Shenmue The Animation S01E12 Guidepost - Analysis

Welcome to my Shenmue anime Analysis, this time for EP12 Guidepost, this Analysis will have SPOILERS of the anime and the games.

Ryo.jpg

The beginning of the episode is a recap of what happened in the ending of EP11, Wong running away from the Yellow Head member, finding Joy, Joy helping him escape with her motorcycle, Wong telling for Joy what he heard, that the Yellow Heads got Ryo and Ren under surveillance, that they know everything. We see Ryo and Ren trying to find Yuanda Zhu, the duo enter in a room but Yuanda Zhu is not there, Dou Niu arrive there.

Ryo and Ren go out of the room and Dou Niu is right in front of them, the scene ends like this. As far as i remember this is the first time in the season that a episode began with a recap of the previous episode like this, maybe the anime team did this because of budget, but i remember that some animes do short recaps like this in every episode, it is not something rare for anime to do this as far as i remember, maybe in this case was because of budget, i don’t know but i understand.

Joy stop the motorcycle and ask if Wong is sure about what he heard, Wong say positive, that they been keeping tabs on them this whole time, then Joy ask what Wong will do about it, Wong say he will help them, Joy say that she already told him before, that they don't stand a chance against these people, to just let it go. Wong go out of the motorcycle and say he want to change, and that to tell the truth he hate living like this.

Wong.jpg

We see flashback of wong robbing people and robbing food, he say that he slave away by stealing over and over, but that doesn't guarantee there is food on his plate the next day, that school was never an option for him and so neither was a real job, that he constantly fed himself the same excuse that this is just the way life is when you don't have any parents. Wong continue... Wong say that everything changed when he met Ryo, that he realized that nothing is set in stone like that, that if he just do something, anything, to help Ryo out then he get the feeling that he will change.

Wong say that he will go help Ryo with or without Joy and start to run away, Joy looks sad while seeing Wong leaving. I love this part so much, we see character development for Wong, Wong saying that he want to change, that he hate living robbing people and that he will try to help the duo is a big character development, Wong really changed after meeting Ryo, loved that and i love the interactions of Wong with Joy, Ryo and the other characters, really beautiful and emotional.

Yellow Head Building, Kowloon

We see a nice shot of Kowloon and the Yellow Head Building, after that inside of the Yellow Head Building, Dou Niu laugh and Ren say to forget about Dou Niu, that they need to find Yuanda Zhu, Ryo agree with that, Dou Niu try to punch them but the duo dodge and begin to run away, Dou Niu say "Pesky little rats" and begin to run to catch the duo.

The duo arrive in a place where there is a hole, they see a board connecting to the other side, Ren say he will go first, he managed to arrive on the other side, Ryo begin to cross the board while Dou Niu is running and getting closer to them, Dou Niu say "Get back here" but Ryo managed to arrive on the other side, after that Ren kick the board and Dou Niu almost fall in the hole, Ren say that Dou Niu is stupid, for him to just try leaping over that if he is so desperate. Dou Niu gets angry and say for the duo to fight like men, Ren say "Let's get moving" Ryo agree and the duo run away. Really nice to see board moment in the anime in some way, loved it.

In the next scene we see Joy stoping her motorcycle near the Come Over Guest hotel, the hotel where she indicated for Ryo in other episode. Joy look at the window of the hotel and a flashback begin, Joy remember a lot of moments with Ryo, when she met Ryo, other time when she interrupted a fight to help Ryo, she also remember when Ryo thanked her for the hotel and when he said his name for her, and the last moment Joy remember is when Ryo said that he cant abide by that until his accomplished his goal, that he came to Hong Kong to make that happen.

Joy.jpg

The flashback ends and we see how meeting Ryo had a impact on Joy emotionally, it is wonderful to see Joy getting expanded in this scene. The member of The Yellow Head that was searching for her appear again and said for the other goons to go after her, then Joy go away with her motorcycle.

