Should we have made our own Shenmue Recap?

Mojito

Account Removed at Users Request
Have anyone here had the thought of making a recap of what has happened in the Shenmue story this far? I dont know how the S3 intro will be, but i think it would be really cool if thw Shenmue community directed some sortof recap of the story from a serious perspective, with James as our David Attenbrough offcourse!

When i try and show people some movies from shenmue then there is a lot wich have focus on the stupid stuff ( some bad voiceactors, sailors, being slow etc etc).

If we could bring a movie to the newcomers what Shenmue 1 and 2 was in its pure core then we could proberly get more people to the dojo, and most likely help people who sit on the fence to join us in the cave...

I believe S3 can be quite hard for the average guy to get into! In s2 we got the the movie from s1, but lets be honest! It was too long for a teenager to watch! Ive seen streams of people going straight into S2, lose the mirror and say "wtf is the phenix mirror? Who cares"...

We do got S1&2 hd offcourse, but there will be a significant portion of people who will here about S3 on the day of the release and will skip 1&2... if we give them a pure movie, from the community, to the newcommers then there might be a chance they will like s3 and on a later point go back to buy the HD...

Any thoughts?

Somebody made a hi-res version of Shenmue The Movie (the Shenmue 1 cutscene compilation that came on DVD with Shenmue 2 on Xbox) and then made their own equivalent for Shenmue 2. So there's that.

But my personal favorite video for capturing the essence, if not the detail, of the story so far is this one:

Back