Shenmue III will be at the Tokyo Game Show 2019

The Dualshockers translation of the Famitsu article says that Yu implied the game might be playable at TGS:

https://www.dualshockers.com/yu-suzuki-shenmue-3-story-comments-ryo-lan-di-settling-the-score/
Imagine if the game is playable to the public in Japan before the trial, lol.
Well considering the Demo was confirmed to be playable in the later half of September.. it may well be the case :p Not phased by the Demo tbh honest, My PC can't run it so I'll just be watching on Stream when the Dojo playthrough it :)

I don't think the game being playable at an event before the backer demo would be a massive deal. It's not like they're publishing a public version online or anything. It's just a small subset of people at an event, and it might win some people over. Feels like a missed opportunity holding back that kind of promotion just because the backer demo isn't out yet. Plus we know for sure now that we'll be getting our turn soon.

A concurrent launch of the backer trial during TGS might be the smoothest way to do this, and it all approximately lines up with when we've been told it'll launch anyway. Yu said in the Google Translate version of the interview the details haven't all been worked out yet, so hopefully someone brings that idea up to help minimise any rabble rousing.

I don't think the game being playable at an event before the backer demo would be a massive deal. It's not like they're publishing a public version online or anything. It's just a small subset of people at an event, and it might win some people over. Feels like a missed opportunity holding back that kind of promotion just because the backer demo isn't out yet. Plus we know for sure now that we'll be getting our turn soon.

I agree, but have you missed all the complaints from people about the press being able to play it before backers? The complaints will be even worse if "ordinary" people can play first (even if it's only people at a certain event). I do agree though, it really is dumb to hold back public demos for that reason and the people who do complain are being dumb.

This is definitely good news but a part of me is tempted not to watch any of it because I don't want to see too much of the game anymore as I would rather experience the new stuff when the game comes out when actually playing it.

I'm not really sure hmm, it's hard but I don't think I'm the only who feels this way. Some trailers show too much (Kingdom Hearts 3). I'm doing the same with IT Chapter 2, I've watched 2-3 trailers but I am being evasive towards any more new stuff.

Back