A man with a bicycle was passing near the Yellow head members, one of them stop the bicycle and yelled for the man to fork it over, the man got scared with that. In the next scene with see that Wong is running to go to the Yellow Head building to help the duo, Joy appear and say for Wong to get on the motorcycle, Wong say okay and got on the motorcycle, Wong ask what Joy is doing there and if she changed her mind.

Joy respond only in his dreams, that Wong got all those goons riled up and now they are even after her. They see the Yellow Head member getting closer to them with the bicycle. Joy say for Wong that she don't have a choice, she have to go with him now, Wong laugh and Joy go away from the Yellow Heads member with her motorcycle.

We see character development for Joy here, meeting Ryo made an impact in her life and Joy changed after meeting Ryo, her decision to help is not just because of Wong, deep down she wants to help Ryo and Ren as well, beautiful character development for Wong and for Joy, both changed after meeting Ryo, Ryo made an beautiful impact in Wong and Joy, i love how the anime expanded Wong story and Joy story, these things don't have in the game, it is beautiful to see more stories about the characters i love, this is one of the beautiful things about the anime, loved it.

WongandJoy.jpg

Joy ask for Wong how he will get inside of the Yellow Head Building, Wong respond that he will try to find a good spot to sneak in somewhere, Joy say that she really doubt a spur-of-the-moment plan like that will work well, Joy also said that she will keep them occupied for a while, for Wong to use that chance to search for Ryo and Ren. Wong agree and Joy tell her plan for Wong, Joy say that she will tell that he is his baby brother and for him to just play along until both gotten inside, Wong made a worried face and say "Wha...?" and the scene ends.

In the next scene we see Ryo and Ren continue their search for Yuanda Zhu, Ren say that they just gonna have to search as they go, the duo climb a ladder and Yuan appear with a chainsaw, Yuan say "Why hello boys" Ren say "Here comes trouble" and Yuan use the comunication radio to talk to other member of the Yellow Heads, Yuan say for the other member to tell Master Dou Niu that cornered the pair of annoying rats.

Yuan say for the duo that this is the end of the road. Yuan turn on the chainsaw and try to attack Ryo but he managed to dodge, Ren say to run for it and the duo run away, Yuan say that they won't get far and start to follow them. While they were running two members of the Yellow Heads running at them but the duo bests them.

Ryo and Ren continue to run, Yuan yell for them to get back there. Yuan was getting near them but Ryo kick the beams holding a damaged section of walls in place, collapsing a barrier between them, Yuan fall on the ground and say that Ryo and Ren are dirty rats, and that was a cheap move, after that Ryo and Ren made a high five to comemorate what happened and then they continue to run, this high five of Ryo with Ren is in the game as well so it is really nice to see here in the anime, nice detail.

Kowloon.jpg

In the next scene we see a shot of Kowloon and the Yellow Head building, Joy and Wong arriving in the Yellow Heads building, Wong and Joy run to try to enter the building but 2 members stop them and ask what Joy and Wong want there, Joy ask if they are in with the Yellow Heads, one of them say "What's it to you?" and Joy respond to let their boss know that he got a visitor. To tell him it's Chun's daughter, from the White Thai, after Joy said that Wong is surprised and the member of Yellow Heads as well.

We go back to the Yuan situation, Dou Niu is angry and kick the barrier away, Yuan say "Master Dou Niu! My hero!" and Dou Niu say that this is a mess, Yuan is still on the ground and say "Please forgive me." Someone is in the comunication radio and Yuan ask what is it, and one member say that they got trouble.

WhiteThai.jpg

In the next scene we see Joy and Wong sitting and waiting in a room, Wong say for Joy that this charade will not work, that he is just a kid and even he heard that name, a flashback of the White Thai begin and Wong continue... he say that Ten years back, the White Thai was a giant syndicate that had total control over the gambling scene in Hong Kong, and the hired muscle that took care of all their dirty deeds were Dou Niu and his goons.

