Shenmue Dojo Forum Features

Yama

“I want to hear more about you”
Administrator
Listed below are some of the standout features of the new forums. Feel free to use this thread to discuss them.

Mobile & desktop friendly:
FullSizeRender-1.jpegScreen Shot 2018-07-26 at 11.17.00 AM.png
Users may view the forum natively via desktop or mobile, without the need for a third party app such as Tapatalk.

Social login:
Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 12.03.27 PM.png
Users can now use social media sites like Facebook and Twitter to login.

In-depth notifications:
Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 11.27.21 AM.png
Notifications presented in a similar fashion to popular social media sites. A more modern approach at staying up to date.

@ Mentioning
Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 12.15.23 PM.png
Using the @ symbol and then typing in a user will allow members to mention other members, thus notifying them.

Trophies:
Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 12.10.19 PM.png
Users are rewarded trophies for various activities on the forums. This in no way affects your user standing and is just a fun feature. Collect em' all!

Attachements:
Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 11.24.42 AM.png
Users can upload attachments to threads and replies, instead of having to host remotely. They can be presented in the thread full size (100%) or as thumbnails. 20 attachments per post are currently allowed at the time of writing.

Drafts:
Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 12.08.36 PM.png
Threads can now be saved as drafts. Great for large topic creation.

User cards:
Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 12.13.48 PM.png
Hovering over a user will now display their user card which is a condensed profile. Click their name to view their full profile.

DM's:
Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 12.19.24 PM.png
Direct messaging can include multiple users and can easily be found under "Inbox."

About Me:
Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 12.20.57 PM.png
User details such as their social media and gaming handles are viewable under the "About" section of a users profile.

Speed:
General performance is said to be roughly 2-3x quicker than phpBB. The forum is more lightweight and our database is fresh for the first time in over a decade.

Thank you for supporting the Shenmue Dojo forum, we're excited to share these great new features with you all. Feel free to let us know what you think below.

Last edited:
Really impressed with this page. You've outdone yourselves:D

I'd just like to point out that this is not the final iteration of the forum either, in fact it's just the beginning stages. We want to launch with something simple, speedy, reliable and dare I say memorable. I'm currently looking through useful add-ons that will enhance our experience, but will fully test them to make sure not a smidge of performance or reliability is sacrificed. Themes are also something I think we'd all like to see, everyone has a different comfort level with certain tones after all. Expect much more going forward.

Please make themes a reality, I've been hoping for it since the old forums, I had really high hopes the new site was going to have customisable colours but its also classic grey on black ...

My eyes!!

Congrats on the new forum and all its modern features :cool:

Since themes were mentioned, I hope a dark-on-light theme will be included in the settings, as it is pretty much the standard among the the vast majority of websites and forums, for readability and eye fatigue issues (although it seems to be subjective).
Glad to see the new ShenmueDojo website is already dark-on-light.

All the best :love:

Maybe a retro theme? :)

New forum and site look awesome. Thanks to everyone for their hard work.

I've noticed we've got the old fashioned jaundice emojis and I thought it'd be a cool idea if the web designers of Shenmue Dojo forum site to put character head faces from Shenmue 1 & 2 as emojis.

I.E. If someone's sad, they could use Nozomi's worried face and if someone's angry they could use Lan Di's face etc.

Sorry admins & mods, I'm still a newbie, I hope you can forgive me for putting the thread in the wrong place.

Sorry admins & mods, I'm still a newbie, I hope you can forgive me for putting the thread in the wrong place.
Don't worry about it. All fine and easily solved. It's now in the right place.

Just enjoy the site and if unsure of anything ask one of us mods. We will be happy to help

Is it possible to have a most users online feature like the old forum? or was that a feature the engine of the old forum had?

Maybe we should open a S4 sub forum soon, just like we've had the S3 sub forum for all those years, the S4 forum could open when S3 is out. The S4 section will be our new place to discuss the future of the series and also our theories on how the story will continue beyond S3.

Back