[RELEASE][Shenmue III] Misc Mods - classic camera, NPC fixes and more..

For those interested in the source code for this, I just made it available:

All of the Shenmue 3-related code is in here:

For those interested in the source code for this, I just made it available:

All of the Shenmue 3-related code is in here:

Wonderful! Thank you.

Will you be doing any further versions of the mod?

It depends. There are a few ideas I have but if you have any I'm open to any suggestions!
I have no idea if this is even possible but is there any way of extending the QTE window by 1-1.5 seconds? For me that’s the only area I feel the game feels like it wasn’t sufficiently play tested.

I have no idea if this is even possible but is there any way of extending the QTE window by 1-1.5 seconds? For me that’s the only area I feel the game feels like it wasn’t sufficiently play tested.
Aren't the QTE windows tied to the difficulty? I guess one option would be to have separate difficulty levels for QTE and combat, like how the Silent Hill games have separate difficulty levels for puzzles and combat.

Aren't the QTE windows tied to the difficulty? I guess one option would be to have separate difficulty levels for QTE and combat, like how the Silent Hill games have separate difficulty levels for puzzles and combat.
I am not sure if we ever got a 100% confirmation of this. I didn’t notice an appreciable difference between normal and hard. Although I believe those that have said completed chicken catching on Nightmare difficulty say from the start all 4 button combinations are in play, which only happen at end on hard.

I’ve also heard a few users comment about scaling difficulty on chicken catching that if you repeatedly fail it will give you single combinations. Be nice to know from LemonHaze or others if that’s true.

Do you mean all QTEs in general or just QTEs during cutscenes?

I also find the QTEs in Part 3 too difficult in many places. As far as my responsiveness is concerned, I would even rate it as unmanageable. I often couldn't get past it without memorizing it and trying again. Part 1 & 2 was not so intense in terms of the time window. Of course, I know that technical conditions make entering the QTEs difficult: Input lag through TV & Bluetooth controller. But I think it's sometimes really hard how tight the QTEs are in terms of time.

It depends. There are a few ideas I have but if you have any I'm open to any suggestions!
Well, sorry to bother you on this again, but a while ago, I asked whether the character switching mechanic was still in the game, and you told me you could look at re-enabling it. If the game has stopped receiving official patches, I'd love to have that mechanic back.

FWIW, I can look at it but I can't promise anything I really don't want to spend more than 5 minutes, but if I can add support relatively quickly, then sure I'll go for it. I also didn't realise the minimum system requirements state Windows 7, so maybe that's enough reason to look into it a bit further beyond those '5 minutes'.
Hi, is there any update on this issue? I'm also using windows 7 and encountering the cannot load MiscMods.asi 126 error. Forklift seems to work fine, as I've got the DS4 button icon mod installed successfully (DC Ryo worked fine, too) but I'd love to replay the game with the classic camera and no stamina gauge. I'm using the steam version of the game if that makes any difference. No worries if not, I understand that time is precious.

EDIT: @LemonHaze I've upgraded to Windows 10 and it all works fantastically. I can actually run around the map now without dying of hunger every 30 steps. It actually feels like I can explore these environments and collect herbs without being punished for it. I didn't know that Ryo and Shenhua actually leave footprints, but now that I can see more of the character with the classic camera, details like this are more apparent. Your contributions to this game have improved it immensely. Thank you!

Last edited:
Is there any way to give Shenmue 3 a 70's / 80's Kung Fu movie filter effect !?

Maybe by creating an ENB and tweaking the colour saturation and contrast and adding VHS effect or Film Grain filter overlay !?

I think this could be a really great mod for Shenmue 3; but I don't have the skills to do it.
I remember seeing a video of Shenmue 3 with this visual effect; but I can't find it anymore.

Something like this:

Is there any way to give Shenmue 3 a 70's / 80's Kung Fu movie filter effect !?

Maybe by creating an ENB and tweaking the colour saturation and contrast and adding VHS effect or Film Grain filter overlay !?

I think this could be a really great mod for Shenmue 3; but I don't have the skills to do it.
I remember seeing a video of Shenmue 3 with this visual effect; but I can't find it anymore.

Something like this:
Maybe not exactly what you were after but are you referring to this reshade mod?

4-1576295140-275317585.png

Maybe not exactly what you were after but are you referring to this reshade mod?

4-1576295140-275317585.png
No; it had a vhs effect like the movies from the 70's and 80's; probably it was video edited and not a reshade or enb.

I'm almost certain that in terms of color, contrast and saturation that it is possible to achieve a similar look to that movie era.
It is even possible to add that cinema look with the black bars on the top and bottom; i'm just not sure if it is possible to add the film grain and vhs effect through a reshade or enb.

It would be really cool if it was possible to add these effects to the game.
Maybe they could do it with Shenmue 4 like adding a classic kung fu movie mode like Sucker Punch did with the Korusawa mode in Ghost of Tsushima.

No; it had a vhs effect like the movies from the 70's and 80's; probably it was video edited and not a reshade or enb.

I'm almost certain that in terms of color, contrast and saturation that it is possible to achieve a similar look to that movie era.
It is even possible to add that cinema look with the black bars on the top and bottom; i'm just not sure if it is possible to add the film grain and vhs effect through a reshade or enb.

It would be really cool if it was possible to add these effects to the game.
Maybe they could do it with Shenmue 4 like adding a classic kung fu movie mode like Sucker Punch did with the Korusawa mode in Ghost of Tsushima.
This thread had some elements of what you talked about.

I’ll just use it as an excuse to repost some fantastic images taken-

index.php

index.php

index.php

This is the perfect example of the mod I was looking for Shenmue 3

Thank you very much for the hard work. I put the forklift into the Win64 and the miscmods2021 too, but when I play the game I get error "Miscmods.isi" can't load.

Last edited:
Back