[Shenmue I&II] Unused d3t Remaster Assets

LemonHaze

Banned
A while back when we first started doing data analysis on the re-releases, before we'd even started any code analysis, we'd found some assets which appear to come from the (cancelled) d3t Remaster of Shenmue I & II.

I'm mainly posting these here so there's a post for them on the forums, but some of you might have seen these before. There are also a few more, when I come across them I'll post here :)

785.png

5063.png

5086.png5225.png

11.png 804.png473.png472.png798.png

508.png509.png

Further documentation/analysis:

Save Game Thread:

Last edited:
Interesting find!

The building photo is the area of the MARK IS shopping complex in Yokohama, which is a few minutes from where the original Shenmue Premiere was held.
View attachment 18245
Very interesting indeed.

The image itself is used as a skybox, typically for use in scenes where they might want high quality reflections. It can be a bit confusing considering it's not what everyone assumes to be a skybox.

This skybox and a few others were found in the re-releases, and seem to originate from here:

The creator of these skyboxes s a Senior Graphics Engineer who works/worked at Epic Games!

As per the documentation/analysis on Wulinshu, it was noted that both of the Vertical Slice scripts are functional and can be loaded with a normal copy of the game.

Bugs are present in the game which were fixed in the re-releases, but seemingly broken on Dreamcast, specifically in relation to training in the Dobuita parking lot.

It's rare to find things like this and it was a pleasure to look through. There are still some more differences to be found.

Attached are the VS_QTE and VS_Fight scripts and save files.

Attachments

• scenario.7z
    85.8 KB · Views: 4
  • sm1saves.7z
    3.8 KB · Views: 3
Back