Shenmue World Issue 2 Kickstarter!

^^^ Yes. I'm in Boston, Mass, USA. I opened my mailbox this afternoon and wept. Royal Mail! My neighbor asked if I was okay. I slowly slid to the ground. Trying to catch my breath. A distant siren. I know inside this dream-box, still held tightly to my chest, is only like the moon's reflection in clear waters. I don't really need to open it to be happy. I am staring at the ceiling of the ambulance. The paramedic is taking my phone.

Thank you so so much for bringing this beautiful project together. It's really unbelievable. I bow before the master. I also start to tear up whenever I look at my Shenmue World Magazines. No joke. It's something else.

Got mine, the bailu art cards are so beautiful, everything is so wonderful and well made, loved it. Shenmue World is a wonderful project, thanks James and everyone involved in this project.

@James Brown thanks for everything you do for the Shenmue community, and thanks for believing in me about me being part of the staff here in the Dojo, i will always be grateful for everything. 💚

IMG_5377.jpg

IMG_5378.jpg

Thank you so so much for bringing this beautiful project together. It's really unbelievable. I bow before the master. I also start to tear up whenever I look at my Shenmue World Magazines. No joke. It's something else.
This is super humbling to hear...thank you so much for your beautiful comment! :)

Got mine, the bailu art cards are so beautiful, everything is so wonderful and well made, loved it. Shenmue World is a wonderful project, thanks James and everyone involved in this project.

@James Brown thanks for everything you do for the Shenmue community, and thanks for believing in me about me being part of the staff here in the Dojo, i will always be grateful for everything. 💚

View attachment 16777

View attachment 16778
Hiki, it's an absolute pleasure! You produce some excellent, passionate Shenmue content and are one of the kindest people I know! Thank you for the lovely message about the magazine, comments like these drive me to push forward into the next issue, and the next Shenmue project to work on! Much appreciated :)

I'm gonna check with USPS mine been stuck sitting in Chicago since July 31st.

Similar to @You Arcade Clerk , life with kids makes my personal time so precious that I need to be in the right mood/peace of mind to lose myself in my hobbies.

That said, I'm finally cracking open volume 1 now and am floored by the quality/quantity already. @James Brown this is really something else, thank you (and of course everyone who contributed) so much.

1660218275514640100325316253890.jpg

Ps. Yes, I am hard at work as well :innocent:

Received my package roughly a week ago (issues 1 + 2), but still have to open it.

I'm one of those 'wait for the perfect moment' people.

Looking forward to it, though.
So uhh, yeah, that took longer than expected lol.

IMG-20221226-183141-1624.jpg

Timing just never felt right, but now the family dinners are done and I've got some time for myself.
Watching the Shenmue Online History Xmas Special and finally unpacked the magazine that's absolutely packed with goodies!

About to browse through both issues, so definitely a good Christmas moment for myself here :).

Happy Holidays, everybody!

So uhh, yeah, that took longer than expected lol.

IMG-20221226-183141-1624.jpg

Timing just never felt right, but now the family dinners are done and I've got some time for myself.
Watching the Shenmue Online History Xmas Special and finally unpacked the magazine that's absolutely packed with goodies!

About to browse through both issues, so definitely a good Christmas moment for myself here :).

Happy Holidays, everybody!
That photo is fantastic! Thanks so much for that :)

It seems like that time of year where anticipation grows as to an announcement of Shenmue World #3…

I know you are likely very busy but I hope you will be able to continue these magazines which, other than the games themselves, are the best Shenmue stuff to look forward to.

Wow, has it been a year already since the Issue #2 Kickstarter?! Blimey. Yeah, can't wait for Issue #3. I had an idea for an article, but i'm not very confident about it at the moment (perhaps something for issue #4?!)

It seems like that time of year where anticipation grows as to an announcement of Shenmue World #3…

I know you are likely very busy but I hope you will be able to continue these magazines which, other than the games themselves, are the best Shenmue stuff to look forward to.
That's so kind of you to say! We're definitely bringing a third issue out at some point...I have original intentions of creating a series of 10 in total, but you're right about time constraints for sure! I'm just at the tail end of a University degree that is one of my primary focus's so I feel like once that is all over and done with and out of my way (around the middle of May), then it will be full steam ahead on Issue 3. So thank you so much for your patience :)

That's so kind of you to say! We're definitely bringing a third issue out at some point...I have original intentions of creating a series of 10 in total, but you're right about time constraints for sure! I'm just at the tail end of a University degree that is one of my primary focus's so I feel like once that is all over and done with and out of my way (around the middle of May), then it will be full steam ahead on Issue 3. So thank you so much for your patience :)
can't wait for it

Back