SPOILERS Shenmue The Animation Episode 6 "Dignified" Thread

What was the point of his bag being stolen, if nothing of value or concern was in it, and why did he suddenly care about getting it back
Nothing of monetary value perhaps.

I took his decision to pursue it as the manifestation of his resolve not to accept a raw deal/the law of the land as Joy had described to him and the newfound perspective that martial arts aren't about inflicting harm but (imo at least) about protecting what's important.

To act without hesitation, to do what is right.

I have some tiny gripes about certain story beats but this didn't bother me at all.

I really like the artistic design of Kowloon in Shenmue 2.
I love S2's Kowloon but it would be cool if they went for a more authentic representation of the Walled City. It'd be nice to keep a dilapidated colosseum-style location, though, just because it looks really cool.

I'm no expert but I think some of the interiors in S2 Kowloon are sort of accurate, while the spacious outdoor areas, Dragon St, etc. seem way off.

I'm no expert but I think some of the interiors in S2 Kowloon are sort of accurate, while the spacious outdoor areas, Dragon St, etc. seem way off.
If you ever look at old blueprints, you can see how well the interior designers did for Shenmue 2:

1-s2.0-S0264837718301340-gr3_lrg.jpg
I pulled this example from Asian Urbanization: A Hong Kong Casebook by DJ Dwyer. It's easy to picture this Mark IV residential building layout in green on the Shenmue 2 minimap.

Back