WWF Royal Rumble- Dreamcast
Concept 4 Racing Wheel- Dreamcast
Sega Dreamcast Keyboard

20220912_233719.jpg

20220912_233804.jpg

20220912_233835.jpg

20220912_233919.jpg

20220912_233943.jpg
No way! Dude you own original D2 and SEGA Rally with wheel+pedals, thats so cool. Pretty unique game that D2. John Carpenter meets Ken Russell :p
I think it still stand out in some aspects. I remember being mesmerized by the creepy hand/finger moves of that sorcerer at the airplane. The scenes with the little girl were also used as flagship of Dreamcast power in magazines from my country. Hmm now I want to revisit D2 Canada

It is ok for now. It turned out the dc is still working with rbg scart cable it seems that just the gekko hdmi box has some flaws. The re starting issue has been also solved for me with putting a heavy book on the lid of the DC.

The resetting issue is usually the pins connecting the power supply to the motherboard being loose. It's an easy fix

Take the lid off and unscrew the power board

XgMCYlIimpObCCZU.medium

That bit highlighted in yellow is the culprit. Gently lift the board off and then gently pull the pins toward you so it becomes tight again when you put the board back on.

There's a step by step guide here:

Good luck !

The resetting issue is usually the pins connecting the power supply to the motherboard being loose. It's an easy fix

Take the lid off and unscrew the power board

XgMCYlIimpObCCZU.medium

That bit highlighted in yellow is the culprit. Gently lift the board off and then gently pull the pins toward you so it becomes tight again when you put the board back on.

There's a step by step guide here:

Good luck !
Youre very good person

Hey guys, came here to bring what can be a nice discussion about the DC. I wont do it in a new topic bc this one exists but I think it could create a nice and long argument (or it could be ignored by everybody and life goes on, lol)

The title of the discussion is... DID JAPAN KILL THE DC?
Yes, pretty clickbait, I know. Watching a youtuber seeing the sales vgchartz says (i know isnt the most trustfull site but anyway, has it separeted by regions) we can see how Japan carried the sales of Saturn, but with the DC, Europe got better, USA carried, but Japan abandoned it. Maybe something could have change if Japan repeated Saturn's sales?
1663370385634.png
------------------------------------------------------ USA-------EU-------JAP------WORLD-----TOTAL
Look USA, more than 100% better. Europe, almost 100% but Japan sold almost 50% LESS... Maybe those 3-4 millions more could help to keep living? Or its faith was sealed because you needed 30-40 millions and wouldnt got it?

Hey guys, came here to bring what can be a nice discussion about the DC. I wont do it in a new topic bc this one exists but I think it could create a nice and long argument (or it could be ignored by everybody and life goes on, lol)

Yes, pretty clickbait, I know. Watching a youtuber seeing the sales vgchartz says (i know isnt the most trustfull site but anyway, has it separeted by regions) we can see how Japan carried the sales of Saturn, but with the DC, Europe got better, USA carried, but Japan abandoned it. Maybe something could have change if Japan repeated Saturn's sales?
View attachment 16954
------------------------------------------------------ USA-------EU-------JAP------WORLD-----TOTAL
Look USA, more than 100% better. Europe, almost 100% but Japan sold almost 50% LESS... Maybe those 3-4 millions more could help to keep living? Or its faith was sealed because you needed 30-40 millions and wouldnt got it?

The Dreamcast paid for the sins of Sega previous consoles.

The Dreamcast paid for the sins of Sega previous consoles.
I mean yeah i heard that phrase a lot of times but looking at the number... Did it??? Again, more sales in USA, more sales in EU... You can say those sins were paid only in Japan, rest of the world thought differently.

