Shenmue 4 Request/Useful Tweets

Sorry. Just popped up on my feed. But like I've said, odd behavior for a company not interested in continuing the series...

The fact they're still tweeting about Shenmue at all is indeed suspicious imo. The fact they also tweeted the same day as the gamescom tweet is strange, too. I mean, obviously this isn't a smoking gun or anything, but considering it's not like Koch is tweeting about Shenmue every single day, yet this one time they do it happens to line-up with gamescom talking about sequels... I dunno, I think it's at least worth considering.

They really have nothing to gain from Tweeting about Shenmue at this point. Sega practically ignored this community for years. That's what most companies do when they're no longer supporting an IP.

Not a smoking gun, but a warm-er gun perhaps...

How insane would it be for Shenmue 4 to open Gamescom?

Why not see what Geoff has in store and ask him to open with Shenmue 4

Keep the faith?
Could mean anything.

I suppose worst case is that they're still looking for a publisher.

Best case is that they have a publisher, are working on Shenmue 4 and are waiting for the right time to announce it.

All pure speculation though

Another one:

I'd really not mind seeing Shenmue IV become a reality at Gamescom. I'm really hoping for just a good show.

E3 this year was very, very bad. It's a shell of its former self and Covid didn't help much. As we get closer to the end of 2021(really??? we are that far in already?) I'm ready to see the plans for late 2021 and into next year.

Shenmue IV is probably going to happen, especially since they plan to support the PS4 through at least 2023 I read.

As amazing as Shenmue IV opening Gamescom would be, it seems all of gaming's eyes are on this conspiracy(or is it?) that Blue Box is Kojima messing around again for Silent Hill/P.T. returning.

That being said, our hopes aren't being shot down by any means by the people who got us Shenmue III. I still have faith, even if doesn't show this year.

I'd really not mind seeing Shenmue IV become a reality at Gamescom. I'm really hoping for just a good show.

E3 this year was very, very bad. It's a shell of its former self and Covid didn't help much. As we get closer to the end of 2021(really??? we are that far in already?) I'm ready to see the plans for late 2021 and into next year.

Shenmue IV is probably going to happen, especially since they plan to support the PS4 through at least 2023 I read.

As amazing as Shenmue IV opening Gamescom would be, it seems all of gaming's eyes are on this conspiracy(or is it?) that Blue Box is Kojima messing around again for Silent Hill/P.T. returning.

That being said, our hopes aren't being shot down by any means by the people who got us Shenmue III. I still have faith, even if doesn't show this year.
Being honest I'll be surprised if we heard anything Shenmue 4 related this year. With Covid bringing many games to a standstill I'm not worried about this year.

It's more if we got towards the end of next year without some sort of glimmer, anime aside, that gives us some impetus.

That said keep making noise on these sorts of tweets etc. It keeps the name out there and pressure on the publishers who might be thinking about it.

Being honest I'll be surprised if we heard anything Shenmue 4 related this year. With Covid bringing many games to a standstill I'm not worried about this year.

It's more if we got towards the end of next year without some sort of glimmer, anime aside, that gives us some impetus.

That said keep making noise on these sorts of tweets etc. It keeps the name out there and pressure on the publishers who might be thinking about it.

Nostalgia is at an all-time high and many games are capitalizing upon that, as well as movies these days. I personally believe Ghostbusters: Afterlife looks fantastic and exactly what fans were hoping for in a 3rd film.

Perfect Dark is returning, etc. Shenmue has enough niche popularity to ensure another entry without crowdfunding, hence DS wouldn't have classified it as a "core niche property". That implied importance.

Nostalgia is at an all-time high and many games are capitalizing upon that, as well as movies these days. I personally believe Ghostbusters: Afterlife looks fantastic and exactly what fans were hoping for in a 3rd film.

Perfect Dark is returning, etc. Shenmue has enough niche popularity to ensure another entry without crowdfunding, hence DS wouldn't have classified it as a "core niche property". That implied importance.
Indeed, there's a bunch of older games coming back. I noticed Powerslave is coming back as an example.

The 3rd Ghostbusters film looks class, really looking forward to it.

We keep pushing we will get a 4th Shenmue game :)

November 2021 will be two years since the release of Shenmue 3. I hope we get some form of update by then, even just a hint from Cedric or Yu that Shenmue 4 is happening.

Help us get Ryo in Super Monkey Ball!

Back