SILENT HILL 2 REMAKE IS COMING!

It seems Konami are really starting to cash in on their old games library. Suikoden 1 & 2 are coming to modern hardware, now SH2.

While SH2 probably was my second favorite game on PS2, after Persona 4, back in the day, I think it has kind of reached "archive status " for me. Just like Final Fantasy 7 which I thought was a good game back in the 90s I don't feel any need to replay those old games again.

Reactions: red
Yeah man. I clicked on the video expecting some sort of Unreal Engine demo made by someone in Russia or someplace, hiding the word “Concept” until the very end of the video’s title. It wasn’t until people from Konami showed up in the video that I believed it.

They're bringing Silent Hill back from the dead through various projects, including a new film!
Awesome news overall. I hope the results live up to our expectations.

I think its still good to keep in mind that none of these announced Silent Hill projects
are actual Konami in house made projects.
All of these are projects / games / ideas pitched to Konami by other companies.
Not that this a negative or positive point,
but this is not really a "Konami is back" situation. Konami isnt doing any of this with their own teams.
It wasnt even Konamis idea to remake Silent Hill 2, it was Blooper Team who asked Konami.

Does Konami even make games anymore? I thought they went for the pachinko market, or some such BS, a while back?

At this point, I might be more worried if they actually handled the SH production in-house...

After hearing the SH rumors for many years now the so called insiders were either right after all or everything is just a plain coincidence. We will probably never know.

Anyway I am rather indifferent towards the news. I do not think Blubber studios is horrible studio The Medium was a decent 7.5/10 game for me and they might make a decent remake as well. But i doubt it will be as good as the original.

At least for my taste remakes never turn out as good as the original. The only acception for that rule is the glorious RE Remake for the Gamecube.

Other remakes tend to take away stuff that made the original great in order to cater modern gaming sensebilities. Or they remade some the soundtrack ( I mean the RE 2 Remake) and use a new one that is way inferior.

Or they butcher the cut scenes to make game looking for cooler like they did in the MGS 1 Remake the Twin Snakes.

I am not saying that most remakes are bad. They are decent remakes very often but they never surpass the orginals.

Back