SEGA DREAMCAST

What exactly happened mate? Because 22 years w/o issues may be just a matter of some simple fixable thing. It would be a pity imo to trash a working DC motherboard. Uh just in case it simply stopped reading discs, put the DC upside down when on power.

@9dragons Nice thing also if your DC only needs a few fixable parts you can send that into the molders have them fix and mod.

What exactly happened mate? Because 22 years w/o issues may be just a matter of some simple fixable thing. It would be a pity imo to trash a working DC motherboard. Uh just in case it simply stopped reading discs, put the DC upside down when on power.
There are 2 problems. Disc reading issues, the game starts normal but then after a few minutes the console reboots. Thanks for the advice though. I will try out the upside down trick

But there also issues with the video signal. Sometimes the signal is not transmitted to the TV. I am not sure though if is the fault of the console or the Gekko HDMI box. To clarify that I will visit my parents house tomorrow to get my old RGB Scart cable I get together with the console in 2000. It is in the basement in my parents house.

@BruceWayne911 You are right. Maybe it is too early to write the dc of completely. I will figure out ways to maybe fix it.

Last edited:
The reading reboot issue is mainly due to:
- The disc lid getting loose so the sensor believes its open. "fix" like pointed or just put a brick or a bible on top of it.
- Laser decalibrated or aged. There's plenty of tutorials for workaround it but imo its better just get the part replaced.

I ignore if a power supply problem could affect into DC rebooting but it probably won't be the case.

Thats a clever step with the video signal issue, lets cross fingers its the cable or box rather than console. I relate to it because hardware reading and video issues at once sounds weird.. It usually fails first at disc read and later, after long time becoming worse, the rest of system.

Thanks for the info. And yes it is totally possible that video signal issue is due to the gekko hdmi Box. The box is great but I have read quite often that the cables of the gekko are very fragile. So maybe that's the main issue. I will test it tomorrow even asap right after I get home after the dinner at my parents house with the RGB cable.

Are you thinking the same as me?

Yes you are.

GUYS. THIS IS AN EMERGENCY.

OPERATION DRAGON'S HEAVEN: SAVING 9DRAGONS' DC!

We need the experts! @KiddMarine @the_phoenix_mirror @Van Joel Sandwich @Alex_Star @Ryo Hazuki @Tomato Convenience Store @Catchanysailorshere? we need all the data to solve this, we cant let another DC die like this!

Are you thinking the same as me?

Yes you are.

GUYS. THIS IS AN EMERGENCY.

OPERATION DRAGON'S HEAVEN: SAVING 9DRAGONS' DC!

We need the experts! @KiddMarine @the_phoenix_mirror @Van Joel Sandwich @Alex_Star @Ryo Hazuki @Tomato Convenience Store @Catchanysailorshere? we need all the data to solve this, we cant let another DC die like this!
Many of them are sunbutting at the Bahamas atm so dont expect more help. We are all resources at disposal for 9dragons DC health sake. Muahaha

Oh could be this one of the best operations names ever? Yes

Never heard about that game before but looks like cool indy game if you like the genre

It is also available for modern systems like ps4. But if I get it I will go for the DC version.

ps: Small update for my DC. With RGB cable the console is still giving a image and the book trick recommend by @Seaman fixed the re starting issue. At least for the time being. Was playing Carrier yesterday one hour and had no issues.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Cowabunga Collection- Switch

White VMU- Dreamcast
Shadow Gangs- Dreamcast(@9dragons )
Project Justice- Dreamcast
Skies of Arcadia- Dreamcast
Illbleed- Dreamcast
PowerStone 2- Dreamcast
Pre-modded Dreamcast- 400gb All NA releases and some PAL

20220901_020122.jpg

20220901_020029.jpg

20220901_015947.jpg

I have all of them, still packed away at my parents' house. Bought them all around 2006-2010, when they were still cheap. Issue 1 (Sonic Adventure) is the rarest and most expensive to find.

Samba de Amigo Maracas Bundle US Version- Dreamcast(2 sets of Maracas/2 floor mats/2 sensors)

Armed Seven- Dreamcast Homebrew
Tech Romancer- Dreamcast
4 Wheel Thunder- Dreamcast
Sega Dreamcast Fishing Controller(can finally play Sega Bass Fishing the right way)

20220906_214041.jpg

20220906_213954.jpg

20220906_214132.jpg

20220906_214213.jpg

20220906_214302.jpg

Never heard about that game before but looks like cool indy game if you like the genre

It is also available for modern systems like ps4. But if I get it I will go for the DC version.

ps: Small update for my DC. With RGB cable the console is still giving a image and the book trick recommend by @Seaman fixed the re starting issue. At least for the time being. Was playing Carrier yesterday one hour and had no issues.
Is that discount Grey Fox in the thumbnail?

Yes I would also ay that the tumbnail looks a bit like him. Not sure if this outfit is even in the game. I have not played it yet so maybe Sega Lord X was just creative or this a cyborg ninja like outfit in the game.

Yes I would also ay that the tumbnail looks a bit like him. Not sure if this outfit is even in the game. I have not played it yet so maybe Sega Lord X was just creative or this a cyborg ninja like outfit in the game.
What happened with your dc?

What happened with your dc?
It is ok for now. It turned out the dc is still working with rbg scart cable it seems that just the gekko hdmi box has some flaws. The re starting issue has been also solved for me with putting a heavy book on the lid of the DC.

Samba de Amigo Maracas Bundle US Version- Dreamcast(2 sets of Maracas/2 floor mats/2 sensors)

Armed Seven- Dreamcast Homebrew
Tech Romancer- Dreamcast
4 Wheel Thunder- Dreamcast
Sega Dreamcast Fishing Controller(can finally play Sega Bass Fishing the right way)

View attachment 16918

View attachment 16919

View attachment 16920

View attachment 16921

View attachment 16922
Hope your maracas work... I got mine and couldn't test them, then went home and of course they don't work. Shop wouldn't take them back :mad:

Back