Sharing my demo code with WhatCulture

Did they respond to you about the code? Did they say they are working on a video?

I'm interested in that as well, I've been checking their channel, but no video yet, wonder what's going on(shouldn't take long to do).

I emailed two popular YouTubers last week with the intention of sharing my demo code but unfortunately didn't get a response.

Would like to send a few more emails in the hope of getting someone with a big following to play the demo. Any suggestions?

I'd share a code with this fella:

He's got a really popular channel and is usually extremely fair. I'm all outta codes, unfortunately. He's also mostly a PC gamer, so I have a feeling he'd be up for it. He's also got a more mature audience, since his videos aren't really meant to be funny and are instead informative & more about the background of the games he's playing. Definitely not one to trash a game. In fact, he was one of the few Vloggers who seemed to really like Duke Nukem Forever.
Is there a way I can contact this guy by email? I have one more code. I don't use Twitter or Facebook.

Is there a way I can contact this guy by email? I have one more code. I don't use Twitter or Facebook.

You can go to his About page on YouTube and click to reveal their business email address:

Very cool. He’s got a great channel.

@DJMH Hey, just a quick note for the future. Please don't post people's raw email addresses, even if they're publicly available as it can pose a spam risk to that person from bots. That's why you have to enter a captcha over on YouTube to see it. Thanks :)

Has anyone responded?

Simon Miller is great and he was mostly taking the piss. They weren't real hate videos.

The video he did about why Shenmue isn't for real men still makes me cry with laughter.

Alpha hasn't been very active in years.

The dude was annoying anyways (no offence if you're a fan). He's another one who likes the sound of his own voice a little too much and spent most of his time doing rant videos.

Alpha is out of the picture anyway. Any other ideas?
The only response I've received back was a polite decline from Gameranx. They were one of the more ambitious attempts to get some more media coverage.

I'm guessing closer to release all the big YouTubers will be offering their opinion on it.

Maybe it's not a bad idea to shoot for the real big channels. What about Skill Up or Angry Joe? Has anyone tried them yet.

If they want to release the video closer to the game release that's their thing. They can upload their video whenever they want but we should still contact them now.

Still haven't heard from Lazygamereviews.

I've tried Angry Joe who mentioned previously that he will be reviewing Shenmue 3. No response unfortunately.

Not heard of Skill Up but will do some research and message them after work.

I've tried Angry Joe who mentioned previously that he will be reviewing Shenmue 3. No response unfortunately.

Not heard of Skill Up but will do some research and message them after work.

Try to see if Maximillian Dood was interested. Over a million subs on YT and he's a fan of Yu Suzuki's work with Virtua Fighter. He's the biggest FGC channel on Youtube. He's a nice guy one of the more relatable guys as far as major content creators. If you explain that you want to give the game some publicity and let him try it out I'm sure he'd be cool with it(I hope at least). He's a variety streamer so I'm sure it would help with his content anyways.

Last edited:
Are there any channels that are famous for streaming adventure games like Life is Strange or older point 'n click-styled games? Big retro channels?

Definitely important to target the right audience: people who aren't going to be turned off by a 'slower' game, etc.

Back