Sega to Reboot Jet Set Radio & Crazy Taxi?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...y-taxi-jet-set-radio-to-chase-fortnite-riches

It sounds Sega is really serious about putting their library to use. So many classic Sega franchises have already been revived during recent years. Shenmue, Streets of Rage, Panzer Dragoon, Sakura Wars, Wonder Boy and so on.

Looking forward to this. Now we need Skies of Arcadia and Panzer Dragoon Saga... Maybe Shining Force 3 remaster with a full English release?A man can dream.😃

Reactions: red
i'm interested in a reboot of jet set radio but i want a new experiance not a simple update/remake.

i just wonder if they will make the in game tagging simplified like JSR future or more complex like the original JSR ( as in, needing to input controller "combos").

with ingame tags and more modern technology, it would be cool to upload your own images or images from the internet, to use in game.

but if this new JSR flops, we still have Bomb Rush Cyberfunk which looks cool. BRC is apparently coming out this year.

It's hard to say exactly what the games will be, but my main concern from the article is that all of their new games will be geared towards online play and/or microtransactions. I think JSR does lend itself pretty well to multiplayer, however, especially if there's a bunch of character customization.

Or what if it's just one giant universe? Say you're playing an MMO and want to fast travel. Gotta call a taxi, and all the taxi's are controlled by players and the game turns into Crazy Taxi when you're traveling. (that would be stupid as hell)

Sadly, I heard both Crazy Taxi and JSR will most likely be picking up GaaS aspects such as microtransactions and potentially online only. Time will tell if that turns out true, but if it is, I'll be skipping both. Not sure Crazy Taxi would feel the same without the Offspring blaring.

With Sega rejuvenating dormant IPs... they have quite a lot to choose from. Two that I'd like to see are:

Comix Zone: Let the Streets of Rage 4 devs either remake or do a sequel to the first. Use the same artistic style as it would work very well with Comix Zone.

Ecco the Dolphin: I rather liked the Dreamcast game. The graphics at the time were incredible. I think with today's graphics it would be insane. I'd either like a continuation (new game) or remake the two Genesis games in some great 2.5D graphics a la Bionic Commando Rearmed, Oddworld, etc.

The most important thing about Jet Set Radio is the music, followed by the art style. So they'll defo bollocks it up.

Probably gonna end up having individual tags or tracks as NFTs or some shit.

Back