Shenmue III keeps crashing when trying to launch it.

the_phoenix_mirror

10 years early.
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Daytona USA Iraq version
When I try to boot the game up, it shows to screen after you double click the icon, then it just shuts off. Is there anyway to fix this?

Edit: it seems to boot only after giving it about 15 minutes after playing it. Is there a work around thought to not wait?

Last edited:
I did never heard of this problem. Version? Game updated? You did try to reinstall it?

Perhaps launcher problem? Try to run the launcher into the folder of the game, or run as administrator (right mouse button)

Last edited:
The game is at the latest update, I tried launching the game in the folder, nothing. I tried administrator too, it didn't work. I don't believe reinstalling it would work, and it would take about 10 hours to download it again.

Version? Did the game worked well any time on your pc? You run in full screen or window? I'm triying to eliminate possible causes. Drivers updated?

It's Ver. 1.06.01, it worked perfectly fine with the very high graphics setting, but the fan was really loud on my laptop. I have an update for my laptop, but it doesn't seem like it's for the driver, more of a net thing.

Edit: I just updated it and it finished

I did mean about Steam version, Epic, etc. Play with controller? Try to play it without controller too.

Read all the comments.

Is the problem solved then?

I read through that Reddit post. I tried booting it up without a controller and turning off the laptop and turning it back on, nothing.

Only thing it ocurs to me now is try to lower graphics options resolution included, reset PC and play like that, better if is in windows mode, to see if continue to happen. What Windows do you have? Also you can try to with right mouse button in compatibility mode any of the compatibilities options.

Have you tried verifying the game files?

If you're using Epic, click the three dots on the game in your library and click Verify.

If you're on Steam, right click on Shenmue III in your library, click on Properties, go to Local Files, and click Verify integrity of game files.

Back