SPOILERS Shenmue The Animation Episode 8 "Aspiration" Thread

On Instagram some people had doubts about this and I started to wonder if the scene is in the game or not. I agree, awesome job, love it, thank you.
Haha! Yeh, it's so good that it does make you second guess if it's in the game. Especially with Shenmue, when we are still seeing new scenes in the game after 20 years :D

I'd love to see the scenes of the Anime recreated for the Phoenix Version of the game that Lemon and the team are making! They could use the voices from the anime and everything.
The real dream is that we get a Shenmue the Animation season 2 which fleshes out Shenmue 3's story/characters etc, and we get that modded into the Shenmue 3. It will add so much to the game and would really help expand on the story that's there.

Haha! Yeh, it's so good that it does make you second guess if it's in the game. Especially with Shenmue, when we are still seeing new scenes in the game after 20 years :D

I'd love to see the scenes of the Anime recreated for the Phoenix Version of the game that Lemon and the team are making! They could use the voices from the anime and everything.
The real dream is that we get a Shenmue the Animation season 2 which fleshes out Shenmue 3's story/characters etc, and we get that modded into the Shenmue 3. It will add so much to the game and would really help expand on the story that's there.

A lot of scenes in the first game is easy to miss like Nozomi's flowers scene with Ryo and Ine-san, Naoyuki and Ichiro visiting Ryo in the Hazuki Residence and much more, i'm not sure if Shenmue II have a lot of scenes like this as well so when i saw the post i started to wonder if the scene is in the game or not.

I love your ideas for the Phoenix Version and the mods for Shenmue III after a second season of the anime. Like i said in other threads it is clear to me that Yu Suzuki wanted to do more with the game, i think he had many problems in the development of the game. Yu-san even said "Baisha will show off what Shenmue III is all about" but Baisha is not in the game, so it would be so beautiful if we get a second season of the anime where we can see more scenes in Bailu and Niaowu, more development for the side characters in Niaowu, Baisha in the story and much more.

I love Shenmue III i just think that some things could have been better like more scenes and story with the side characters in Niaowu and other things. A second season of the anime would be a perfect opportunity to make Shenmue III story even better.

Last edited:
I am wondering if they will somehow change Kowloon to represent the real Kowloon (which supposedly is just across the bridge from Hong Kong City), maybe they intend to keep more of the action in Hong Kong with a small segment of the yellow heads, Yuanda Zhu being held in Kowloon. If you remember on Workers Pier, Yuanda Zhus old office was located there.
Yeah, this idea also crossed my mind. It would be intelligent to save some time by treating Kowloon as what it actually was, another borough of Hong Kong.

They could avoid making a big deal of Ryo travelling to another "location", saying farewell and all that. And they could integrate and remix the main Kowloon events with the Wan Chai ones.

After the fast forward nature of the first few episodes in Yokosuka, I'm really enjoying the slower pace and character development of the past few episodes.

I really hope this gets a longer run for the second season.

Top notch.

My Analysis of episode 8 is now on the blog of the Dojo.

1648737740317.png

Back