sure they could've cleaned it up but man, what a cesspool.

Ohhhhh! Have so much to recommend! Loooooove Hong Kong, hope to go back soon, lived there for over 3 years, been visiting on and off meantime/since.

HK actually have loads of nature reserves, so would definitely recommend a hike or two if you're up to it. The views are to die for. If you just want views and a short (but rather steep going!), go for Lion's Rock, situated just between Kowloon and the New Territories, so you'll see the Island and everything else (it's ridiculous, it makes the Peak trip look minuscule though I love that one too for the closeness to the buildings lights). If you're in for day then go for Ma On Shan, in the New Territories, would take the 299 bus from Sha Tin then get off at the nearest camping site and head up, takes about 3-4 hours and you'll end up in Sai Kung, a former fishing village, where you can have a fab lunch/early dinner the head back by mini-bus or taxi to the nearest MTR.

Speaking of MTR, get an Oyster card soon as you get there and top it up, you can use it on any transportation and often in kiosks or fast food joints like 7/11, MCdonalds and on vending machines (yeah!).

Any special interests or things you wanna do/like to do/eat/drink etc? Just ask!

Back