The flashback end, Wong say that rumor is that the Yellow Heads betrayed the top brass and sold them out to a rival gang, and that using that name there definitely isn't gonna end well. Joy say to spare her the history lesson, that now it's time for Wong to go look for Ryo and Ren.

Wong ask how and that if he get caught snooping then they are all screwed, Joy say that there is more than one way to get around and she look at the air ducts on the wall, Wong look as well.

We back to the Yuan situation, Yuan is talking on the comunicator radio with another member, Yuan say "Chun's daughter? After all these years? The timing couldn't be worse! Is she trying to sabotage our deal with the Chi You Men?!" and then Yuan ask for Dou Niu what they we do about that.

Dou Niu respond that there is no need for them to deal with her now and to lock her up somewhere, Yuan say for Dou Niu "As you wish" and the scene ends. I love the details about Chun's daughter and the flashback of White Thai, this don't have the game, it is beautiful to see the story getting expanded this way.

In the next scene we see Ryo and Ren running, Ren stop and say that it almost feels too quiet now and Ryo agree. Ren say that now is their chance, that is time to track down Yuanda Zhu.

Ren.jpg

Ren is with the comunication radio and they hear Yuan's voice saying for everyone to listen up, that Chun of the White Thai has a daughter who just showed up at the Yellow Head Building, for Lu Zhang to lock her in the basement cell, and for the other members to hurry up and catch those meddlesome rats before the guest arrive. Ryo say "Let's go" but Ren say to wait, Ryo ask what's wrong and Ren ask himself if Yuan was serious about Chun's daughter being there, Ryo ask what about it, Ren say he know Chun's daughter, that Chun's daughter is Joy. It is nice to see Ren worried about Joy like this, loved it.

Back in the room we see Joy alone, some member of the Yellow Heads enter the room, one of the members say for Joy that she is coming with them, Joy is with her eyes closed and didn't talked with them, the member ask where is her brother, she respond "Suppose he went to take a piss" the member of the Yellow Heads grab Joy arm and say "Don't give me that bullshit!" after this Joy grab his arm and say "Don't think you can push me around because i'm a lady!" and then Master Baihu arrive in the room. He walk in a slow way and say that he do not want to harm her, for her to just do as told. Joy say "And what if i don't want to?" after that Master Baihu start to be faster and hit Joy, she fell unconscious on the ground.

One of the members say to lock Joy up in the basement, and the other say that her brother slipped away and to find him. Back with the duo, Ryo ask for Ren why Joy is there, Ren don't know, Ren say "Remember what Yuan said? Yuan told them to lock her up in the basement" and Ryo say "Then we go there!" and the scene ends. We see 4 members of the Yellow Heads searching, 2 of them went to the lower floors, and the other 2 upstairs.

Wong is hiding and saw everything, Wong say that is awesome, that Ryo and Ren haven't been caught yet, we see a rat passing near Wong, Wong say that Joy was right, he won't get caught moving through there, Wong keep moving and is in doubt about which way to go, he choose a way and see a air duct passage with light, he say that this looks promising. He open the passage and fall on the ground of the room and hurted a little.

YuandaZhuWong.jpg

Wong see Yuanda Zhu and sah "Wh-What the...?" and Yuanda Zhu say that he didn't realize the Yellow Heads were recuiting children so young, Wong say that he is not one of the Yellow Heads. Wong ask... "Who even are you?" and he respond... "My name is Yuanda Zhu." Wong is surprised, Wong say "The real deal?!" and Yuanda Zhu respond that this is a strange thing for a kid to say, Wong say that his buddy Ryo is here, that they can get him out, outside of the room Yuan ask how are the things with Yuanda Zhu, one of the member say no problems about that.

