Sharing my demo code with WhatCulture

Awesome dude we need big players showing off the game. We should try getting one to Gameranx too.

I have no idea who WhatCulture are, but if they're the type to shit on popular games for attention and clicks like Jim Sterling, I'd probably avoid sending them codes, since they'd likely just highlight the awkward parts of the game to make a "funny" video.

I think it's a great idea, if you're not bothered about keeping it like I was, if they sound enthusiastic about it it may be worth doing - I don't think I've ever heard them mention the series come to think of it...

I hope they are as good with gaming as they are with wrestling (watched their wrestling vids to death a couple of years ago); they really know their wrestling stuff and one of their guys even did some indie wrestling, due to the cred he got (Scott? Ben? Something like that).

I think this is a great idea, but careful who you share it with if they're not already on board with Shenmue... I'm shocked FUNHAUS hasn't gone after it yet.

The sharing
Someone suggested (please let me know who you are) in the Trial Thread that it may be worth sharing spare codes with YouTuber's. I messaged WhatCulture and got a response that they would love to have the code and do a video on it! Any reservations from anyone here in regards to me sharing this?
The sharing Codes with popular YouTuber fans was my idea. Glad to see the idea implemented. Hopefully the demo gets good exposure.

I'd share a code with this fella:

He's got a really popular channel and is usually extremely fair. I'm all outta codes, unfortunately. He's also mostly a PC gamer, so I have a feeling he'd be up for it. He's also got a more mature audience, since his videos aren't really meant to be funny and are instead informative & more about the background of the games he's playing. Definitely not one to trash a game. In fact, he was one of the few Vloggers who seemed to really like Duke Nukem Forever.

Last edited:
I object on account of it bein a shite YouTube channel with the content quality of Boris Johnson's boxers. But that doesn't make it any different than the majority I suppose.

I think it's a good idea. WhatCulture, from what I can tell, doesn't go out of their way to be mean or disingenuous about the media they cover.

DOTA player with a big following (+100K followers) and also a Shenmue fan. Might be worth trying to hook him up with a code if he doesn’t have one?

Last edited:
Back