Sword and Fairy 7 - New Chinese RPG that should be on your radar.

Sergeynest

Keep your Mind as clear as a Polished Mirror.
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Plague of Tale Requiem
This game is the Seventh title in the Sword and Fairy series also popularly known as Chinese Paladin series.
Just like Shenmue this series is heavily inspired in Chinese Mythology and culture; one of the aspects why I love the series so much.
The graphics and the art style as well as the environments specially remind me of Shenmue 3.
The music is also one of the highlights of this game, being it also very similar to the music in the Shenmue series.
I've been following this game for quite some time and have even played the demo that is available on Steam and I can say that this game looks, sounds and plays amazingly well.
So; if you enjoy rpg's inspired in Chinese Mythology and Culture; I think you should definitely consider checking this game out; because in my opinion it will be one of the best games of the year.
The game already launched in the 15th of October but will only be available on Steam in the 22th of October; so there are already gameplay videos on youtube in case you want to check them out.

Title Music "Game Menu"

Sword and Fairy Seven Theme Song

I actually feel like i have three, four or five of these type of chinese games on my liste since 2016, 2017, 2018
or something like that but i'm never able to play them.
I'm a PS4 / PS5 player, so i would probably check these games out if i could but
most of the time when you google these games, it even says they will come out on PS4 or whatever
but then they dont and i dont know why.
Especially these chinese games seem to skip consoles constantly in general
or there isnt a english (worldwide) version.

I actually feel like i have three, four or five of these type of chinese games on my liste since 2016, 2017, 2018
or something like that but i'm never able to play them.
I'm a PS4 / PS5 player, so i would probably check these games out if i could but
most of the time when you google these games, it even says they will come out on PS4 or whatever
but then they dont and i dont know why.
Especially these chinese games seem to skip consoles constantly in general
or there isnt a english (worldwide) version.
I know that Sword and Fairy 6 came out on Ps4; but I know what you mean.
There are a lot of games like these that only come out on PC and most of them don't even come with english subtitles wich is a real shame because a lot of them are actually pretty good; some of them are even among the best games I've played recently like Faith of Danschant and Gujian 3.
I think that recently Chinese video game developers are among the very best worldwide and are starting to spark a lot of interest on western audiences specially since Black Myth Wukong was presented.
But it looks like things are starting to change and Chinese games are starting to release with english subtitles and maybe in the near future we will see these games being released on consoles as well.

Playing it, very comfy, modernized ps2 style of game, nice graphics.
I also played another chinese game called "the wind road", it had beautiful graphics, but bad performance (unity), and it had too many systems, very convoluted.
This one seems pretty straight forward.

Playing it, very comfy, modernized ps2 style of game, nice graphics.
I also played another chinese game called "the wind road", it had beautiful graphics, but bad performance (unity), and it had too many systems, very convoluted.
This one seems pretty straight forward.
So far I'm enjoying it a lot; the game is gorgeous to look at, the gameplay is nice and the story seems pretty interesting so far. The only complaint I have is that I chose the normal dificulty level and the enemies in the game world are very easy to defeat and only the Boss fights are challenging enough; apart from that I'm loving everything else.

I have started to play Sword and Fairy 7 on PC (about 6h) and so far I really like it

As Sergeynest said, it as some shenmue vibe in the music and the environement

If some of you are looking for a AA game, Action adventure i think you can go with this one
On PC with ray tracing on, it is a rather good loking game :)

It is a better entry than xuan yuan sword 7 in my opinion

I have started to play Sword and Fairy 7 on PC (about 6h) and so far I really like it

As Sergeynest said, it as some shenmue vibe in the music and the environement

If some of you are looking for a AA game, Action adventure i think you can go with this one
On PC with ray tracing on, it is a rather good loking game :)

It is a better entry than xuan yuan sword 7 in my opinion
Sword and Fairy 7/Together Forever is a fantastic game. I liked it better than Xuan Yuan 7 too. If you like these type of games check out:

Back