Shenmue I & II HD preloads live

Dreamcastguy implied he's already in the review process a couple days ago so we should have it before launch I'd imagine...

I wouldn't say that v1.3.0.0 build is indicative of the retail disc being an older version (or v1.0), it's simply just a means of them to communicate where they are and their approach to dev build naming conventions (which tend to differ per studio) I wouldn't worry about it and I don't see it as being an indication for a patch. If a patch does come out afterwards: here's hoping it's not too huge or that the game has fundamental issues without it. I certainly don't think so.
I was going to reply yesterday and point out that it's very unusual for digital and physical releases to be on different version numbers, but I let it go because honestly it doesn't matter to me.

A day 1 patch for the physical has been confirmed. I can't link to where I read this because they're discussing leaks, but it sounds like "Team Yu" confirmed this via their facebook page (which I don't follow). Since Microsoft and Sony have review processes, I would expect at the very least an unpatched game should be playable from start to finish.

If you want a release that is likely to have this patch included by default, it's another reason to double-dip and get the Japanese Limited Edition. I'm actually more excited about that than the standard edition.

Shenmue facebook groups are in full damage control mode saying that the footage people are watching via streams in not indicative of gameplay as they won't have the day one patch... So that's pretty sad...

Shenmue facebook groups are in full damage control mode saying that the footage people are watching via streams in not indicative of gameplay as they won't have the day one patch... So that's pretty sad...

Well there is significant slow down in the version printed directly to disc. Certain corners of Dobuita have slow down that doesn't stop until you leave the area. So I certainly hope there is a patch ready to go at launch. As per Shenmue Dojo guidelines I'll not be providing any links or media for this though... I'm sure 'discussion' isnt being banned though..

Well there is significant slow down in the version printed directly to disc. Certain corners of Dobuita have slow down that doesn't stop until you leave the area. So I certainly hope there is a patch ready to go at launch. As per Shenmue Dojo guidelines I'll not be providing any links or media for this though... I'm sure 'discussion' isnt being banned though..
That's a real shame. Hope it works out, shame for those that don't have reliable internet connections thinking they're buying a complete physical game though...

I hope that we do end up getting a patch day one. It's sad that the version on the disc won't be the final game but I'm willing to wait for an update to download to get the best Shenmue experience.

I cancelled my digital version and ordered the disc, shame it won't be complete out of the box.

Discussion is banned. Just a FYI.

https://www.shenmuedojo.com/forum/index.php?threads/random-shenmue-thoughts.22/page-8#post-5734

If it's discussion based on the current What's Shenmue footage please carry on. Otherwise take it to PM please

I hope that we do end up getting a patch day one. It's sad that the version on the disc won't be the final game but I'm willing to wait for an update to download to get the best Shenmue experience.

It will be a day one patch according to a facebook post by TeamYu.net.

Last edited:
Just like the tittle says, my Shenmue I and II digital games for Xbox got an update.

Shenmue I weigts 4,17 gb

Shenmue II 9,28gb

Previously they were around 100 mb each.

I wonder what those extra 5gb for Shenmue II are, maybe an HD version of the Shenmue the movie?

View attachment 145
When I pre-ordered a week ago, it downloaded the games at the sizes you mentioned.

Posted already but wow I still can’t believe it...2310EFD2-9D44-414E-B1BE-7490CAA3CEA2.jpeg

Also it’s been noted that unless I’m wrong it has SOLD OUT on Amazon UK, is that for real?!

Back