spud1897

Administrator
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Destiny 2, Shenmue HD ;)
PSN
spud19870
This Saturday the Shenmue Dojo turns 20, yes 20 years old!

To mark the occasion we are going to have a number of exciting projects/announcements come to fruition throughout the day.

All will be posted in this thread and across the usual platforms.

Here's a little teaser.....

Tease.JPG

20 years of Shenmue Dojo, this is really nice. 🥳

Shenmue Dojo interviews? my guess is that one of these interviews is an exclusive interview with Yu Suzuki, all i know is that i'm looking forward to see these interviews.

I'm looking forward to see the projects/announcements 😊

Last edited:
If one of the interviews isn't with the dude who voiced the "I'm just fine and dandy" guy, I'm gonna riot.
Or "Years ago I was chinese"

I've seen what's coming for the 20th anniversary and all I can say is I feel so privilaged to be a part of this Dojo team.
They've all worked so tirelessly to bring the community what you'll see over the course of this Saturday and I can't wait for you all to finally see it! :blush:

45 minutes until the first announcement!

Our first announcement of the day is the creation of a commemorative logo to celebrate our 20th birthday!

Put together by @Jibby this Logo is a fantastic piece of work, capturing the current Dojo but also it's origins! This will appear across all our channels until the end of the year!

20thFinalBG(Rev1).png

It's quite a well thought-out design, because people sometimes forget that the Shenmue Dojo is a Shenmue site, and others can't count.

NEXT ANNOUNCEMENT!

For our 20th Birthday Celebrations we had the honour of conducting an hour long sit-down interview (well over SKYPE) with Ryan Payton!

Ryan played a huge role in getting the Shenmue III Kickstarter moving and he is a fan just like all of us.

Some interesting tidbits around development, Ryan's Shenmue origins and more were discussed as well!

Catch it here:

Discussion topic: https://www.shenmuedojo.com/forum/index.php?threads/shenmue-dojo-interviews-ryan-payton.3301/

Happy birthday Shenmue Dojo. 🥳 Beautiful commemorative logo.

I registered in the Dojo last year, i am very happy that we Shenmue fans have a nice place where we can express our love for Shenmue, make friends and much more. Some people in the Shenmue community do amazing things to keep Shenmue Alive. Spud, James, Switch, ShenSun, Sonoshee, Sergeynest, Shenmue Forever and many others.

Thank you all for everything you do for the Shenmue Community. I have hope that we will get Shenmue IV and V and have the conclusion to this epic saga. 😊

The next reveal is an interview with Shenmue Dojo's founder, back from the days of Ryo's place. Andy Bandos.

Andy kindly agreed to a written interview and you can catch it here: https://shenmuedojo.com/interview-with-andy-bandos/

There's one more huge announcement coming at 6pm.

A Closing Thought​

We’ve come to the end of our 20th birthday celebrations and wanted to close with a few small thoughts.

Originally formed under the name of Ryo’s Place, one mans vision was realised on November 14th 2000. As time moved on the Shenmue Dojo experienced all the highs and lows of the community, expanded it’s resources and evolved into what it is today, a longstanding pillar of the Shenmue community that we all love.

Without everyone who has owned, worked on or just been a member of this site we would not exist in the format that you see today.

Thank you to everyone who has visited this place over the years, you are the strength of this community, the community that will power the Shenmue Dojo into the next 20 years and beyond.

Thank you to all the staff who have helped bring this together. Without your help, organising this event would not have been possible.

Thank you to all the Shenmue Community groups, who over the years have become some of our closest friends. Together we will get Shenmue 4 and beyond #LetsGetShenmue4

Matt and James

Back