Steelrising

Favourite title
Shenmue
Comes out on September 8th 2022 for PS5/PS4, Xbox Series/One & Steam PC. Interesting concept, not 100% sure what I'd be willing to pay for it though.

Anyone else interested or getting this?

Yes I ammmmm

Or kinda

Because in steam, in the label says "soulslike" soooo not my type

But if its not, I want it!

It is souls like. I'm about 4 hours in. I cannot recommend it so far. Will update when I complete and see if my opinion changes.
Yeah I saw. Fucking hell, all the games nowadays are soulslike.

Yeah I saw. Fucking hell, all the games nowadays are soulslike.
It does have the ability to turn the difficulty level down, and it even has God Mode built in on the console version. I don't like souls like games myself partially cause I don't enjoy the difficulty, but even with the difficulty turned way down the story isn't doing it for me. I'm 100% story based with video games too.

Will report when I finish it on my final thoughts.

@Sput Vas Normandy

I completed Steelrising in 6 hours and 24 minutes for the story. I skipped all side missions as I didn't really think they were worth the time given how lackluster the story mode is. I played the entire game with God Mode turned on because the difficulty was very off putting, especially with the janky controls.

I do not recommend Steelrising. It was not worth what I paid for it, even at the deep discount price I paid. The story was not deep enough or fleshed out enough given the opportunity they had to make something really special. The game didn't make me care about a single character at any point throughout the game, including Aegis the main character. The difficulty is absurd, and even on easy its not pleasant to play. The only redeeming thing about this game is the setting of 1789 France, the concept of the game in general with the automats and the main character being designed as a dancing robot turned into a weapon. The general gist of it is interesting but nothing even comes close to what the trailers show in terms of the game feeling like anything above being just 'okay'. Albeit not very much flash, its all flash, no substance. 6/10 'Fair' rating.

While it's not as bad/boring as Dark Souls, Demon Souls or Bloodborne given the concept and content being something fresh, it is still poorly executed. I would skip this one unless you're heavily into French history or culture, or maybe if you're just curious make sure to set your expectations really low. Even then I'd only recommend it on Game Pass, PS Plus or if it's on sale for $10.

Back