Suka Pass Version 1.9 Release: FREE MARKET

James Brown

Administrator
Promo Image With Animals GOT.png

Hey guys! A little earlier today myself and @Switch released Version 1.9 of Suka Pass - our unofficial fan-made Shenmue Passport application for iOS / Android devices. If you are new to Suka Pass you can follow the information from the following download links, or if you are a returning user, simply find the update either on your Google Play Store, or via Test Flight for iOS.

You can read more about the latest release here: https://www.sukapass.com/2023/05/release-version-19-is-now-available.html

This latest update restores the Free Market and we have come up with a concept to bring back it's functionality in a touch screen app. Originally you would need to collect one of four items, Cherry, Mini Pool, Mini Slot Game, Mini Jukebox, all of which were rewards from getting Jackpots on the various Slot Machines. Cherry on the 1 bet machines, Pool from 5 bet machines, Slot from 10 bet, and Jukebox from the big 20 bet. Once collected you would connect to the online Passport with your Dreamcast, head into the Free Market and trade the prize for one of Oishi's animal toys. This would be the only way to receive one of the animal toys in your collection on Shenmue 1 Dreamcast. The 2018 release of Shenmue 1 & 2 made these animal toys instantly available in Ryo's collection, which actually surprised me that they had remembered that these were unobtainable otherwise.

So that's the backstory on the original Dreamcast, but now in 2023 for your mobile device, you can now experience this feature, albeit with a change in the way to earn the prizes!

Free_Market_Tutorial.png

Within Suka Pass you are now rewarded for your exploration! We have hidden 17 of the Capsule prizes (originally earnt from playing Slot Machines) all around various sections of the application. We have some attached to specific features, and some attached to more obvious locations relating to the type of item you are earning...think Pool within Shenmue for finding some of these for instance!

After finding a prize, head into the Free Market section, and you can trade for the animal toy of your choosing, as long as the table cloth matches the type of prize you are trading (look at the prize board behind Oishi to confirm!).

IMG_1095.jpg

A handy award will be earnt below the animal toy you have already collected. Try and collect all 17 animals!

Because this is a brand new feature, we don't want to spoil the location of all of the hidden prizes, but we thought it would be cool to set up a bit of a guide within this topic as and when people find them. The guide will be spoiler tagged so you can expand and cheat if you want, but it will only be completed based on you guy's finds! So comment below the location of the prize that you find and we will update this top post with the spoiler for everyone else :)

Cherry:
  1. TBC
  2. TBC
  3. TBC
  4. TBC
  5. TBC
  6. TBC
  7. TBC
  8. TBC
Mini Pool:
  1. TBC
  2. TBC
  3. TBC
  4. TBC
  5. TBC
  6. TBC
Mini Slot Game:
  1. TBC
  2. TBC
Mini Jukebox:
  1. TBC

Hope everyone enjoys the update! :) You can also view a Video Overview I put together on YouTube if you are interested in seeing the app in action.

Again view sukapass.com for more information on how to download!

Almost there! Hope the mini slots don't give you too hard a time😇

A week to go to enter the draw for the medallion!

Give us a shout if you need assistance on finding those elusive last few capsule toys...

This is harder than finding chobo and haka-chans! o_O:LOL:

I still have a lot to collect. I haven't given up yet. 7 of 17. Cherries 6/8, Mini Pool 1/6

Any hint for more Mini Pools? :D

Any hint for more Mini Pools? :D

The hint @James Brown and I can give is to visit any areas of the app that are related to pool tables in Shenmue 👀 (also try tapping around).

In general the type of capsule toy you are looking found can be places associated in some way with that particular type. Most are actually not that hidden away!😋

Last edited:
I found 15 out of 17. Оnly missing a jukebox and one mini darts. :LOL: Your hints was very helpfull. Unfortunately, I've run out of ideas.

Jukebox must be in the music section, right? :smilecat:

EDIT: Only one slot machine left. So lame to finish on 16/17. :ROFLMAO:

EDIT2: Found them all! I hope the mail was send because my phone gives me some "low space" errors sometimes. :smileycat:

Last edited:
EDIT2: Found them all! I hope the mail was send because my phone gives me some "low space" errors sometimes. :smileycat:
Nice going on finding them all! (We reply back to every email entry so if you got a reply you're good to go!)

We have really been impressed with everyone's efforts to find all the toys! We'll have more information to follow on the medallion draw.

Even after the end of the competition, the capsule toy hunt will stay in the app so everyone can try their hand at finding them all.

Back