Shenmue Dojo Lobby Room

ShenSun

Site Staff
DtqQHJ2WkAAcQmZ.jpg

I'm looking to create a dojo lobby room for everyone to play together on a regular basis.

Some things that will need to be addressed are as follows

1) What time is preferable for everyone since we're all in different countries. Most here are UK/EU based
2) What days are preferable for everyone?
3) Post your Playstation id in the posts below

Voice chat would be preferable so we can shoot the breeze while battering each other on VF, but all are welcome regardless

Any other questions or logistics, post them in this thread

Fight on

kldODI1.jpeg

1) I usally play between 20:00 to 23:00 UK time
2) During weekly days, hardly ever on weekends.
3) PSN id: ElBidimensional

1.) Usually between 4pm through 11pm AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time)
2.) Weekdays/Weekends: I'm easy
3.) PSN ID: danmann861

How do you find rooms? It seems like I can only see a list of about 20 rooms when I look at the menu. I can't believe that's all the rooms that exist.

1) Canada, Pacific Standard Time
2) weekdays after 5pm PST and occasionally on weekends
3) PSN: Sheepboy29

I am really bad at the game but it would be cool to connect and speak with Dojo members on between rounds.

Last edited:
No promises, but i might try and get this set up hopefully on monday night.

Let me know if it that's good for you guys.

My ID is sppeac1987
For me, generally Thurs/Fri/Saturday evenings (British time) are good :)

Would be nice to connect with you guys as at the moment ranked is frustrating me, I either get no matches at all or when I do the other player literally doesn't move or do anything, probably just Trophy spamming :(

Looks like finding rooms should be much easier now!

I do fight a lot of tough laggy spammers in the rooms. :(

Work is a bit manic at the moment, but I'm looking to have some good sessions set up by next weekend (19th onwards)

Once its set up properly, everyone can just jump in whenever they'd like using the details we outline in this thread

Would be nice to connect with you guys as at the moment ranked is frustrating me, I either get no matches at all or when I do the other player literally doesn't move or do anything, probably just Trophy spamming :(

I had similar problems a few nights ago. Try searching connection any and disconnects any - i found matches really quick and and they were all good connections. If they do quit you get the win anyway so I don't see that as a problem either. That said. ive not had a rage quit yet :D

My PSN is DownByLaw85 and I can usually be found on evenings around 8pm :)

My ID is sppeac1987
For me, generally Thurs/Fri/Saturday evenings (British time) are good :)

Your privacy settings means I couldn’t add you mate.

Got some games in with @mjqjazzbar today. I’m totally green but was fun, if anyone has a mic and would like some Shenmue banter in between bouts let me know. Can’t promise I will pose much competition however.

Got some games in with @mjqjazzbar today. I’m totally green but was fun, if anyone has a mic and would like some Shenmue banter in between bouts let me know. Can’t promise I will pose much competition however.
Ah ok- I’ll have a look at that and tweak the setting :)

You beat me three times in a row. Or was it four? You may be green, but you figured me out... What's weird is I went on to decimate a bunch of people after our matches.

Sorry about the mic. I'm not much of an online gamer. I had the official PS4 thing a while back but can't find it.

I really need to stop doing the Up+R1 attack. It’s my cheapest move and backfires like 75% of the time. Only works on folks who never guard, really...I noticed it has a -26 in training! Yikes!!!

Last edited:
Game is kind of dead huh? Went trying to find a few fights in lobby and didn’t have a ton of success so just created own room and had a few games.

Still a lot of fun with handful of games I got in.

I gave up when I realized I'm never getting better. :(

I gave up when I realized I'm never getting better. :(
I got to Hunter status but it was clear when I encountered competent players there was such a gulf between mine and their ability. Often they could string long juggles/combos that would take half my health bar.

Still this was first VF game I really played, given I loved combat in first two Shenmue games it sort of strengthens my love for both titles.

Putting around 100 hours into a fighting game is a first for me. I've never been able to stick with something for so long. I hope they manage to keep supporting this series, because I did absolutely enjoy my time with VF5. I'm sure I'll pop in again, too.

nobody here really trying to fight no one. so this is pointless. I've offered many times.

I'll be back on VF soon. Need to get a new console, ideally a PS5. PS4 on the way out.

Back