Spoiler bbcode doesn't work

@Mattis

I would be expecting spoiler code to work, yet it doesn't... here's some text enclosed in spoiler bbcode (which will probably not be visible at all):
You don't see the spoiler at the moment, but if I click the edit button I get the bbcode and contents of the spoiler in the line above, which is this: [SPOILER="See this?! No? Shame..."][/SPOILER]

Last edited:
Spoiler code works fine, it just needs to be formatted like this: [SPOILER]See this?! Yes? Hooray![/SPOILER]
See this?! Yes? Hooray!

Or like this if you want custom text on the button: [SPOILER="Custom Button Text"]See this?! Yes? Hooray![/SPOILER]
See this?! Yes? Hooray!

I think what you may be doing is typing your text into the 'Spoiler Title' field. That text box is for the custom button text and not the actual content of the spoiler. Therefore your spoilers don't show up because they're empty. Next time, leave the textbox blank and then fill your text in with the editor.

Last edited:
I think what you may be doing is typing your text into the 'Spoiler Title' field. That text box is for the custom button text and not the actual content of the spoiler. Therefore your spoilers don't show up because they're empty. Next time, leave the textbox blank and then fill your text in with the editor.
Yes, you're right. I jumped the gun on this one. Thanks for the explanation.
...it does work! What an idiot...

Back