Suikoden is back

It's been delayed for the time being, without announcing a release window.

This kind of sucks but I still prefer a technically solid release instead of a buggy experience.

I have the original versions still in working order but I am still glad there is going to be a remaster. It is a good way to preserve these old games and introduce them to a different generation of gamers. I will also purchase the remasters when they are available for game preparation purposes. My old retro consoles are not going to last forever.

I have the original versions still in working order but I am still glad there is going to be a remaster. It is a good way to preserve these old games and introduce them to a different generation of gamers. I will also purchase the remasters when they are available for game preparation purposes. My old retro consoles are not going to last forever.
Same here! I love the series and was bummed when it seemed to fade away. I think I played every entry.

Really looking forward to have an updated, convenient way to play them on modern systems! Hopefully we can get the rest after we get 1-2, but we'll see.

Yes, I hope so too. Would be really great if we could get the PS2 Suikoden games as well. I have to admit that I have just played the PS1 Suikoden games. I have somehow missed the PS2 ones. I only have Japanese ps2 in my collection so I cannot play them because my Japanese skils are not advanced enough. A new release of these games for modern hardware would be awesome.

Yes, I hope so too. Would be really great if we could get the PS2 Suikoden games as well. I have to admit that I have just played the PS1 Suikoden games. I have somehow missed the PS2 ones. I only have Japanese ps2 in my collection so I cannot play them because my Japanese skils are not advanced enough. A new release of these games for modern hardware would be awesome.
Admittedly, Suikoden I and II are my LEAST played. I got them well after the fact and, having never had a PS1 during it's heyday, my backlog remains huge. I played a little, but didn't get too far.

So with that, I'm REALLY looking forward to remasters, especially if they add some QoL updates.

On the other hand, I had a PS2/DS, and I played a good chunk of III, IV, V, Tactics, and Tierkreis. I made it pretty far into V and Tierkreis, and I know for sure I beat IV and Tactics multiple times... for whatever reason, I adore IV, even though I know it's considered the weakest by far. Just something about the feel and setting, and Tactics really fills out the story nicely.

And Snowe's story arc is fabulous.

I've been wondering what was up with this lately, what with Eiyuden getting closer to its release window. I hate that all these announcements are made through twitter, but at least now I know it's delayed. Kind of expect it to just be canned at this point. I would still be more likely to play the originals on real hardware, but I was looking forward to this as an opportunity to introduce it to a new generation of fans. Suikoden has become fairly unknown in the last 10-15 years, I feel.

It's not a particularly popular opinion, but Suikoden III is actually my favorite in the series, so I would really like to have that one rereleased on modern systems. I don't like to play them in English anymore, and my Japanese PS2s are out of commission. :(

Has there been any update on this? I hope they’ve not shelved it. I’ve played them all plenty, since I got the first one for a fiver in the late 90s. I’m pretty much not really interested in updated graphics or whatever, they’re perfect as they are in my view, but I’ll buy it immediately when it comes out.

@Rydeen it’s not my favourite one, but I agree Suikoden III is great - wishy washy combat, but that doesn’t spoil it at all. Also you can (or could, I’m not sure nowadays) get it on the PS3 PlayStation store if that’s an option for you to re-play it. Unpopular opinion as well, some days IV is my favourite one, although I love all of em.

Last edited:
Yeah, I’ve not got a particularly good feeling about it. Although wasn’t it originally due out in November? That’s not that long ago I suppose…

sadly, Yoshitaka Murayama, creator of the Suikoden Series has passed away. He will not get to see the release of Eiyuden Chronicles.

Back