Shenmue II's hellish music

Currently playing
Shenmue II
I am absolutely loving replaying my favourite games but what the hell is going on with the instrumentation on the Shenmue II remaster? The tomato convenience store music is nightmarish and so many different songs have been dragged out of tune. Is this something they're currently looking into or is this all we're getting? Surely they noticed this before releasing the game???

I'm currently on day 2 of work in S1 and I'm really taking to slow praying for a patch before I start S2. The sound issues in 1 are unacceptable but at least tolerable... I'm not sure I'd be able to tolerate the music in 2 based on the youtube videos I've seen...

Yeah we need it ASAP. I couldn’t stomach the distortions, and moved on to Kiwami 2 until they fix it. Now all I can think is “wish I was playing Shenmue instead,” which is not how I normally feel about Yakuza games.

The music when you're airing out the books also sounds like crap, it makes that part feel like a chore when I actually liked doing it on the DC version because I enjoyed the song. I found myself running more often just so I could get it over with even though it makes the QTEs tougher.

also agree, even with the patch the voice quality and music sound pretty bad at least using Japanese dialogue.

Hmm. I played through Shenmue 2 and didn’t personally notice any audio bugs. Maybe I’m in the minority.

I honestly can't play with the music issues in shenmue 2, even though the latest patches improved them a little. I'm going to wait until they are fixed before continuing. shenmue 1 is pretty much perfect in this regard

I sent an email to SEGA Support and was updated that the issue was forwarded, I think that is what we may need to do to get the music issue recognized.

Yuuuup. Some music sounds as it should, some sounds a bit different in an unwelcome way, and then there's Stand Qtr which sounds unbearable.
The worst thing is how prevalent the Stand Qtr music is: it is also used in buildings like the tea break building. Kowloon is now literally audio hell. I can’t believe we have to bring this to their attention. This should have been noticed way before release: I can forgive bugs to a degree but not this. My fear is that not every track will be fixed. The Lucky Charm Quarter sounds awful too; even the music in the clothes shops sounds terrible. The entire soundtrack needs to be checked and fixed. 2 weeks on and I still can’t play Shenmue 2 over this.

It is bothersome indeed, but you guys are really offput this much?

I just had a wonderful time doing, "disc three," because its arguably my favourite part of my entire gaming life; yes, the music sucked for a good part of Kowloon, but it was still a wonderful time.

Good news is that nothing in the Yellowhead is screwed up, so the, "best hour (and a bit) of gaming," is still perfection :).

Back