Yuanda Zhu say they are coming, that Wong need to go now, Wong say "Right now? but how..." outside of the room Yuan hear noises, Yuan open the door of the room quickly and see that Yuanda Zhu is there, Yuan is relieved and say for Yuanda Zhu to not scare like that.

Wong is hiding again and Yuan say for Yuanda Zhu... "We are leaving to hand you over now. Say your sad goodbyes to Hong Kong while you can." Wong ask himself what should he do, after that many rats appear near Wong, Wong say that he got it, he pick the lighter and lights it up. Yuan say for Yuanda Zhu... "All right, time to go" and then all the rats fall in Yuan's shoulders and face, Wong is happy that his plan worked. Yuan is afraid of the rats and go out of the room, Yuan jump in one of t he Yellow Heads members back, while this happen Wong help Yuanda Zhu to leave the house by pulling his wheelchair, i love this scene with Yuanda Zhu, Wong and Yuan, really nice to see Yuanda Zhu talking with Wong, a nice surprise to me.

Ryo1.jpg

Back to Ryo and Ren, the duo arrive in the basement, 3 members of the Yellow Heads are there, the duo see that Joy is locked, Ren say that they can't talk themselves outta this one, the duo make the position to fight when Master Baihu appear and say for the members of the Yellow Heads to stand aside. Baihu ask for the duo if they are friends with Joy, Ryo say that's right, that Joy is coming with them.

It is interesting to see the in this part Ryo's eyes turn blue, probably to show how much he want to save one of his friends, to show how much Ryo's friends mean to him, in this case Joy, this is a really a nice touch, i don't remember if in other episodes this happened but this is a beautiful detail in this episode, loved it.

Baihu say amusing and that the woman will go free but only if Ryo can defeat him, In this moment Ryo remember when Kai said for Ryo for him to open his mind's eye, the flashback end and Ryo close his eyes.

Baihu try to attack Ryo, Ryo open his eyes and dodge the attacks. After that another flashback begin, in the flashback we see Jianmin Tao, Zhoushan Xuan, Guixiang Lee and Zhangyu Kong. These characters are the characters that taught the 4 Wude for Ryo, Ryo remember all the 4 Wude GON, JIE, YI and DAN. The flashback ends and Ryo try to punch Master Baihu, Baihu block the attack and try to kick, Ryo managed to evade the kick and then Ryo kick Baihu in the head.

Baihu.jpg

Baihu fall on the ground. The 3 members of the Yellow Heads are scared after seeing this, Ryo look at them with a serious face and then they run away. Ryo say for Baihu that this fight is over and that they are taking Joy with them, Baihu say for Ryo to state his name, Ryo say his full name and Baihu respond "A name that i will... remember..." and then Baihu fall unconscious.

It is a short fight, but i think i understand why the anime team did this way, for me Ryo winning against Baihu quickly is to show that Ryo really improved as a martial artist and as a character, that everything that he learned made a impact on him and that he changed with that, Ryo is stronger now, if i think about it this way i can accept the fight because character development for Ryo, but i agree that the fight could have been way better, a longer fight with more tension.

In the next scene we see the outside of the Yellow Heads building and the motorcycle of Joy near the door. The member of the Yellow Heads that is with the bicycle finally arrived, he was really tired and sweating, he see Joy's motorcycle and ask himself why Joy and Wong come there. A car arrive with 2 other members, one of them ask where is Joy and Wong,

The one with the bicycle said "You had a car...?!" this member enter the building and see Yuan still scared about the rats. He ask for Yuan what is this situation, Yuan say Rats, filthy rats, the member say "Rats? what are you talking about? Do you mean Ren and that japanese kid?! and Yuan respond... "No, idiot! I'm talking about real, live rats!" then the member ask for Yuan where is Yuanda Zhu, Yuan enter in the room and see that Yuanda Zhu is gone, Yuan say "That goddamn brat!" the member say "Brat? Oh shit!" and then the scene ends.

