Shenmue World Issue 1 Kickstarter!

Man, this is just great.

Seems like the magazine has a megafan

I didn't participate in the creation of this product, but even I was really moved to see Yu-San holding it. I can barely imagine your excitement and feeling seeing this for those who worked on it ! Beautiful.

I didn't participate in the creation of this product, but even I was really moved to see Yu-San holding it. I can barely imagine your excitement and feeling seeing this for those who worked on it ! Beautiful.
This is great; seeing Yu Suzuki with the Shenmue World Magazine in hand makes me feel that it will boost his confidence and will inspire him even more to make Shenmue 4 a reality.

This is great; seeing Yu Suzuki with the Shenmue World Magazine in hand makes me feel that it will boost his confidence and will inspire him even more to make Shenmue 4 a reality.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it warmed his heart and made him even more motivated for Shenmue IV ! Go Yu Suzuki, we're with you !

Oh Wow! What an achievement guys and gals! Certainly made me smile this morning. If anything I bet this will inspire him even more to push forward with the series!
And it looks good when presenting the series to publishers, showing that the fanbase still has their spark! ;)

I got mine! And it was amazing! And, Yu got his copy! I wish I could understand what he is saying! this is great!
He just said, "thank you to all the fans for the constant support!"

Thanks for all the replies guys, it totally was a bucket list type of thing, never in my wildest dreams! But I completely agree, hopefully with that smile it brought to his face it shows how vocal we all are still and gives him a bit of a morale boost towards Shenmue 4! :)

Seen a couple of comments about when the next issue would be done, and because of the amount of work involved in not just the creation, but the production and shipping i've decided to go yearly. So expect Issue 2 around the same time this year. Let me know what you particularly liked in Issue 1 you'd like to see more of in the future! And always accepting fan art...if anyone follows Twitter, there's been a wealth of amazing art...i'm sure the fans try to out-do each other haha...seems to be getting better, and more constant :eek:

In regards to digital files, i've got all of the orders still yet to be "delivered" on my tracking app, so i'm waiting until 99.9% of backers have their physicals before proceeding with digital distribution, and ultimately available publically to read on the Dojo for sure :)

Thanks everyone!

For suggestions, I think it would be really cool if the next issue and onwards their be more art included in the zine in general!
Also maybe you could suggest themes or prompts each year for artists to get more involved in the zine.
For example: fashion, winter, etc!

If I may also suggest: in the absence of an official strategy guide, please do continue with the side quest solutions for Shenmue 3. Some of us (i.e. me) can't figure them all out because we're complete smegheads.

I just received my copy today, it's absolutely incredible work! I'm loving all the goodies that come with it. Thanks James for responding to my twitter message so quickly, and allowing me the chance to get a copy after I missed the kickstarter.
I got home late today; it's been a very long day at work and I had to go out afterward. I put up an awkward live unboxing on my twitter, which I may possibly regret come morning, as I am slightly inebriated during the unboxing 😅.
Still, I felt I had to do it!
Anyway, I cannot wait to check it out properly!

Attachments

• 20210407_222215.jpg
    20210407_222215.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
As you make issue 2, is there any chance for a reprint of issue 1 (asking just in case it is more feasible for you to print more of 1 at the same time as 2 with your printer/manufacturer)? :)

Either way, can you remind us how we can pre-order issue 2?

Thanks!

so nothing from the anime people. hmm.

would be cool to get our hands on something from Yu never before seen about shenmue to put in it. And, you did say Yu got a copy right? I wonder what he may have thought about it. And, yes I wanna back this one. so ya know if ya remember I had problems paying with my card as it kept declining.

so perhaps look into allowing people to use Kickstarter and https://backerkit.com/

Back