View attachment 16954
Its true that ruling in Japan counts and counted more in 1998/2000 but if we're supposed to answer that question: No, Japan didn't kill DC. Everyone did in some degree.
Im afraid that was part of a bigger picture, as are all crisis. Part of the industry was starting to "make/clean the bed" for Sega which gave'em ammo enough (32x,CD,Game Gear,Nomad,Saturn). Devs and publishers like EA refused to support DC.
Market was boiling in 1995-2000 and shooting stars like 3DO happened, Goldstar turned into LG, SNK slowly retired from consoles... and even the vgames core was starting to shift from almost Japan-only based to a more global block.
I concede for Sega Enterprises slowly burning themselves but not Sega Japan only. The company was a hydra once, with its heads unaware of the other and to worsen things, internal conflicts.

The Dreamcast could've been more successful in Japan but Sega couldn't keep up with demand. Many people thought it was a mistake to first launch the Dreamcast in Japan. The Saturn still had a market and life left in it. By launching first in Japan they effectively lost any remaining profit left for the Saturn.

Even with this the Dreamcast initially was a success in Japan but the problem was they couldn't manufacture enough chips to continue to sell more consoles. Even with the year head start they had on the PS2 it was irrelevant since they couldn't keep up with supply & demand.

The PS1 was absolute gaming juggernaut and with the PS2 right around the corner and having a DVD drive the writing was on the wall. There were gaming publishers that outright did not support the Dreamcast because they did not think it would be successful. Piracy was another deathblow. Once people figured out how to burn games there was no turning back. I knew alot of people who were selling $10 games. Japan did not kill the DC for the most part it was already forsaken.

Last edited:
I would save that whole Sega killed the Dreamcast because the old Sega was dying and killed the Dc in in that process. You could really say that all the sins of Sega come back to haunt them while the DC was still active.

The quick death of the Dreamcast is very interesting topic. I was really surprised when I heard Sega axed the whole thing. Especially after the rather successful E3 2000. Many gaming publications in German and English wrote that the Sega was the winner of the E3 2000. Sony also started to stagger after it turned out the ps2 is not that good technically as many people thought it would.

The ultra high price of the console in the german market of of the ps2 also did not help to improve the reputation of the PS2. But the Sony Hype was able to brush off all the negativity .

The most weird thing around the Christmas time in 2000 was that the PR Lady of Sega Germany was acting quite optimistic towards the Christmas sales. They were also planning to get booster the advertising.

In the end nothing happened. I really wonder why . Were the higher ups already planning to kill of the DC and the PR goons were just not informed about the downfall?

Must be because I really found it alarming even as Teenager why Sega of Europe/Germany were so bad at marketing. They could have done so many things like making fun of the over hype of the PS2.

I worked with Nintendo . Sega does what Nitendon't could also worked with Sony. The over the top marketing of Sony could have been attacked with ease.

Last edited:
I think Sega would still be in the hardware business if they had just released: Genesis, Game Gear, Saturn and Dreamcast. I know the Saturn was a commercial failure but it may have been more successful if fleshed out and allowed to grow.

As badass as the Mega Tower looks those add-ons were just unnecessary. If Sega hadn't tried to do so much I believe they would still be here as a hardware manufacturer. What do you guys think?

I have to agree. With a better managment in general Sega might have suvived as a console company much longer. But the managment did not only fail with their add ons they also failed to act as unit worldwide. Each entity of Sega thought hey were the real deal and fight the other entities whenever they could.

They should have worked together in a worldwide sense without the stupid infighting.

But to fair Sega was acarade company and in the arcarde marke the fire and forget concept was very common. They though they could to same thing in the console market and replace their consoles in very fast way but they were wrong.

They lacked some fundemental understanding for the console market. Unlike arcarde owners that do not mind to buy new hardware every year console owners want consistency.

They want to buy console that can be used for many many years in the future without the fear that the hardware is going to be replaced next year.

Aerowings- Dreamcast
Fighting Force 2- Dreamcast
Jeremy Mcgarth Supercross 2000- Dreamcast
Kao the Kangaroo- Dreamcast
Sports Jam- Dreamcast
Stupid Invaders- Dreamcast
Custom Skies of Arcadia case
Custom Shenmue 2 case

20220919_020437.jpg

20220919_020359.jpg

Ugh, a couple of stinkers, a couple of mediocre titles in there. Nothing great!

Back