JoyRenRyo.jpg

In the next scene we see Ryo holding Joy, Joy open her eyes and see Ryo and Ren, Ryo ask what the hell she is doing there, Joy respond... "As if you have to ask! I came to save two dumbasses from throwing their lives away!" Ren say tha this is a way to flirt with danger, Ren also say that all that's left is Yuanda Zhu, Ren start using the comunication radio again. Joy ask about Wong, Ryo is surprised and Joy ask if he haven't met up with Wong yet. In the comunication radio they hear Yuan's voice saying for the other members to find Wong, that he broke Yuanda Zhu out and now they are on the run, to catch Wong immediately.
In the next scene we see Wong pushing Yuanda Zhu's wheelchair to try to escape the building, the member of the Yellow Heads that was with the bicycle in the other scenes appear in front of them saying he is gonna rip Wong's head off, Wong say to give him a break already, Yuanda Zhu say for Wong to keep charging ahead, Wong is insecure about continue but Yuanda Zhu say for Wong to trust him.

Wong continue charging ahead and the member of the Yellow Heads continue to run to grab them, when the member got really near them Yuanda Zhu used his cane to attack him, this way Yuanda Zhu bests the member of the Yellow Heads, Wong is really impressed by that and continue to keep charging ahead. They are almost reaching the elevator, the light of the elevator turn on meaning the elevator is almos there on the floor, Wong is happy about that and say that this is great, that they will get out of there.

Wong1.jpg

The door of the elevator open and we see Dou Niu there, Dou Niu get out of the elevator and say... "Hey, Kid. Keep this up and i will see to it that you are sleeping with the fishes tonight!" Wong is so surprised about that and was not able to stop charging ahead the wheelchair. These scene of Yuanda Zhu with Wong is a beautiful surprise to me, i love all the new scenes with Joy, Wong, Yuanda Zhu and other characters in this situation, this expanded more the Yellow Heads building part of the story, some things don't have in the game and it is beautiful to see the story getting expanded like this, the paths
of all these characters connecting like this for the rooftop part, loved it.

In the next scene we see Ryo, Ren and Joy running when they encounter Yuan, Yuan lick the knife and say... "You assholes... "You've really done it now... Enough games! i'm shredding you all to pieces!" and try to attack Ryo and Ren, the duo managed to dodge some attacks.

Yuan keep trying to attack when Ren kick the hand of Yuan, this way the knife is out of Yuan's hand, after that Ryo say for Ren to put Yuan down for good. Yuan try to attack Ryo, Ryo dodge the attack and kick Yuan, Ren push the button for the elevator to open and then Yuan fall inside of the elevator. Ren pick handcuffs and put in Yuan so Yuan can stay in the elevator.

Joy ask for Yuan where are Wong and Yuanda Zhu, to spit it out about that. Yuan say "How should i know! I'd never tell you even if i did!" Ren get angry and Ryo say for Yuan... "You said that Yuanda Zhu would be handed over. Where is the handoff happening?" Yuan say "Shucks, I forgot" then Ren pick a trash can and say "Oh yeah? Guess you don't mind a taste of this, then." Ryo ask what is with all the garbage, Ren say that he told this before, that Yuan is a cleaning maniac. Yuan begs for Ren not to do this, Yuan is scared and say that the deal will go down on the roof. Ryo say "Great! Lets go!" and push the button of the other elevator.

Lan Di.jpg

Ren made it seem like he was leaving, Yuan is relieved about that but the Ren say "Thanks" and kick the trash can for inside the elevator, then after that Ren enter in the other elevator and Ryo push the button so they can go to the roof.

We see how the trash can messed with Yuan, the door of the elevator close and Yuan yell because of what happened. Ryo, Ren and Joy are inside of the elevator waiting to get to the roof, the door of the elevator open and the trio begin to run to get to the roof, the door open and the helicopter is there, a white mark of The Chi You Men is in the helicopter, Ryo stop running and we can see Lan Di hanging on the helicopter ladder. They look at each other, Ryo's eyes turn red to show how much he want revenge, this is a beautiful detail, Ryo say "Lan Di" in a angry way and then the episode ends.

