Shenmue : the animation merchandise

I certainly hope it will be available in other formats but, just so you know, it’s definitely on Spotify (Premium) right now with just a little bit of searching.
Thankfully, unlike a lot of albums of Spotify, it's correctly tagged as well.

Are the pins still available and shippable to Australia? I missed this...

I don't buy CD soundtracks anymore, but I'd 100% splash for a BluRay of the show 🙏

Are the pins still available and shippable to Australia? I missed this...

I don't buy CD soundtracks anymore, but I'd 100% splash for a BluRay of the show 🙏
The pins and the towel with the stamps were available in 2 waves, the latter of which ended on July 31st. However, I went to buy on the 27th and they were already sold out. Switch did some digging and saw reports of people saying they'd been out of stock a while before then.

Here's hoping we get a season 2 and they release the same pins :p

You'd think that Sega Shop in the UK would've imported some of the pins in, or made their own set. They did get some of the Wayo musicboxes so they had form for it. Missed opportunity

It's completely mad they've not made these items way more accessible in the west.

It would sell. The animes done well here. It is basically free money for them!

Missed opportunity
Sadly sums up the whole animation merch situation. All the Japanese merch has been fantastic. I guess this is what happens when so many people have their fingers in the pie lol. Hopefully if season 2 gets picked up, there will be less partners and then the merch rights will be less complex.

I wonder if it's worth reaching out to the Sega Shop UK directly to see if they have any plans to do so, or any thoughts on the issues. I'll send em an email and see what they say.

Sadly sums up the whole animation merch situation. All the Japanese merch has been fantastic. I guess this is what happens when so many people have their fingers in the pie lol. Hopefully if season 2 gets picked up, there will be less partners and then the merch rights will be less complex.

I wonder if it's worth reaching out to the Sega Shop UK directly to see if they have any plans to do so, or any thoughts on the issues. I'll send em an email and see what they say.
Better than reaching out to SEGA Shop US: "Senmooee? You mean Sonic? Sonic themed stamps, coming RIGHT AWAY!"

My girlfiend tried to get me the Shenmue stamp set, but she said it was sold out :(

I'm grateful to her for trying, but it's just made me wish that Sega made getting this stuff a little easier! I also managed to get a Mega Drive Mini 2 pre-ordered but CD Japan won't let you order it with other stuff (like the Shenmue soundtrack) as it's over 60 days from release and is a weird shape...I planned to hold out for a couple of weeks, but fear it could sell out.

What a pickle!

Back