What can we expect to see in the next episode?

Yuandha.jpg

In my opinion we will probably see the fight Ryo VS Lan Di and Ryo will lose in a fast way.

Probably after that Ryo will fight Dou Niu and remember Xiuying's words, Ryo defeat Dou Niu, i hope this part is not cut out in the anime, Ryo defeating Dou Niu is important to me, this victory show how much Ryo got stronger in that part of the story. Maybe after losing against Lan Di Ryo will be on the ground and Lan Di will ask Dou Niu to finish Ryo, and after that Ryo will win against Dou Niu.

I hope we can see the talking with Yuanda Zhu. I'm also looking forward to see Ryo saying goodbye to all his friends in Kowloon and Hong Kong, it will probably be an emotional scene.

The name of the episode is Shenmue so i imagine that we will see something about the Shenmue tree, i noticed as well that Ryo and Shenhua say the name of the last episode together, i agree as well that this is probably a hint that Ryo will meet Shenhua in the next episode.

I really don't want to see the Guilin part in a fast way. To me the Guilin part in the game is gentle, calm, mysterious, interesting, ZEN and much more. So many wonderful moments in Guilin like Shenhua singing, Ryo training Tai Chi, all the beautiful places Ryo and Shenhua pass to arrive in Bailu Village and much more, it is one of my favorite parts in videogame history.

I don't want to see the Guilin part in a fast way so i hope the season ends with Ryo trying to save Shenhua and the deer, or with Shenhua saying for Ryo to follow her, i don't know something like that, but it is possible that maybe the season will end in the cave scene and this will come full circle in relation to the first episode.

1650927642312.png

Maybe it will end with Shenhua showing the Shenmue tree for Ryo, Shenhua explaining for Ryo that this tree is the Shenmue tree, this way the people that never played the games will know why the name of the anime is Shenmue, then maybe we will get a scene similar to the game like this and then the season ends, i think if the season ends like this will be really nice, and the people that never played the games will probably be intrigued by the Shenmue tree and will want to see a second season of Shenmue, but like i said i really don't want to see the Guilin part in a fast way, so i think maybe the best is to end with Ryo meeting Shenhua. How you think the season will end? tell for us in the comments below.

Oh, and i can't forget, i have hope that after that we will see Yu Suzuki saying that Shenmue IV is in development. ❤️

What NPCs do you want to see in the next episode?

maxresdefault.jpg

I want to see Dou Niu, Lan Di, Shenhua, Xiuying, Yuanda Zhu, Wong, Joy and many others. I still have hope that maybe we will see Ziming and Niao Sun similar to the Shenmue Side Story manga, if this scene happen it will be a good setup for the second season, and you? what NPCs you want to see in the season finale? tell for us in the comments below.

Final Thoughts

Ryo2.jpg

Another beautiful episode. What the anime team did with Wong is beautiful, beautiful character development, Wong even said he hate living robbing people, Wong really changed after meeting Ryo, and i love his determination to help Ryo, like i said about the previous episode, for Wong Ryo is like his older brother now.

I love Joy in this episode as well, Joy remember a lot of moments with Ryo and we can see how Ryo made a impact in her life and then Joy decide to help as well, beautiful. Joy and Wong getting expanded is one of the beautiful things about the anime, it is really emotional, loved it. Seeing the paths of all these characteres uniting like this in the Yellow Heads Buidling is beautiful, some things in relation to this don't have in the game and it was a beautiful way to see the scenes and how this all connected to the rooftop part, beautiful way to expand the story and with character developments, loved it.

I agree with many people about the Ryo VS Baihu fight, it was a short fight, but i think i understand why the anime team did this way, for me Ryo winning against Baihu quickly is to show that Ryo really improved as a martial artist and as a character, that everything that he learned made a impact on him and that he changed with that.

i say this because before winning Ryo remember about what Kai said and about the 4 Wude, so to me this is to show how much Ryo improved as a martal artist and as a character, Ryo got stronger, so if i think about it this way i can accept the fight, but the fight could have been way better, a longer fight with more tension.

This is one of the reasons why i say a Shenmue anime with 24 episodes would have been even better about more content and development, but just the fact that we are getting a Shenmue anime is beautiful and amazing.

The scenes with Dou Niu are nice, the scenes of Ryo with Ren, and i love that the high five of the duo is in the anime, same thing about the scenes with Yuan, really nice scenes. The scenes of Wong with Yuanda Zhu was a beautiful surprise to me, loved it. Yuanda Zhu again defending himself.

The final scene with Ryo and Lan Di looking at each other was a beautiful way to end the episode.

The name of EP 13 is Shenmue so i imagine that we will see something about the Shenmue tree, i noticed that Ryo and Shenhua said the name of the EP together in the ending.

The season will end in the cave? i think is possible but i feel that the anime team will need to cut out a lot of things about the Guilin part so the anime can end in the cave.

I don't want to see the Guilin part in a fast way, the Guilin part is so gentle, calm, mysterious and much more, one of my favorite moments of the Shenmue series, so i hope the season ends with Ryo meeting Shenhua. Maybe Ryo trying to save the deer and Shenhua, or maybe ending with Shenhua saying for Ryo to follow her, i don't know but something like this, i will prefer if the season ends with Ryo meeting Shenhua, the season will probably end in Guilin.

Just one more episode left to end the season, like i said in the other weeks, i will miss this time of Shenmue content every week. 😿 I have hope that we will get the announcement of Shenmue IV after the last episode of the anime, let's continue to believe that Shenmue will continue, let's continue to believe that one day Shenmue will be completed in game form, and of course the second season of the anime, i have hope about these things, LetsGetShenmue4. ❤️

Next week i will come back for my Analysis of the season finale of the anime, episode 13 Shenmue, thank you all for reading and remember to keep friends... those you love... close to you, bye bye. ~

ShenmueDojo.jpg

Last edited:
I agree with all, love the development for Joy and Wong, and the action was very well translated to the anime, action packed episode like in the game. After watch the preview I'm waiting the next episode a lot, less time is left, I don`t have a clue about what characters will appear appart of the important ones, but I think like you about how it will end, and yes, sadly it will be the last episode of the season, but at least, we have a very good Shenmue anime, and that will be eternal. In a few years, after a while without seeing it, we can see it again and enjoy it like the first time. Is another way to enjoy Shenmue.

I remember, in the times when the games were released, that I did think that an anime would be amazing, and now, here we are, with a anime made reality. Is a dream come true. So as you say, let's continue to believe, Shenmue is and will be inmortal, forever!

I agree with all, love the development for Joy and Wong, and the action was very well translated to the anime, action packed episode like in the game. After watch the preview I'm waiting the next episode a lot, less time is left, I don`t have a clue about what characters will appear appart of the important ones, but I think like you about how it will end, and yes, sadly it will be the last episode of the season, but at least, we have a very good Shenmue anime, and that will be eternal. In a few years, after a while without seeing it, we can see it again and enjoy it like the first time. Is another way to enjoy Shenmue.

I remember, in the times when the games were released, that I did think that an anime would be amazing, and now, here we are, with a anime made reality. Is a dream come true. So as you say, let's continue to believe, Shenmue is and will be inmortal, forever!

I agree, i love the development for Joy and Wong, the action was very well translated to the anime.

Yes, it is sad that it will be the last episode of the season, but at least now we have a good Shenmue anime that we can see as many times as we want, and this is beautiful.

Shenmue III is like a miracle so in my opinion Shenmue IV can happen as well, let's continue to believe. Shenmue Forever. ❤️

Back